This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18495&MID=108800
Liberty University’s Board of Trustees assembled on campus on Nov. 15 for its biannual board meeting, where nine new members were elected for three-year terms.

“Liberty University is a young university and is blessed to be served by what I call a ‘first generation’ Board of Trustees, many of whom were instrumental in founding the university,” said President Jerry Falwell, Jr. “I applaud the foresight and wisdom they displayed in November by appointing a new generation of board members, ensuring Liberty’s continuing commitment to its Christian foundations and ensuring an orderly transition to the next generation of leadership.”

Falwell said he appreciated the dedication of all the board members, many who traveled long distances to attend the meeting. Tim and Beverly LaHaye arrived from California and chairman Dr. Jerry Prevo traveled from Alaska.

Falwell also thanked the LaHayes and current board member, Sherwin Cook, for donating generously to facilities that have expanded recreational opportunities for students. The LaHayes donated money for the LaHaye Ice Center, which is used by Liberty’s five hockey teams and figure skating and synchronized skating teams, and by the community for skating leagues and public ice skating. Cook donated money for the Cook Tennis Center on campus and donated the Sports Racket, an indoor tennis and racquetball facility in Lynchburg.

The board currently consists of 41 pastors and business leaders from all over the country. They will reconvene in the spring.
Two quick things of note. 1. My pastor was selected (youngest BoT member ever!), that's cool. 2. That one dude lives in Tigerville, and that sounds like a place I'd want to live.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:None of us get the call in this round. It clearly was an oversight. HaHa
Actually I did get a call, and while I was flattered at being able to have arguably one of the best gigs in College Board of Trustees world, I had to turn it down due to other obligations. I had heard you were in the running, but they were concerned about your consumption of the devil's drink, aka Orange Kool-Aid :wink:
5 plus 7 model

Ian stated we are working on a neutral site game[…]

Prayers please

My neighborhood in Gambrills was great. Great fri[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't w[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]