If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Good one.... :roll:

Luka is playing right now and I had forgotten how much fun he is to watch play
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m binge watching Last Chance U. I was binge watching Battlestar Galactica and will return to that later
I want to get in to the NBA but will wait till all this BS blows over
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 31st, 2020, 9:39 pm Good one.... :roll:

Luka is playing right now and I had forgotten how much fun he is to watch play
I like his game
By Jonathan Carone
Seth Curry has the perception as just Steph’s little brother.

When his current contract finishes, Seth will have made about $37 million and he has the second best 3pt % in NBA history.

The dude has worked his butt off to get to where he is and deserves it all.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, he isn't as talented as Steph but he has worked so dang hard to get to where he is. It has been great to watch.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Assistant Becky Hammon didn't either. Here is the story

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/295 ... ing-anthem

San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich and assistant coach Becky Hammon opted to stand while players and coaches on the Spurs and Sacramento Kings kneeled during the national anthem Friday night.

Popovich, who has long spoken out against racial injustice, explained he preferred to keep his decision to stand "to myself" and that "everybody has to make a personal decision."

Popovich's star guard DeMar DeRozan said people should not "vilify" either Popovich or Hammon for standing.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:40 am
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:35 am Greg Popovich - one of the most progressive and outspoken coaches in the NBA - also chose not to kneel.
Bad knees.
:lol: My first thought too :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I watched some of the Pacers game and some of the Lakers game
I don’t like the slogans on the backs of the uniforms. Simply because I don’t know who most of the players even are. So saying “man that was a great play by....No Justice No Peace” or “Wow who made that move?”
“Say Their Name”
“That’s what I’m asking”
“Say their Name is on the jersey”
“Oh, but what IS their name?”
“I dunno”
At first I didn’t like the “fans” that were videod in but the more I thought about it the more I like it. Not so much from my perspective but from someone who actually gets to be one of those people. That would be super cool
The piped in music and crowd noise is ok. Makes it more game like for the players. They are used to that type of background noise. Without it they would be off kilter.
LBJ should have made his career trying to be a better version of Magic Johnson not Jordan. Watching him play point or even high post really utilizes all his talents. But he was never the most coachable player
The Pacers are intriguing
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Well Jonathan Issac's surgically repaired knee just buckled and it looks bad.

The Magic have had the look of a team that could sneak up on some people so far.

With that said, i still hate the virtual fans. I'm not sure if I will ever get use to that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 8:19 pm Well Jonathan Issac's surgically repaired knee just buckled and it looks bad.

The Magic have had the look of a team that could sneak up on some people so far.

With that said, i still hate the virtual fans. I'm not sure if I will ever get use to that.
How does one become a virtual fan? Do they see the game from where they are on the court? Like I said, for me I didn’t care for it but if I was them it could be cool
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have throughly enjoyed the NBA season thus far. Granted all I have watched is two aweome comeback victories by the Rockets over the Mavs & Bucks. Frankly until the playoffs start that is all I have any interest in viewing. Let's get this play-in business done and over with it.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
I’ve watched virtually every game. Had mostly been great. And I’ve been killing it on FanDuel unlike ever before. Only do $1 entries to keep it reasonable, but I’ve won well over $150 since the regular season restarted!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'll have to give that a listen.

American businesses have done business in China for decades and they do their best to appease their government because there is a billion people there and they make a lot of money off of them. The NBA is no different. Why so many focus on just the NBA is beyond me.

Regardless, it is a talking point people enjoy going to but they should probably go through their houses and destroy all things made in China and stop buying Chinese goods if they care so much. Of course that is nearly impossible because the business relationships between China and rhe United States goes much deeper than just the NBA.

Anyways. We are about halfway through the seeding games and I'm really enjoying it. Got league pass with my brothers and have been watching a ton of basketball. The level of play has been much better than
I expected. I figured the seeding games would look like pre season games but I was very wrong.

It's been fun. Despite the old guys around here trying to rain on my parade.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 8th, 2020, 8:33 am I'll have to give that a listen.

American businesses have done business in China for decades and they do their best to appease their government because there is a billion people there and they make a lot of money off of them. The NBA is no different. Why so many focus on just the NBA is beyond me.

Regardless, it is a talking point people enjoy going to but they should probably go through their houses and destroy all things made in China and stop buying Chinese goods if they care so much. Of course that is nearly impossible because the business relationships between China and rhe United States goes much deeper than just the NBA.

Anyways. We are about halfway through the seeding games and I'm really enjoying it. Got league pass with my brothers and have been watching a ton of basketball. The level of play has been much better than
I expected. I figured the seeding games would look like pre season games but I was very wrong.

It's been fun. Despite the old guys around here trying to rain on my parade.
The NBA deserves all the criticism they get and more regarding their silence on China's human rights record. They have more actual leverage against the CCP than every other business in America combined. Their product is unbelievably popular there, and it is the one thing they cannot reverse-engineer and make themselves or buy elsewhere.
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. The NBA actively markets in China. “Courts” their business and wants to partner with the pro league there. The deafening silence on China and even the rebuke when owners or players speak up about it say a whole lot and earns them every ounce of criticism and then some
olldflame liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I still think it is attacking the symptom instead of the cause but such is life.

I can still enjoy NBA basketball.
Prayers please

My neighborhood in Gambrills was great. Great fri[…]

5 plus 7 model

Ian stated we are working on a neutral site game..[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't w[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]