Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

User avatar
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
#300412
SuperJon wrote:We only own five canoes and a couple of kayaks
Super, you forgot about the crew boat(s) we have! :D
Or, the Judds can come in concert and sing, "Love Can Build a Bridge." :oldhag
User avatar
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
#300449
goaliejake22 wrote:
LUconn wrote:Hooray.
http://tweetphoto.com/12453212
So that is where the upper deck will start, right? Under all of that will be room to walk under! It will be huge!
The little ones...it's going to be a 6 foot opening. By making it that short - LU saved $4million dollars. Shouldn't be an issue though - 80% of our crown is under 6 foot...
User avatar
By LUaddict
Registration Days Posts
#300606
# Eight columns up. http://tweetphoto.com/12590939 6 minutes ago via UberTwitter


# Now that is a big crane! http://tweetphoto.com/12590636 10 minutes ago via UberTwitter


# South tower foundation. http://tweetphoto.com/12564115 about 5 hours ago via UberTwitter


# Foundation for North stair tower. http://tweetphoto.com/12563908 about 5 hours ago via UberTwitter


# Yellow crane building the white crane. White one is a 300 ton crane used to handle the really heavy steel/con http://tweetphoto.com/12563565 about 5 hours ago via UberTwitter


# 20 columns will be along front of upper deck. Six columns of rebar set. http://tweetphoto.com/12562715 about 5 hours ago via UberTwitter


# Six columns of rebar up. http://tweetphoto.com/12560930 about 6 hours ago via UberTwitter

Coming along fairly well! :mrgreen:
User avatar
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
#300720
I still can't belive that there are clouds in the latest rendering. Take care of that, SJ.
User avatar
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
#300774
Theyre startin to log evenings out at the stadium. I have been by there the last few nights and they have lights rigged up and they are workin hard.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
#300786
I have a question for you locales. When looking at the latest drawing it doesn't look like the new addtion will hold the 7,000 that the plans call for. The addition looks to be half the size of what is already there and with the original stadium holding 6,000 each side for a total of 12,000. Just by looking at it I would say the new addition looks to hold an additional 4,000 tops. Is that true or is it the angle at which the new addition is sitting in the picture?
User avatar
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
#300788
We're adding the upper deck, but we're also adding 4 sections to each corner. I would say the upper deck has about 5,000 with each new section in the corners having about 800 each. That would be 6200 new seats.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
#300820
Thanks! I completely forgot about the new corners sections. Makes sense now as the second phase will bring us to 23,000, an increase of 4,000. So both decks would seat 4K to 5K with the corners filling in the rest of the expansion.

I wasn't worried about "being lyed to" but plans do change on these types of projects, especially long term. I believe that we are increasing the number of suites from our original number and there might be other changes and I am thinking that the press box is bigger than the original plan. I was thinking that the tight deadline called for changes to seating but that might not be the case. Anyway thank you locals for responses and I look forward to seeing the final products but everything looks great.
User avatar
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
#300918
JK37 wrote:FIFY
jcmanson orginally wrote:we're also adding 4 sections to each corner.
jcmanson should have wrote:we're also adding 4 sections, 1 to each corner.
Thanks, that's what I meant
User avatar
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
#301288
If you guys aren’t following LUADJeff on Twitter, you need to. He gives almost daily updates w/ photos. There’s a lot going on now that you can actually see.
User avatar
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
#301592
Looks like LU's version of Stonehenge. :shock:
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
#302616
I drove by today and there was some scaffolding/construction material connecting the lower pillars in the front to the higher ones in the back. I'm guessing that's the beginnings of the stands being built on top of the support pillars. It looks steep but it's exciting.
  • 1
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 52
LU v. Delaware

Two nice games under our belts. I was impressed wi[…]

LU v. Ball State Thread

All the wannabe coaches, experts, and keyboard coo[…]

5 for 5 rule Meeting

Nobody likes you. Nobody thinks you are funny. G[…]

Hope everything goes well for Coach Freeze. I'm […]