By far the most popular Club Sports on Campus making them well deserving of their own home. Bring your Hockey Club discussion here. All D1, D2 and D3 Men's and Women's team will find a home here.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Seems like a prime sport for south to get a tv deal and enough teams to create a conference for NCAA D 1. Equal number on women’s team so a push on title 9. If I were a Bally Sports type - I would push and explore. Gate makes $ as this is one of the funnest sports to view in person ( as LU students prove ). Seems like something LU could take a lead on putting this together ( we know our prez likes hockey ). The current big issue is all the teams are way up north - but if you could do a bus tour for a few road games...
Sadly the NCAA is not allowing new hockey only conferences so its not really an option unless multiple teams from a multi sport conference like the ACC move up together and fill out the rest of the conference with associate members. And bally sports can't afford the contracts they already have on the books so I certainly don't think they'd be interested in paying schools for college hockey. This is great to see interest in hockey grow in the south though. NC vs NC state gets great attendance every year in hockey, it didn't really make sense to me that they were in acha d2.
Ill flame wrote: May 24th, 2024, 8:15 pm Sadly the NCAA is not allowing new hockey only conferences so its not really an option unless multiple teams from a multi sport conference like the ACC move up together and fill out the rest of the conference with associate members. And bally sports can't afford the contracts they already have on the books so I certainly don't think they'd be interested in paying schools for college hockey. This is great to see interest in hockey grow in the south though. NC vs NC state gets great attendance every year in hockey, it didn't really make sense to me that they were in acha d2.
Wonder if the NCAA agreement would help introduce that idea to the ACC presidents and the commissioner. It could be the four schools mentioned plus Liberty, WVU, Tennessee, Ohio, Syracuse and if one other school up north would like to join (Stony Brook come to mine). If not SB, maybe Pitt would consider the spot. Just a thought Play Hockey
cruzan_flame13 wrote: May 24th, 2024, 8:54 pm
Ill flame wrote: May 24th, 2024, 8:15 pm Sadly the NCAA is not allowing new hockey only conferences so its not really an option unless multiple teams from a multi sport conference like the ACC move up together and fill out the rest of the conference with associate members. And bally sports can't afford the contracts they already have on the books so I certainly don't think they'd be interested in paying schools for college hockey. This is great to see interest in hockey grow in the south though. NC vs NC state gets great attendance every year in hockey, it didn't really make sense to me that they were in acha d2.
Wonder if the NCAA agreement would help introduce that idea to the ACC presidents and the commissioner. It could be the four schools mentioned plus Liberty, WVU, Tennessee, Ohio, Syracuse and if one other school up north would like to join (Stony Brook come to mine). If not SB, maybe Pitt would consider the spot. Just a thought Play Hockey
U of alabama-huntsville used to have hockey but dropped it during covid. They said they'll only add hockey again if they can join a conference. I'm not sure if that's lip service like Ian Mccaw seems to give when asked or if they really mean it but I imagine if a southern based hockey conference ever formed, they would be part of that cconversation.
Ill flame wrote: May 24th, 2024, 10:07 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: May 24th, 2024, 8:54 pm
U of alabama-huntsville used to have hockey but dropped it during covid. They said they'll only add hockey again if they can join a conference. I'm not sure if that's lip service like Ian Mccaw seems to give when asked or if they really mean it but I imagine if a southern based hockey conference ever formed, they would be part of that cconversation.
Forgot about them; definitely would be a travel partner with Bama. Lets exclude SB and Pitt 8)
The article says they are moving up to D1 ACHA, not NCAA.
tyndal23 wrote:
jbock13 wrote: May 24th, 2024, 11:43 pm The article says they are moving up to D1 ACHA, not NCAA.
No kidding, scroll up...
Sorry, some of us got tired of you arguing with yourself for fun.
Election 2022 and 2024

All of this is why I just can’t believe […]

Prayers please

Apparently there's someone that's looking at it to[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazetten[…]

2025 Recruiting Discussion

It's good to see us bringing in some quality recru[…]