Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:22 pm Is our band going to be at the game?
Yes, a band member from church told me that the marching band is very definitely going. And since this is LU's first-ever bowl game, I bought the high roller $150 ticket that comes with food!
By ElmersTwin
Class of 20Something wrote: December 9th, 2019, 1:20 pm
thepostman wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:55 pm There are events throughout the week that include the band, so I'd imagine they'll be there.
I’m fairly certain there's a battle of the bands too.
As long as Kerr remains in charge the battle of the bands won't be much of a battle at all...
By CCWMichael
thepostman wrote: December 9th, 2019, 8:30 am It should be a close, competitive game but I've been burned by LU for so long it is hard for me to be optimistic. But it is a new day at Liberty. Or so it seems.
I would hope that we can pull our secondary up close to prevent a run game and our secondary will not get burned cause they do not pass!
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I will say this about the Cure bowl. its well organized and its fun for the athletes. Its not the flashiest of bowls but there is something to be said for being in Florida. It sure beats going to Detroit over the Christmas holiday.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I read this on a Georgia Southern message board:

Save your money. Hate to break the news to ya'll, but Southern ain't got a chance in this game. Never play well against a big tight end, going back to the ascension of Youngstown State over Georgia Southern. Can't defend against the pass, got NO decent pass rush, and even if we did, the rethread from App ain't gonna rush but three - just look at the end of the Minnesota game. Also, as much as I like chummy old elbow drop, Hugh Freeze will flat out coach the pants off of him.

Only hope is Freeze stays in the hotel and tries to coach out the window, fog rolls in...And besides, how you gonna beat a team that is on a mission from God? At least we aren't playing Wyoming, poor old GSU Deax is gonna get smashed by that old bald headed bastage.

Final Score: Liberty 45, GSU 9.

Sunbelt 0 for 5 this bowl season, and will have to find a new spin on the commercial they play about three year running average of beta and aggregates against power of 5 schools with losing records and mascots who are not actually real animals.

And no, I'm not trying to be funny. Just keepin' it real, Holmes.
https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread. ... dium/page4
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This is BIG travel news from Bob Good of the Flames Club, which just came in an email:

Liberty University is making available a chartered fan flight for your Flames Football game at the Cure Bowl in Orlando, Fla.!

The plane will depart Lynchburg for Orlando at approximately 9 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 20, and depart Orlando for the return trip to Lynchburg at approximately 6 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 22.

Seats are limited and a special package ticket price including flight ticket and game ticket is offered at $500 per person. Seat locations will be assigned using the Flames Club priority process (membership level and loyalty point total) for all purchases made by 5 p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday, Dec. 11). Club seat tickets (valued at $150) will be assigned first as the game ticket for package purchases, until sold out, after which sideline game tickets (valued at $50) will be assigned. However, package tickets are available to all Flame fans on a first-come, first-served basis until sold out, so act now!

Hotel accommodations and meals are not included in the package. More details will be provided to those who purchase package tickets. If you have already purchased a game ticket, you can upgrade to a package ticket by simply paying the price difference.

Please call 434-582-SEAT (7328) or 434-582-CLUB (2582) to purchase, or click here and select “Flight & West Club Game Ticket” at the bottom.

Please email FlamesClub@liberty.edu for any questions.

We hope to have you travel with us---GO FLAMES!
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Does anyone know, if I sign up for CBS all access for the $5.99 a month, will that allow me to stream cbs sports network? I tried googling this question, but the answer is unclear. :)
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
jimflamesfan wrote: December 10th, 2019, 8:29 pm Does anyone know, if I sign up for CBS all access for the $5.99 a month, will that allow me to stream cbs sports network? I tried googling this question, but the answer is unclear. :)
I am fairly certain the answer is "no." However, you might be able to find a free trial to CBS all access to find out.
By LUOrange
alabama24 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:48 pm
jimflamesfan wrote: December 10th, 2019, 8:29 pm Does anyone know, if I sign up for CBS all access for the $5.99 a month, will that allow me to stream cbs sports network? I tried googling this question, but the answer is unclear. :)
I am fairly certain the answer is "no." However, you might be able to find a free trial to CBS all access to find out.
Yes you do. You might even be able to stream it on cbssports.com. At least, that's what Google says.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I texted with Amazon Customer service, according to the customer service rep., If you pay the $5.99 for CBS all access thru prime video, you can access live cbssportsnetwork programming.

Looks like there is a 5 day free trial, so I plan to test it a couple of days in advance. :)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]