This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
The reported Final 4 list of candidates for VP has been disputed by Trump's campaign, and vehemently so. If I had my choice, I'd take Tulsi Gabbard over any of the four that were on that list. She's smart and well-spoken, a libertarian, a former democrat, knows government's size needs to be reduced and she single-handedly ended Kamala Harris' campaign for President a few years ago.

Also, why is everyone anti-Bob Good? I don't much like him personally, but he's America First, tried to keep McCarthy beholden to his deal he made to become House Speaker and he had the nerve to buck the system and endorse DeSantis.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 11:35 am The reported Final 4 list of candidates for VP has been disputed by Trump's campaign, and vehemently so. If I had my choice, I'd take Tulsi Gabbard over any of the four that were on that list. She's smart and well-spoken, a libertarian, a former democrat, knows government's size needs to be reduced and she single-handedly ended Kamala Harris' campaign for President a few years ago.

Also, why is everyone anti-Bob Good? I don't much like him personally, but he's America First, tried to keep McCarthy beholden to his deal he made to become House Speaker and he had the nerve to buck the system and endorse DeSantis.
I like Tulsi Gabbard a lot, but in my opinion Scott is a better choice. He's been on the conservative team since day 1. He would stand strong against the democrats identity politics. You know thats coming :roll: .

I don't live in the VA 5th so have no vote. But because Good is a Liberty guy I read up on it. I don't see much difference in Good and McGuire. Both are very conservative on all issues.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, who are the other 3 on this "list"? Tim Scott is too wishy-washy for my taste, and his "enthusiasm" does not come across as genuine. Senate? Sure. VP? I pass.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
The last time Trump was in office, he shut down the country for COVID and turned everything over to "the science" (Fauci et al). It all turned out to be quite the farce, but he still thinks he did a great job supporting policies that kept healthy people and kids locked up in their homes for months. He also grew the national debt like crazy. If he's going to be in there, I want someone with a more libertarian mindset that will help the cause of freedom and limited government. The latter expanded quite a bit under Trump's watch and the seeds of the inflation we're now paying for were sown in the deficit spending that occurred during his first term.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 1:02 pm The last time Trump was in office, he shut down the country for COVID and turned everything over to "the science" (Fauci et al). It all turned out to be quite the farce, but he still thinks he did a great job supporting policies that kept healthy people and kids locked up in their homes for months. He also grew the national debt like crazy. If he's going to be in there, I want someone with a more libertarian mindset that will help the cause of freedom and limited government. The latter expanded quite a bit under Trump's watch and the seeds of the inflation we're now paying for were sown in the deficit spending that occurred during his first term.
He left the lock downs up to each state. And warned them throughtout to not let the cure ... destroy our economy and be worse than the virus. And the democrats trashed him for it. We're all wiser post covid. The best thing he did pre covid, was to required two government regulations removed for every new one added. And made us energy independent. The world was a more orderly place that way.

Short list being reported, JD Vance, R-Ohio, North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 1:29 pm
Humble_Opinion wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 1:02 pm The last time Trump was in office, he shut down the country for COVID and turned everything over to "the science" (Fauci et al). It all turned out to be quite the farce, but he still thinks he did a great job supporting policies that kept healthy people and kids locked up in their homes for months. He also grew the national debt like crazy. If he's going to be in there, I want someone with a more libertarian mindset that will help the cause of freedom and limited government. The latter expanded quite a bit under Trump's watch and the seeds of the inflation we're now paying for were sown in the deficit spending that occurred during his first term.
He left the lock downs up to each state. And warned them throughtout to not let the cure ... destroy our economy and be worse than the virus. And the democrats trashed him for it. We're all wiser post covid. The best thing he did pre covid, was to required two government regulations removed for every new one added. And made us energy independent. The world was a more orderly place that way.

Short list being reported, JD Vance, R-Ohio, North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.
Per Bloomberg.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Unless Trump is suddenly a NY resident again, I think we can rule out Floridians like Marco Rubio and Byron Donalds. See, Constitution of the United State of America, Amendment 12
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 5:44 pm Unless Trump is suddenly a NY resident again, I think we can rule out Floridians like Marco Rubio and Byron Donalds. See, Constitution of the United State of America, Amendment 12
Correct. But if he really wanted Rubio, it wouldn’t be all that hard for him to change his residency. That’s an antiquated rule from a time gone by.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 8:00 pm
ATrain wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 5:44 pm Unless Trump is suddenly a NY resident again, I think we can rule out Floridians like Marco Rubio and Byron Donalds. See, Constitution of the United State of America, Amendment 12
Correct. But if he really wanted Rubio, it wouldn’t be all that hard for him to change his residency. That’s an antiquated rule from a time gone by.
Might be antiquated, but its still in the Constitution. Although I doubt Trump is going to pick "Little Marco," as he brings nothing to the table. JD Vance would be interesting, Tulsi Gabbard and I may vote for Trump. However, someone from Wisconsin or Michigan may be a better bet.
JK37 liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: He left the lock downs up to each state. And warned them throughtout to not let the cure ... destroy our economy and be worse than the virus. And the democrats trashed him for it. We're all wiser post covid. The best thing he did pre covid, was to required two government regulations removed for every new one added. And made us energy independent. The world was a more orderly place that way.

He left the lockdowns up to each state because he knew he didn't have the authority to shutdown the country without declaring martial law. He paid lip service to not letting the virus destroy the economy, but acted and regularly said things that were the opposite. When FL and GA started the process to re-open their states, realizing how duped we had been Trump was in lockstep with Fauci in his criticism - and he did it in typical Trump fashion... harshly. When COVID shot mandates were getting thrown up all across the board he was nowhere to be seen. Why? Because he's beholden to the COVID industry. That together with rampant government spending (even pre-COVID), plus no real progress made on the border wall were the separating positions between him and DeSantis for me. I'll likely vote Trump again, but in all honesty I have no idea what's going to occur in the leadup to the election. If you're following it somewhat closely and have seen the latest clips from Biden, it's clear his physical condition has deteriorated and he is no longer fit to serve, much less run for president. We're 6.5 months away from the election... what's the Democrats plan? None of the party elite are frantic or panicky, which seems odd to me and makes me think there's something in store between now and election day. We'll see.

Trump just came out himself and poo-poo'd the VP shortlist btw.
thepostman liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
No other demcrates with name recognition are tossing their hat in the ring because there are to many whistle blowers popping up. They might be afraid of something. Its hard to believe they'll run someone they don't even like.
Athens Regional

I'm watching but even when doing well, softball ra[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Looks like both Jaylen Davis and Ben Southerland a[…]

2025 Recruiting Discussion

Now that we have the current roster finalized, by […]

Future Schedules.... Again

Did Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Qatar join the […]