Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Touchdownmaker
The Cure Bowl would certainly be a letdown and huge disappointment. All we can do is take care of business tonight and let the chips fall where they may. I seriously doubt an undefeated FBS Conference Champion would be inThe Cure Bowl???
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Unfortunately many teams get shafted come bowl season because of the stupid bowl tie ins to accommodate those 6-6 Power 5 teams.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: December 1st, 2023, 1:22 pm

We will not be playing in the new Orleans bowl this year which was the bowl that kept showing up the most in projections.
When will you all learn?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Watching Tulane inch down the polls and LU inch up the polls I wonder if beating a quality NMSU team that beat Auburn etc will be enough to flip the positions regardless of Saturdays outcome. It would be much easier to predict if Tulane loses but I’m not sure impossible if they win
AATL, TH Spangler, Liberty22 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If we don't score an NY6 bowl, the options are U-G-L-Y. We'll be in one of the lowest bowls likely playing a 2nd or 3rd place team from another G5 league. If Charlotte or Birmingham or Conway in Mid-December is attractive to you, you are likely in luck.

We really need Smoo to pull off the upset today.
Liberty22 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:14 am Watching Tulane inch down the polls and LU inch up the polls I wonder if beating a quality NMSU team that beat Auburn etc will be enough to flip the positions regardless of Saturdays outcome. It would be much easier to predict if Tulane loses but I’m not sure impossible if they win
I think last night makes it a MUCH tougher choice for the committee. My bias opinion is we deserve to be in. We didn't lose a game and outscored a NMSU team by 14 while they were playing their best football. But I know how these things work and if Tulane wins, they're in. We all just have to be huge SMU fans later today.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty should be in NY6 regardless of what Tulane does today. LU has beaten 6 bowl eligible teams, by an average of 17 points, I believe. One thing in our favor is the old saying, "offense sells tickets".
But it feels good knowing the SEC championship game today may have a bearing on our bowl opponent, if we jump Tulane.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Does anyone still want to see us against JMU with their head coach and starting QB announcing they’re out and the loss to App State? To me, that’s not appealing in any way, shape, or form.
Liberty22, flamehunter liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Playing JMU has NEVER been appealing in any form. An undefeated team playing a team still in transition from FCS doesn't make sense.
And there should be a rule banning 2 teams from same state from playing each other in a bowl game, regardless of teams and/or state.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:57 am If we don't score an NY6 bowl, the options are U-G-L-Y. We'll be in one of the lowest bowls likely playing a 2nd or 3rd place team from another G5 league. If Charlotte or Birmingham or Conway in Mid-December is attractive to you, you are likely in luck.
I guess that there are worse things than finishing 14-0. And Charlotte and Conway are both close driving distance from Lynchburg. :oldhag
By Ill flame
Kricket wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 12:57 pm Does anyone still want to see us against JMU with their head coach and starting QB announcing they’re out and the loss to App State? To me, that’s not appealing in any way, shape, or form.
If we don't make a NY6 and we have to play a G5 I would rather it be JMU. JMU has the second best record among G5s at 11-1 but should be an easier win than schools like Troy or app state with all of the turmoil they are facing. At this point if we don't get the NY6 I just want a winnable game that will allow us to carry over this momentum into the transfer portal in the off season and into 2024 when we have our eyes set on the CFP. I don't want the CFP committee to have a chance to say "I told you so" if they leave us out.
JK37 liked this
By ECC29
Or we should request a game against Tulane for the right to play NY6 bowl. There is plenty of time in December to do that. 😆
Baybird liked this
By Ill flame
Tulane couldn't have had a better start to this game getting a near scoop and score on the first play of the game.
By AATL
Too bad the committee is watching Georgia-Bama, because both of these teams look rough.
By Ill flame
With how dominant SMUs defense was in the first half a one score lead somehow feels safe here. Tulane had more three and outs than first downs. I assume SMU is going to pull away in the second half. They have ran double the number of plays as Tulane in the first half so I have to assume that Tulanes defense is going to get worn down.

Even if Tulane somehow pulls out the win its been a pretty ugly game for them up to this point despite playing against a backup QB. SMU looks way more impressive.
By Tnobes
The committee could try to pull some shenanigans like ranking a one loss team ahead of us then when a 2 loss team beats the over ranked one loss team you jump them ahead of us because they beat a "ranked" team. How convenient how that works
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]