🇺🇸 🇺🇸 Happy Independence Day!!! 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Posts
#603142
TH Spangler wrote: June 30th, 2020, 8:46 am
Class of 20Something wrote: June 30th, 2020, 8:28 am Credibility is hard to build but easy to loose.
You can't make a post without taking a shot at jr. I think you spent to much time working in the last administrations WH to ever like jr. :lol:


ODU in Liberty out?. ODU insiders are already worried they don't have the funds to stay FBS for long.
ODU should have stayed FCS.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#603148
TH Spangler wrote: June 30th, 2020, 8:46 am
Class of 20Something wrote: June 30th, 2020, 8:28 am Credibility is hard to build but easy to loose.
You can't make a post without taking a shot at jr. I think you spent to much time working in the last administrations WH to ever like jr. :lol:


ODU in Liberty out?. ODU insiders are already worried they don't have the funds to stay FBS for long.
How is that a shot at Junior ? :dontgetit
User avatar
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
#603150
TH Spangler wrote: June 30th, 2020, 8:46 am
ODU in Liberty out?. ODU insiders are already worried they don't have the funds to stay FBS for long.
I've wondered the same thing about Coastal. Does anybody know how their FBS footbll program is doing financially?
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Posts
#603151
Purple Haize wrote: June 30th, 2020, 5:40 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 30th, 2020, 8:46 am
Class of 20Something wrote: June 30th, 2020, 8:28 am Credibility is hard to build but easy to loose.
You can't make a post without taking a shot at jr. I think you spent to much time working in the last administrations WH to ever like jr. :lol:


ODU in Liberty out?. ODU insiders are already worried they don't have the funds to stay FBS for long.
How is that a shot at Junior ? :dontgetit
He clarified what he meant.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#603154
I didn’t read them clarifications cause I’m not seeing that as a shot at junior

As a dude who is more often on your side than not, perhaps o can say you might be taking things a little to sensitively. Or paranoid. Not everything is a shot at someone.
TH Spangler liked this
User avatar
By chris leedlelee
Posts
#603162
If anything will get Liberty in a G5 conference, it will be a situation like this where schools are desperately cash strapped and are willing to do anything to stay out of the red, including inviting Liberty into the fold. Luckily, "blame" for bringing LU into the conference can be equally distributed amongst all schools, kind of like our money if they let us join. Really worth watching into the next year or two...
Purple Haize liked this
#603178
Purple Haize wrote: June 30th, 2020, 7:10 pm I didn’t read them clarifications cause I’m not seeing that as a shot at junior

As a dude who is more often on your side than not, perhaps o can say you might be taking things a little to sensitively. Or paranoid. Not everything is a shot at someone.
But if the shoe fits.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Posts
#603179
Class of 20Something wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:30 am
Purple Haize wrote: June 30th, 2020, 7:10 pm I didn’t read them clarifications cause I’m not seeing that as a shot at junior

As a dude who is more often on your side than not, perhaps o can say you might be taking things a little to sensitively. Or paranoid. Not everything is a shot at someone.
But if the shoe fits.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yepper. Do you miss WH duty? :lol:
#603181
TH Spangler wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:46 am
Class of 20Something wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:30 am
Purple Haize wrote: June 30th, 2020, 7:10 pm I didn’t read them clarifications cause I’m not seeing that as a shot at junior

As a dude who is more often on your side than not, perhaps o can say you might be taking things a little to sensitively. Or paranoid. Not everything is a shot at someone.
But if the shoe fits.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yepper. Do you miss WH duty? :lol:
If you mean do I miss being in the military during an era of force shaping and an annual pay raise gap of 4% vs the private sector? Not a bit. Being a federal employee (the military is) helped shape a lot of my political leanings on the 4th branch of government.

I did VIP security twice during my service. Once for POTUS 44 and one for the SoS that lost a presidential bid in 2016. Both situations left a bad taste in my mouth. POTUS didn't even get off of AF1 and say hi to the people that lost an off day. But I got a coin from our one star for calling the KC135 a bus. He was a career fighter pilot but could only maintain wings with what was available.

SoS decided to go rogue from the building we had secured and got caught in the typical rain storm that drops .25" of rain in 3 minutes. SoS proceeded to be rude to security elements that had to leave the predetermined secure building to "rescue" her from the rain. Many, "I'm melting" jokes were made when the plane departed.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Posts
#603183
Class of 20Something wrote: July 1st, 2020, 11:27 am
TH Spangler wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:46 am
Class of 20Something wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:30 am

But if the shoe fits.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yepper. Do you miss WH duty? :lol:
If you mean do I miss being in the military during an era of force shaping and an annual pay raise gap of 4% vs the private sector? Not a bit. Being a federal employee (the military is) helped shape a lot of my political leanings on the 4th branch of government.

I did VIP security twice during my service. Once for POTUS 44 and one for the SoS that lost a presidential bid in 2016. Both situations left a bad taste in my mouth. POTUS didn't even get off of AF1 and say hi to the people that lost an off day. But I got a coin from our one star for calling the KC135 a bus. He was a career fighter pilot but could only maintain wings with what was available.

SoS decided to go rogue from the building we had secured and got caught in the typical rain storm that drops .25" of rain in 3 minutes. SoS proceeded to be rude to security elements that had to leave the predetermined secure building to "rescue" her from the rain. Many, "I'm melting" jokes were made when the plane departed.
yep, I suspect you and Jr's politics will never line up. :lol: But thank you for your service. And yes the military always seems to get the short end of the public sector stick.
#603184
Actually on politics, we line up quite a bit. It's the face that he has the tact and selfawareness of a toddler that cause issues.

I'm a small government conservative through and through. But it's painfully consistent and there are issues where my personal beliefs are different than what I believe is within the purview of the government.
User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts Custom
#603185
@TH Spangler , I'm so confused as to what you think @Class of 20Something's poltics are.

Is it your belief that if one does see jr as a good fit as rhe president of Liberty University that it is all based on politics??

I know this is off topic but you're making my head hurt a little.

Oh @Class of 20Something, already responded. Good.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Posts
#603186
Based on his first response I'm not sure on his politics. Sounds like he was Hillary's IT specialist throughout the campaign, and he thought incoming Trump snubbed them. Knowing about all the spying, can you blame him. Trump knew then.

But who cares. I just about died laughing when I realized Hillary and Obama's 4 year IT guy runs A Sea Of Red forum. That's classic. :lol:
User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts Custom
#603189
TH Spangler wrote:Based on his first response I'm not sure on his politics. Sounds like he was Hillary's IT specialist throughout the campaign, and he thought incoming Trump snubbed them. Knowing about all the spying, can you blame him. Trump knew then.

But who cares. I just about died laughing when I realized Hillary and Obama's 4 year IT guy runs A Sea Of Red forum. That's classic. :lol:
Who are you talking about? Again, you're making my brain hurt.

Oh well. Back to NCAA realignment!

I'd imagine the shake up is going to come sooner rather than later as more schools struggle to make ends meet. It will be interesting to watch.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Posts
#603190
:lol:
thepostman wrote: July 1st, 2020, 2:40 pm
TH Spangler wrote:Based on his first response I'm not sure on his politics. Sounds like he was Hillary's IT specialist throughout the campaign, and he thought incoming Trump snubbed them. Knowing about all the spying, can you blame him. Trump knew then.

But who cares. I just about died laughing when I realized Hillary and Obama's 4 year IT guy runs A Sea Of Red forum. That's classic. :lol:
Who are you talking about? Again, you're making my brain hurt.

Oh well. Back to NCAA realignment!

I'd imagine the shake up is going to come sooner rather than later as more schools struggle to make ends meet. It will be interesting to watch.
I read his post again. Couldn't read it well until I got inside. I stand corrected he thought Obama was rude and Clinton dumb.

He posted in his linkedin profile he handle IT security for the Whitehouse 2013-2016.
User avatar
By Ill flame
Posts
#603192
I'm curious to see how much longer the meac sticks around after losing 3 teams in recent years. I can't decide if having the swac as a super conference would be good for them or not because right now most of those teams are struggling.
User avatar
By jbock13
Posts
#603193
thepostman wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:Based on his first response I'm not sure on his politics. Sounds like he was Hillary's IT specialist throughout the campaign, and he thought incoming Trump snubbed them. Knowing about all the spying, can you blame him. Trump knew then.

But who cares. I just about died laughing when I realized Hillary and Obama's 4 year IT guy runs A Sea Of Red forum. That's classic. :lol:
Who are you talking about? Again, you're making my brain hurt.

Oh well. Back to NCAA realignment!

I'd imagine the shake up is going to come sooner rather than later as more schools struggle to make ends meet. It will be interesting to watch.
Too much Breitbart and Tucker.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
#603194
Ill flame wrote: July 1st, 2020, 5:07 pm I'm curious to see how much longer the meac sticks around after losing 3 teams in recent years. I can't decide if having the swac as a super conference would be good for them or not because right now most of those teams are struggling.
They'll still have 8 members after Bethune-Cookman, Florida A&M and NC A&T leave. It'll be a much more compact conference once the Florida schools are gone.
olldflame liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
#603197
I will add, that although they'll still have 8 and be more compact after A&T and the Florida schools leave, Delaware State has flirted with the Big South before - and I wouldn't be shocked to see NC Central go back to D-II.
User avatar
By Ill flame
Posts
#603207
ATrain wrote: July 1st, 2020, 5:47 pm
Ill flame wrote: July 1st, 2020, 5:07 pm I'm curious to see how much longer the meac sticks around after losing 3 teams in recent years. I can't decide if having the swac as a super conference would be good for them or not because right now most of those teams are struggling.
They'll still have 8 members after Bethune-Cookman, Florida A&M and NC A&T leave. It'll be a much more compact conference once the Florida schools are gone.
I believe they are only at 6 for football though and 5 for baseball now. Conferences with 6 teams generally don't stay at that number for long. Either they will expand, shut down or drop football.
  • 1
  • 446
  • 447
  • 448
  • 449
  • 450
Gandy-Golden Draft Projections

I’ve heard that somewhere else before...[…]

2020 Presidential Election

2020 just keeps getting weirder https://twitter.c[…]

Hamilton

Just watched for the first time. I love musicals[…]

Every post by “whatistruth” is clear[…]