Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Since SJ is into starting debates, I thought I'd bring this one up. First, read Judges 11:29-40. This may be the saddest story to me in all the Bible.

Now, tell me - what is this supposed to teach us? Is the lesson to not make open vows to God, because you never know what the outcome may be?

How could God allow Jephthah to follow-through? Why not send an angel to stop him, as He did in Abraham's case?
By vastrightwinger
Registration Days Posts
Ha, this passage was part of my quiet time just this morning. The motives were different. I think (and really, this is just my opinion with no real backing) the difference between this siutation and Abraham is in Abrahams case, God was testing his faith. In the case of Jephthh, he made a deal with God in order to secure a victory, and he had to follow through with his end of the deal. Like I said, I don't have to much backing for that, it is just how I interpret the situations.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Wow, that's kind of wild.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]