Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUGrad2000
I am a little perplexed as to why we are paying them 800k for the home game when we have home and homes scheduled with them. Last year was understandable because of the short window of time we had. This is for 2023. Are we having that difficult a time finding home games?
By BlueBlood
LUGrad2000 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 10:38 am I am a little perplexed as to why we are paying them 800k for the home game when we have home and homes scheduled with them. Last year was understandable because of the short window of time we had. This is for 2023. Are we having that difficult a time finding home games?
It looks like the ACC schools we have scheduled want 2 for 1s, so I'm guessing that LU needs to buy a few EXTRA home games.
By FlamesHighontheTide
I know that this would be crazy but for more national recognition it would help. 2023 we need 1 more away game and 2024 we need 2. Nick Saban last week that they will play whoever and whenever. Why not go play them. Plus with his friendship to Hugh Freeze it might be able to happen.
ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
We shouldn’t even be doing 1 for 1’s with MAC schools, pay them to come here as a 1 off, save the away for P5 only and select few Independents we need to partner with to fill out our schedule. By 2026/27 - be P5 equivalent in scheduling - only way we recruit well enough to win P5 games consistently ( not the “ hope we win 1 of the 4 mentality we have now” )

Interesting perspective, last i checked gill and […]

Hampton postmortem

Where is this Wing Cart thing you talk about[…]

The ongoing Jerry Falwell Jr thread

If I looked like that at 56 I’d take my shir[…]

Hoping Frith gets to play this game and starts to […]