If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
im not computer savvy enough to post color pics like sly, but here is the thread on today's game. Coastal is 9-9 overall, 3-4 in the big south, and are coming off a big 64-57 upset win at winthrop. the chants have won three out of their last four games, and are coached by former UNC grad and appy st and tennessee coach buzz peterson. here is their probable starters:

G PELE PAELAY 13.7 PPG
G JACK LEASURE 17.9 PPG
G MARIO SISSINI 2.8 PPG
F MOSES SANKO 10.4 PPG
F JOESPH HARRIS 4.2 PPG

this will be a tough one at tiny kimbel arena (1,039 seats) and the supposed white out is today. good luck to the flames!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
E-mail I got on facebook:
hey guys!! we are trying to get EVERYONE coming to the men's basketball game this weekend (sat. 1/28 @ 4pm) to wear WHITE.... we are going to stand up the entire game and make a ton of noise... we're starting our standing section in section 7 and moving into section 8 followed by the bleachers behind the baselines.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Anything CCU can do to try and create a basketball atmosphere on campus is a good thing.

But this is going to be a tough matchup no matter what happens in the stands.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 60 Final

Coastal Carolina 72

I can't find a box score, but obviously our offense is in trouble. The great thing about college basketball is, even though we blow we only have to win 3 in a row to have a successful season. How does the BSC do things, does the worst team not make it or does #1 get a bye? I guess that's what we have to worry about at the moment.
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
We posted the big L, 72-60... I wish we could just fast-forward eight months.
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
At least in Hankinson's last year with 5 wins he had 3 Div. 1 wins. I think that may be a great goal to shoot for this year.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
First off, CCU won at Winthrop earlier this week so they obviously have game. But there's no question we are reeling right now. One more game to go on this roadie as we head to Charleston Southern Monday night. It would be great if we could steal one down there before we return home next week.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Somebody get me a brown bag with eye holes cut out
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It is like football never ended with this bunch.
By Guest
I listened to some of the game. Risher had a good game he I think he ended up w/ 17 or 19 points. If I had a penny for everytime I heard Jerry Edwards say " he missed his lay in", especially A. Smith. Going to be a long Feb.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Chanticleers Down Flames To Hand Liberty Sixth-Straight Conference Loss
January 28, 2006 · Conway, S.C.

The Chanticleers placed four out of five starters in double figures en route to a 72-60 Big South Conference victory, Saturday afternoon, at Kimbel Arena.

With the victory, Coastal Carolina raises its record to 10-9 on the year and evens its conference record at 4-4. The loss drops Liberty’s record to 4-15 on the year and 1-6 in league play and marks the Flames’ sixth-straight loss against a conference opponent which is the third longest conference losing streak in school history.

The contest was a back-and-forth battle over the first 13 minutes of play with neither team holding more than a four-point advantage during the opening stretch as a lay-up by Pele Paeley gave the Chanticleers a four-point lead, 17-13, with 11:56 left to play.

However, the Flames scored six-straight points on a pair of free throws and a jumper by Rell Porter (So., F, Pittsburg, Texas) and a lay-up by Russell Monroe (So., C, Alma, Mich.), giving Liberty a 19-17 lead at the 9:41 mark.

Coastal Carolina answered back as the Chanticleers put together their own 6-0 run and regained a four-point lead, 23-19, after a pair of Jack Leasure free throws at the 7:12 mark.

Liberty was able to cut the lead in half after Evan Risher (So., G, Fort Worth, Texas) nailed two free throws on the next possession, but that would be as close as Liberty would get during the rest of the half as the Chanticleers scored nine of the next 12 points to open up an eight-point lead, 32-24 on a pair of Moses Sonko free throws with 4:35 left before intermission.

The Chanticleers pushed their lead to as much as 10 points before the buzzer sound at the half with Coastal Carolina leading by nine, 39-30, at the break, thanks in part to 50.0 percent shooting from the field (12-of-24), while holding Liberty to just 36.4 percent from the field (8-of-22).

The Chanticleers slowly pushed their lead to double digits as Joseph Harris took a pass from Colin Stevens at the 16:11 mark to take a 45-34 lead. Coastal Carolina’s advantage continued to hover around double figures until Liberty put together a 9-1 run late in the second half and pulled within five points, 60-55, at the 5:02 mark on a Larry Blair (Jr., G, Charlotte, N.C.) three-pointer, but Coastal Carolina scored six straight to push its lead back to 11 points and to seal its fourth conference victory of the year.

Pele Paelay led Coastal Carolina’s four double-digit scores with 17 points, while Sonko followed with his second-straight double-double as the forward had 16 points and a game high 11 rebounds. Leasure added 13 points on three three-point field goals, while Harris scored 12 points and recorded nine rebounds with 10 points and five boards coming in the second half.

Blair posted his third-straight 20-point game as the junior scored 22 points on 7-of-18 shooting from the field and 7-of-9 shooting from the free throw line. Risher came off the bench to net a career-best 17 points on 5-of-8 shooting from the field, including 3-of-4 from three-point range and 4-of-6 from the free throw line, while adding a team-high three assists.

The Flames will close out a three-game road swing and five out of the last six on the road on Monday when they travel to Charleston, S.C. to face the Buccaneers of Charleston Southern. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. in the Buc Dome.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I missed the entire game, out cutting down a tree and then lighting it on fire with the help of my 6 yr old- BUT:

to be fair, we have been getting on these guys about the slow starts, but it appears they actually came out of the gate hot and actually played well for the majority of the first half.

Risher finally stepped up, too. Like SLY said, this CCU team is a pretty good team this year, and we have to acknowlege SOME positives here- little steps for a young team still learning.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
im not surprised. after watching winthrop beat chas. southern yesterday, we will have a tough time with the bucs, but if there was ever a possible victory, this could be the team!
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:Liberty 60 Final

Coastal Carolina 72

I can't find a box score, but obviously our offense is in trouble. The great thing about college basketball is, even though we blow we only have to win 3 in a row to have a successful season. How does the BSC do things, does the worst team not make it or does #1 get a bye? I guess that's what we have to worry about at the moment.
The 9th place team is left out...
Maine Black Bears Opening up 2025 Slate

That said, if we're going to continue playin[…]

Gay Marriage Discussion

Good point. There is no benefit of announcing my[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Lots of stuff on "X" indicating Augu[…]

Prayers please

In other news, pre-list inspection is done. Now ti[…]