The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 20th, 2024, 11:25 pm
ECC29 wrote: May 20th, 2024, 12:30 pm I have been in this game and involved in this game much more than you ever dreamed of.
Oh, please do tell me more about my dreams. :roll:

And, I only made two assumptions.
I personally want to be know where near your dreams :D
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Can Escobar fly a 747? Asking for a friend.
aredd33, thepostman liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: May 21st, 2024, 10:47 am Can Escobar fly a 747? Asking for a friend.
A 747 maybe.

THE 747 unlikely.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Over breakfast at Hardees with the Old Men's Club yesterday, Ballcoach coached me up on who should have been pitching the 7th inning for us! :oldhag
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Georgia Coach:

"Hats off to Liberty. The competitor in their team showed up and they were certainly a worthy opponent. And Elena [Escobar], the way that she bounced back in that second game was as good as anybody we've seen. I mean, we've faced them all. Maybe there's one or two out there that we haven't seen, but it seems like we've seen all the top ones out there, and she was as good today at executing her pitches, and the spin, and the change in speeds was really good."
flamehunter, ballcoach15, TH Spangler and 1 others liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar did a good job of it in the last game. That's something that we need to do more of, regardless of who's in the circle. (and throw the off speed stuff for strikes, either swinging or looking)
By Dalegarz1
I agree that changing speeds is critical. Unless she is a flamethrower, every pitcher needs to be able to throw 3 speeds-the hard stuff, the change and the in between speed. In addition, I would add one more MUST that can be controlled by the dugout as they chart the pitches. Don’t become predictable! Sounds like an easy recipe for success but the fly in the ointment is control. So in a nutshell here is the approach that IMHO will lead to a highly successful pitcher. Three different speeds (with movement and location), excellent control and unpredictability! That’s the cake and the icing would be a “heart of a lion”!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 2:27 pm Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar did a good job of it in the last game. That's something that we need to do more of, regardless of who's in the circle. (and throw the off speed stuff for strikes, either swinging or looking)
Escobar has been the only one on the staff who can consistently throw the change for a strike. 3 or 4 Ks of the 10 Ks against Georgia were on the change.
ballcoach15 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

https://x.com/thevivafrei/status/1801347846974661[…]

Prayers please

Insurance Fires are still a thing… Yes[…]

2024 Season Thread

https://risewithus5.blogspot.com/2024/06/were-now-[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

It's just funny to me that a bunch of our most[…]