Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
bad news for the flames. hopefully the MRI will be negative.
Flames' defensive lineman injured

By Chris Lang
Lynchburg News & Advance
October 13, 2006

Liberty will likely be without top pass rusher Jason Horn when it faces William & Mary Saturday at Williams Stadium.

Horn was injured at the end of Wednesday's practice and didn't dress for Thursday's practice, instead walking the sidelines in a tee shirt and shorts with a large brace on his left leg.

LU head coach Danny Rocco wasn't sure of the extent of the injury and said he'd know more after Horn undergoes an MRI today. Rocco said Horn is doubtful for Saturday's game, and if Horn can't go, Tyler Turner will start in his place.

"We watched the film real close and I don't really know (what happened). I personally think that two guys banged knees. I don't know if that's truly what happened.

"We've got to move some people around. We've got some guys we can put in there. Obviously, we're going to miss Jason if he cannot play. There will be some decisions made here gametime as to his status."

Horn is tied for sixth nationally with five sacks and is tied for second on Liberty's team with 27 tackles. Horn immediately went for treatment after practice Thursday and was unavailable for comment
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
This loss would really hurt us. Hopefully if he's not able to play tomorrow, he will be able to the following weeks.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Is he definately out for sure? The article stated that it is probable that he could go but unlikely. That is the way I see it.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Correct Steve. But doubtful, in NFL terms, means there's a 75 percent chance a guy won't play. I was told yesterday that the leg looked a lot better Thursday than it did Wednesday, so there's still a chance he might play.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This could have a significant impact on the outcome of the game. Jason's pressure has allowed our DBs to contain opposing passing games (with the obvious exception of WF). Hopefully hes not only feelling well enough to play Saturday but to play up to his standards as well.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
word at the hockey game last night is that Jason is a "go"

we'll see in about 3 1/2 hrs
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Which is why I used "likely" out instead of "definitely" out ... that left some room for him to return. We'll obviously know more in a couple of hours here ...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LANG = see ya over at the tailgate?

we're leaving the room in a couple min and should be there by 1030

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Doesn't affect us at all, but our former Big South[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]