Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ill flame
Tnobes wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 7:36 pm The committee could try to pull some shenanigans like ranking a one loss team ahead of us then when a 2 loss team beats the over ranked one loss team you jump them ahead of us because they beat a "ranked" team. How convenient how that works
I think if they intended to rank the AAC champ above us regardless of outcome SMU would be ranked too.
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 7:56 pm We shall see. Hopefully SMU barely wins and we are in
We're better than both these teams.

Some Penn State fans on X are already starting to talk about playing Liberty in NY6.
Liberty22 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Honestly, Liberty & SMU are both credible and deserving. The difference is razor thin either way. Tulane is not credible, judging by this game. SMU D has them cooked.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
You’re right.

I feel like LU would hang 50 on both these teams. Our OLine looked awfully good last night, feel like they’d be sufficient vs. SMU’s DLine - which admittedly looked really good, too.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:13 pm The annoying announcer keeps saying a SMU win and they deserve the NY6 because of liberty's "schedule". I grew up where winning mattered more than "good losses"
If one of your losses was to a P5 team that isn’t even in NY6 consideration, it’s not a good loss.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Love how they keep harping on our schedule because we played no P5 teams. Yeah, they played P5 schools but they all lost. Someone should enlighten them that both of their best wins was Memphis and the rest were losing teams. At least we beat 6 bowl eligible teams.
Last edited by ballah09 on December 2nd, 2023, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TH Spangler liked this
By Ill flame
It's not surprising how good SMUs defense is considering their DC. Looks like one more stop and we get our wish of SMU winning close. This season couldn't have worked out any better. I have no concerns about SMU getting in over us.
Liberty22 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:21 pm It's not surprising how good SMUs defense is considering their DC. Looks like one more stop and we get our wish of SMU winning close. This season couldn't have worked out any better. I have no concerns about SMU getting in over us.
I feel like we get in. But no concerns? Just the fact ita being discussed is cause enough for concern.
Liberty22 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Liberty is the new kid on the block. People like to see that. We'll get viewers big time. If this matters enough to the committee, and it should, then we're in.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
SMU does have a legit case. We'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed. But LU makes for the better game with the most intrigue.
JK37 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Tnobes wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:13 pm The annoying announcer keeps saying a SMU win and they deserve the NY6 because of liberty's "schedule". I grew up where winning mattered more than "good losses"
They are saying how the committee look at things. It's based on connections and favorites; AAC is the favored G5 or MWC. That's business for you.
By Ill flame
You can tell the bias from this broadcast when comparing Libertys resume to SMU. They only chose to highlight the two metrics where SMU has us beat... SOS and FPI.
Liberty22 liked this
By jmclaughlin
paradox wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:28 pm SMU does have a legit case. We'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed. But LU makes for the better game with the most intrigue.
It is all subjective but there is no case to be made that a good loss is better than a Win. SMUs good wins are not superior to Liberty’s wins

Losses are not > than Wins
By jmclaughlin
In addition, TCU is a big name but were terrible this year. OU was down as well.
Memphis and now Tulane are the only plus wins on the resume
TH Spangler liked this
By Ill flame
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:22 pm
Ill flame wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:21 pm It's not surprising how good SMUs defense is considering their DC. Looks like one more stop and we get our wish of SMU winning close. This season couldn't have worked out any better. I have no concerns about SMU getting in over us.
I feel like we get in. But no concerns? Just the fact ita being discussed is cause enough for concern.
Talking heads are paid to talk so that's what they're gonna do. That NY6 bid is ours.
By ECC29
This commentator contradicts himself. He believes Alabama does not deserve to be in CFP and Texas should because Texas beat Alabama. Even though Alabama has only 1 loss and beat the #1 GA, he does not believe the quality of opponent Alabama lost to in TX is good enough for Alabama to go to CFP. BUT, SMU’s “high” quality of opponents that they lose SHOULD count to help SMU go to the NY6 bowl.
JK37, jmclaughlin liked this
By rtb72
Tulane has not looked great tonight and SMU Defense was tough, but I don't think SMU's performance was shock-and-awe, so I am hopeful the show that LU put on last night with 700(+) yards and the arguments (the stats not necessarily HIS comments) made by HCJC are at least weighed into the conversation. I know CUSA has a reputation, but the SOS argument is past tired. Let's hope they get what they deserve, and I feel strongly it's a shot at an NY6.
By jmclaughlin
Welp….
We got everything we could have hoped for.
Our SOS is what it is but 13-0 can’t be any better than 13-0.
That has to be the A1 factor.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:34 pm
paradox wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:28 pm SMU does have a legit case. We'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed. But LU makes for the better game with the most intrigue.
It is all subjective but there is no case to be made that a good loss is better than a Win. SMUs good wins are not superior to Liberty’s wins

Losses are not > than Wins
SMU’s best win is Tulane
Liberty’s is…NMSU x2?
Tnobes liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Wow, that's kind of wild.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]