The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hokies come to Liberty Wednesday. Both teams coming off an upset loss yesterday.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Have to take 1-2 of these last 4 to have a shot at an at-large bid if we don't take the championship being played at NMSU.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: April 29th, 2024, 10:48 am Have to take 1-2 of these last 4 to have a shot at an at-large bid if we don't take the championship being played at NMSU.
Our RPI fell 4 spots to #39. (VT is #20 and LSU #3).
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Kinda wild conference play is done, but still four games left, all vs. ranked opponents and a three-game set vs. the #6 team in the country?

Does any coach at LU challenge their team more than Dot? Wow!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 29th, 2024, 2:48 pm Kinda wild conference play is done, but still four games left, all vs. ranked opponents and a three-game set vs. the #6 team in the country?

No
By Baybird
ballcoach15 wrote: April 30th, 2024, 7:13 am
JK37 wrote: April 29th, 2024, 2:48 pm Kinda wild conference play is done, but still four games left, all vs. ranked opponents and a three-game set vs. the #6 team in the country?

No
There is no doubt Dot is able to put together a tough schedule, but I believe you could make a case for Nikki Parsley-Blocker or even Jeff Thomas as well. Of course, in the $ sports, the problem is not with the coach but with the lack of opportunities afforded to LU to get teams on the schedule.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
[/quote]

No
[/quote]

but with the lack of opportunities afforded to LU to get teams on the schedule.
[/quote]

Can you elaborate on this ?
By Baybird
The football team and basketball teams would like to "challenge" their teams with tougher opponents; however, those teams will not play LU in those sports. There is just a whole lot more at stake to lose to LU in $ sports. I'm excited that we get some of the best in the country to play (and play in Lynchburg) in softball, baseball, field hockey, lacrosse, and tennis teams, but the coach's hands are a bit tied when scheduling other sports.
Purple Haize, ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Baybird wrote: April 30th, 2024, 9:31 am The football team and basketball teams would like to "challenge" their teams with tougher opponents; however, those teams will not play LU in those sports. There is just a whole lot more at stake to lose to LU in $ sports. I'm excited that we get some of the best in the country to play (and play in Lynchburg) in softball, baseball, field hockey, lacrosse, and tennis teams, but the coach's hands are a bit tied when scheduling other sports.
We also forget, Dr. Dot Richardson's name is HUGE in the softball world. All she has to do is pick up the phone and she can get anyone on the schedule.
olldflame, Baybird liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 9:48 am
Baybird wrote: April 30th, 2024, 9:31 am The football team and basketball teams would like to "challenge" their teams with tougher opponents; however, those teams will not play LU in those sports. There is just a whole lot more at stake to lose to LU in $ sports. I'm excited that we get some of the best in the country to play (and play in Lynchburg) in softball, baseball, field hockey, lacrosse, and tennis teams, but the coach's hands are a bit tied when scheduling other sports.
We also forget, Dr. Dot Richardson's name is HUGE in the softball world. All she has to do is pick up the phone and she can get anyone on the schedule.
Fact :nod
Future Schedules.... Again

One day, our fans will learn to appreciate the i[…]

Athens Regional

I don’t know how to take that!

NCAA Realignment Megathread

In the FCS world, Richmond is moving their footb[…]

Prayers please

Congrats. What happens next? Finding a fe[…]