This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 31st, 2020, 9:22 am It’s safe enough to open schools
It’s safe enough to vote in person in an election (we’ve done it. France has done it)
It’s safe enough to protest
It’s safe enough to go out to eat at a restaurant
The fact that Jr said what he said indicates he’s not bright enough to understand what Trump was up to or he’s not as clever as he thins and was trying to propagate what Trump was doing. I am ok when Trump is being Trump. It’s cringe when JR tries to be Trump
France is not the only place. In person elections were held here on July 5. 55% of registered voters showed up (which is somewhat low for the DR). So far no indication of a big spike in Covid cases.
Purple Haize, rtb72 liked this
Purple Haize wrote:I’ll take issue with the insinuation about his dad. Jerry Sr was overly cautious about any appearance of impropriety of this nature.
Purple Haize wrote:I’ll take issue with the insinuation about his dad. Jerry Sr was overly cautious about any appearance of impropriety of this nature.
I still don't quite understand the point of unzipping your pants and showing your underwear on FB with a young woman on your arm
Last edited by Whatisthetruth on August 18th, 2020, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
IF these pictures are real and recent, he obviously hasn't learned anything regarding his public persona as the leader of the world's largest Christian university.
I hope some way, these photos are not real, but for some reason I suspect they are. Anyone want to bet that there is a lot more in that glass than coke? :shock:
Sr. wouldn't be caught dead in this situation and rightly so. Very sad.
ATrain, Just John liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Again, when one is a leader of a Christian institution, it comes with some higher expectations. This was probably seen as really funny to him but it is just kind of weird.

He has every right to enjoy himself as he feels fit bit as the president of Liberty University.....this just is a bad look.
chris leedlelee, jinxy, flameshaw and 3 others liked this
To be fair to Jerry, I'm pretty sure that is his daughter in law. What I take issue with is him "living the high life" and showing it off while so many people aren't doing well financially at the moment.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
It’s sad how much normalizing is going on in this thread. Reading through the timeline of posts, it feels like many members on this board are collectively going through stages of grief. Today it appears that we’re now at acceptance.

The fact that he feels comfortable posting these images of himself shows that he fears no repercussion from the “board” at LU.

RIP standards of decency.
flameshaw, flamehunter, ATrain and 3 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 10:55 am I saw the video. I think the pics are of wardrobe for some kind of skit they did ..... I still hate skinny leg jeans on men. :oops: :lol:
Wardrobe skits that require you to unbutton your pants should probably be a Red Flag. Doing so with a woman who is not your wife should be 2 Red Flags waving around a yellow flag with sparklers attached.
ATrain, lynchburgwildcats, Baybird and 2 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 9:31 am Who had "finding out what type of underwear Jerry Jr wears" on their bingo card for 2020? Yep, seems about right.
As a boxers guy myself i shake my head at the skinny jeans and nut huggers
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I mean if this was one of you guys, I'd make fun of you and move on but this is different. This is a president of a Christian university. How much longer will the board stand by and do nothing?? If he wants to live this kind of life, fine but he doesn't have to be the president of LU to do so.
ATrain, flameshaw, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 11:44 am
rhezick wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 9:31 am Who had "finding out what type of underwear Jerry Jr wears" on their bingo card for 2020? Yep, seems about right.
As a boxers guy myself i shake my head at the skinny jeans and nut huggers
Still don't like skinny leg jeans. :lol:
Last edited by TH Spangler on August 3rd, 2020, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Haize liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 11:41 am
thepostman wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 10:15 am Ahh yeah, your right.

I gueas it has now been deleted. I'm sure it was photoshopped :lol:
Even if it was his daughter in law that makes it more creepy.
Oh, I know! I was not saying that to make it sound less creepy. Haha

My wife saw the picture and instantly said the woman looks uncomfortable. So that is one female's opinion on this. Very scientific poll.
Purple Haize, Baybird liked this
This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]

2024 Season Thread

Thanks for the work you put into these. It is appr[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

https://x.com/thevivafrei/status/1801347846974661[…]