Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
TH Spangler wrote: May 30th, 2024, 8:31 am
tyndal23 wrote: May 30th, 2024, 12:34 am
TH Spangler wrote: May 29th, 2024, 2:57 pm I could see us getting the top G5 (#12) and ND getting the highest ranked non-conf winner spot (#5).
Pretty good odds they get 5 spot ( they can’t get higher ) A&M week 1, FSU late, USC last week of season. Will depend on how those 3 teams do - could probably only lose week 1 and climb back to 5th with a 10 win or higher FSU and 10th or higher ranked USC - otherwise it will probably be MI/OSU loser or SEC runner up.

https://fbschedules.com/2024-notre-dame ... -schedule/
""If Liberty University secured the top Group of Five (G5) spot and Notre Dame achieved the highest rank among non-conference winners, they could potentially face each other in the College Football Playoffs.

For the 2024 season, Liberty University has been performing exceptionally well and is considered a favorite for the Conference USA crown again. If they continue to play at the level they did during their previous Fiesta Bowl run, they have a strong chance of reaching the College Football Playoff as the highest-ranked G5 team.

Notre Dame, being an independent school and not part of a conference, would need to be the highest-ranked team among those not winning a conference to secure a spot in the playoffs. The exact rankings and matchups would be determined by the College Football Playoff selection committee based on the teams’ performances throughout the season.

So, if both Liberty University and Notre Dame meet the respective criteria for their playoff spots, they could indeed be matched against each other in a playoff game, which would be an exciting and competitive encounter.""

#5 host #12 in first round
Chat GPT or an article ?
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: May 30th, 2024, 11:23 am Selection Committee is already working to insure ND is in playoffs. There's probably 3 pages of special rules for ND. What other school's AD is treated with same power as conference commissioners ?
They have a way to early preseason ranking of 5. If the chalk holds, and LU does its thing and the US hasn’t ended....should happen - actually just slightly better odds the 3rd factor happens and the first 2 don’t.
By jmclaughlin
tyndal23 wrote: May 30th, 2024, 11:56 am
ballcoach15 wrote: May 30th, 2024, 11:23 am Selection Committee is already working to insure ND is in playoffs. There's probably 3 pages of special rules for ND. What other school's AD is treated with same power as conference commissioners ?
They have a way to early preseason ranking of 5. If the chalk holds, and LU does its thing and the US hasn’t ended....should happen - actually just slightly better odds the 3rd factor happens and the first 2 don’t.
** Insert Love Emoji Here **
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:
I think of all the things... the US ending is the most likely.
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote: May 30th, 2024, 11:56 am
That part is usually forgotten or laughed about...until it happens :lol:
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 3:10 pm Ian stated we are working on a neutral site game...BYU in Vegas or will it be ND in Ireland ?
I would go to Ireland :D Passport ready!
By tyndal23
TH Spangler wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 4:14 pm
tyndal23 wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 3:10 pm Ian stated we are working on a neutral site game...BYU in Vegas or will it be ND in Ireland ?
I would go to Ireland :D
It makes sense for ND in 25. They have a neutral with WI in 26 @ Lambeau Field. What other P5 would we be discussing a neutral with. WSU / Or St - maybe but doubtful. Ireland makes sense as 23 was a huge success for ND / Navy - just seems pushing the envelope a bit for timeline - but doable.
TH Spangler liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
[rob lowe voice]I am LITERALLY in Dublin next week to get a lay of the land at both stadiums. [/rob lowe voice]

Uh, yeah. That is an NBC games so it is not likely happening. Neutral site games are becoming very common these days. We have quite a few here in these parts. I think the odds are bettter that we are scheduling an academy or BYU in either California or Texas.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 6:12 pm [rob lowe voice]I am LITERALLY in Dublin next week to get a lay of the land at both stadiums. [/rob lowe voice]

Uh, yeah. That is an NBC games so it is not likely happening. Neutral site games are becoming very common these days. We have quite a few here in these parts. I think the odds are bettter that we are scheduling an academy or BYU in either California or Texas.
Can we not play on NBC due to a contract?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 6:12 pm [rob lowe voice]I am LITERALLY in Dublin next week to get a lay of the land at both stadiums. [/rob lowe voice]

Get a picture in front of 10 Cedarwood Rd for me!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It could happen, Haize. A selfie in front of Moydrum is already on the itinerary.

We are not barred from NBC. But for national games we don't bring much to the table at this stage. I recognize that Navy isn't a big brand either. But they are Navy.
By tyndal23
Process of elimination...

Why is ND left with 2 games to schedule this late ? Neutral for LU would only be in Ireland, and no clue why it would be put together last minute, but if ND wanted to play in Ireland last minute, we are one of the few who could.
https://fbschedules.com/2025-notre-dame ... -schedule/

https://fbschedules.com/2025-byu-football-schedule/
Need a game, no reason we wouldn’t travel to BYU, unless BYU wanted a game in Dallas ( recruiting - TCU comes to Provo and only game in TX is Tech ) or Vegas which seems odd on the surface for both schools.

Sly Fox - IF Chadwell agreed to let Ian schedule a service academy...then I have an issue, but here is the list.

Army - full schedule
Navy - full schedule
Air Force - full schedule
- so unless a contract is getting broke .... I highly doubt.

https://fbschedules.com/2025-baylor-football-schedule/

Need 1 more, but makes no sense for a neutral site.

Washington State
If my math is right - full schedule with 7 MW games ( if my memory is correct - and btw - how are they not playing Oregon St. ?
https://fbschedules.com/2025-washington ... -schedule/

Oregon State
Either they have an extra game scheduled or they are playing a double header 8/31.

https://fbschedules.com/2025-oregon-sta ... -schedule/

SMU - not sure why we wouldn’t play at their place, only neutral would be Jerry World and due to stadium construction or SMU arrogance ( pretty sure they should have construction completed for 2024 start of season )

https://fbschedules.com/2025-smu-football-schedule/

Stanford ( Vegas maybe after their trip to Hawaii )
https://fbschedules.com/2025-smu-football-schedule/

After that...I figured road trips to NW made sense for us ( lakeside at a small venue while they renovate )

Neutral site with a G5 makes no sense unless a west coast SDSU or Boise type ( full schedule ) “let’s meet in the middle” - but that seems like a lose / lose for both financially.

Too tired to run the 2026 schedules...
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up that we're playing a Notre Dame in Ireland. I hope it is, but that is highly unlikely.

It's likely a local G5 we already have a home and home with and aren't able to add another home and home so we're doing a one off game at a neutral site. Think App State in Charlotte. Realistic best case scenario would be like a G5 showcase in Week 0 on ESPN against a top G5 like Memphis or Tulane.

Also, the game we are looking to fill is the UMass in 27 game.
aredd33 liked this
By tyndal23
A Sea of Red wrote: June 4th, 2024, 7:18 am I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up that we're playing a Notre Dame in Ireland. I hope it is, but that is highly unlikely.

It's likely a local G5 we already have a home and home with and aren't able to add another home and home so we're doing a one off game at a neutral site. Think App State in Charlotte. Realistic best case scenario would be like a G5 showcase in Week 0 on ESPN against a top G5 like Memphis or Tulane.

Also, the game we are looking to fill is the UMass in 27 game.
Ireland - ( no 2026 game announced - yet )
https://collegefootballireland.com/

So 25 and 26 - we have 4 games scheduled just not announced ? ( looking at UMASS schedule - and Ian’s relationship - wonder if he offered to take their BC game off their plate - they have a nasty 25 schedule )
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/umass

25 at BC
26 BC in Ireland - book it - :)
New Uniforms

I admit finding this phenomenon of script letting […]

Wow, even Doc still gets a decent NIL deal. Nice!

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Totally agree with the last statement. To expe[…]

If you want a chuckle

Tom Cruise? More like The Skipper