This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:13 am
amar0819 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 3:11 pm Jerry Jr and Trey walk into a club...sounds like a good joke
Like Two Corinthians?
Actually I was raised hearing it called Two Corinthians etc. if you listen to the Bible In one Year App they say Two Corinthians. I never understood why people got so exercised about that
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:38 am
amar0819 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 3:11 pm Jerry Jr and Trey walk into a club...sounds like a good joke
Like Two Corinthians?
Actually I was raised hearing it called Two Corinthians etc. if you listen to the Bible In one Year App they say Two Corinthians. I never understood why people got so exercised about that
The “dark side”’s embrace of Trump knows no bounds.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: September 10th, 2019, 7:13 pm I smell a political hit job. This seems to be coordinated by The Hill and Politico. And no one taking credit for the FBI story :lol:

AND

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/2 ... atic-donor
It's interesting how we look at things through our own filters. I could have sworn during the 2016 election The Hill was [in the tank for Trump.

There is a media watchdog site called AllSides that measures the biases of media outlets. If I figured out how to load a jpeg into my post correctly you will see it's rated "non-biased". Ratings from other outlets look correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
I'm old enough to remember when this qualified as a controversy. We were so young and naive back then.
Like Two Corinthians?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:03 am

Like Two Corinthians?
I wish we had a laugh button with the like button. but it’s true. Download the Bible in One Year Apo if you don’t believe me. Ha
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 10th, 2019, 5:28 pm Seriously? He’s calling in the FBI? Good grief. Talk about over reacting
I don’t think this site is in danger. Especially since they have changed the name. The accesss might become limited though
That's what people of his ilk and other dictators do. Instead of addressing the problem head on they try to silence the opposition.
By amar0819
At this point it's all becoming very comical. Between Jerry's response to the chickens on here running around with their heads cutoff. It made me think a couple of things.

First what is the vibe on campus like? Are student's feeling uneasy about all of this or do they even care?

Second what is the best case scenario for all of this and what is the absolute worst scenario for all of this?
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
Best case scenario: JFJR admits his indiscretions and apologizes. JFJR recognizes that he is a detriment to the universities mission and amicably moves aside in the best interest of the university.

Worst case scenario: JFJR doubles down and blames everyone but himself, including the 'fake news' and the 'liberal media.'

Looks like we're going with worst case scenario.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It would go a long way to hear Jerry Jr actually admit that he was wrong about something. His father had absolutely zero problems apologizing and admitting when he misspoke or did something wrong. Jr simply triple downs on his behavior and dares people to challenge him.
By amar0819
bluedevilflame wrote: September 11th, 2019, 9:43 am Best case scenario: JFJR admits his indiscretions and apologizes. JFJR recognizes that he is a detriment to the universities mission and amicably moves aside in the best interest of the university.

Worst case scenario: JFJR doubles down and blames everyone but himself, including the 'fake news' and the 'liberal media.'

Looks like we're going with worst case scenario.
So either way months from now everything at school is still running smoothly and people just move on? Is there any chance the IRS gets involved or something along those lines where the school loses its non profit or credibility?
By Jonathan Carone
Best case: Jerry repents, restores his relationship with Jonathan, and begins leading the university in a way that represents who we are.

Best case that’s actually plausible: he takes a cabinet position with Trump and steps down.

Worst case: he continues to fight this aggressively and proudly further damaging the reputation of the school all while the board sits by and does nothing.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 11th, 2019, 6:49 am
adam42381 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:03 am

I wish we had a laugh button with the like button. but it’s true. Download the Bible in One Year Apo if you don’t believe me. Ha
I thought mine was clearly a joke. Not really meant to be serious. Lol

I have very occasionally heard it mentioned as Two Corinthians as well.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: September 11th, 2019, 7:23 am
Just John wrote: September 11th, 2019, 12:19 am
lynchburgwildcats wrote: September 10th, 2019, 4:47 pm
You named your daughter after Ronald Reagan? YIKES

"Ashley Reagan". Michael Reagan named his daughter the same so Reagan had a granddaughter with the same name. :) Not that we knew that when we named her.
I have no idea who that is.
My daughters name is Ashley Reagan. Hope that helps with the “yikes” factor. :roll:
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 10th, 2019, 1:38 pm
For 21 years, I have maintained an impeccable reputation for documenting Miami Beach’s storied social scene.

We wholly reject Jerry Falwell Jr.’s baseless allegation in yesterday’s Politico report by Brandon Ambrosino that one of our pictures was “photo-shopped” or manipulated in any fashion.

We, in fact, did not know Politico’s purpose for licensing the image and were as surprised as anyone to discover that Mr. Falwell was among the partygoers we photographed on July 19, 2014 at WALL Lounge.

As a result, we reviewed all the images we have from the event and discovered an additional four photos that include Mr. Falwell and two more of his son.

— Seth Browarnik, founder World Red Eye
https://worldredeye.com/2019/09/rebuke- ... e-article/
They’ve now updated the post to include the other family members who were there. Here are the rest of the pictures taken that night. I’m pretty sure a lot of us would have gotten in some serious trouble at LU if we went to this club.

https://worldredeye.com/2014/07/john-dahlback-at-wall/
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I'm heartbroken for my school. Disgusted it's reached this point. With all of the good things that are happening at Liberty in the academic and athletic realm, we're forced to continuously deal with irreverent leadership.

I hope this goes away and goes away quickly. I know it'll be an ugly divorce but something has got to break at some point.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Some of us probably would've gotten in trouble but I don't really care about that. I just wish he would've been honest. It is such a silly thing to lie about. It is this lie that really stands out to me because it is just so small in the grand scheme of things. It is hard for one to trust anything said by someone who is willing to lie about something so small.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I too, am very curious. It seems, from the outside looking in, it is viewed as much of the same. They create memes and laugh it off and don't seem to take it too seriously but maybe I am wrong.

I would love to get their point of view for sure.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]