This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
New York Times/Sienna poll showing Biden leading Trump in New York by 10 points, where Biden won by 23 last time. If it is half right, Biden is in trouble.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Oh. You were serious.

I see a lot of chatter from Texas democrats thinking they can turn Texas blue. Which is equally as absurd.

There are plenty of states that Biden won in 2020 that Trump has a solid chance in winning. New York isn't close to being one of those.
ATrain, JK37 liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 26th, 2024, 7:05 am
JK37 wrote: April 26th, 2024, 4:50 am You think NY is winnable for Trump?!
Has a chance. Zeldin just got 47%. Reagan, 1984 got 53.84% to beat Mondale with 45.83%. Mondale was a better choice then than Biden is now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Un ... n_New_York
And Reagan was a much better choice than Trump. Much, much better.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: April 26th, 2024, 9:50 am
Has a chance. Zeldin just got 47%. Reagan, 1984 got 53.84% to beat Mondale with 45.83%. Mondale was a better choice then than Biden is now.

True. But Reagan never received the % of minority and union member interest Trump is getting. 2% more black vote swings things wildly. And he's getting triple that. Unfortunately, I suspect the democrats will nearly start a race war to counter it. Sure hope not. :(
By jmclaughlin
The Race War (Caste system) began full implementation in 2009 and has only accelerated under Biden, who is the lifeless puppet of the Obama regime. Ice Cream is a powerful weapon, when used properly.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hockey-sticks than Trump does of flipping New York. HOWEVER, IF (note the big if) Biden is only leading up there by 10 points, then a whole lot of states are going to flip red in November. I don't think it'll be a big landslide, but if the election were held today, I do think Trump flips Georgia, Wisconsin, and Michigan to win the presidency.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: April 26th, 2024, 9:50 am

I was watching a doc about Reagan the other night. I had forgotten just how unliked he was early in his first term. Approval ratings were horrid.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: April 26th, 2024, 10:29 pm A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hockey-sticks than Trump does of flipping New York. HOWEVER, IF (note the big if) Biden is only leading up there by 10 points, then a whole lot of states are going to flip red in November. I don't think it'll be a big landslide, but if the election were held today, I do think Trump flips Georgia, Wisconsin, and Michigan to win the presidency.
The last 2 elections were decided by very small margins in a few States. I suspect we will see that again
ATrain liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
If there is a debate, it probably should be between Trump and Harris. Or Trump and whomever is in charge now. The easter bunny maybe? :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 27th, 2024, 1:37 pm If there is a debate, it probably should be between Trump and Harris. Or Trump and whomever is in charge now. The easter bunny maybe? :lol:
Obama would crush Trump in a debate. Be careful what you wish for
jmclaughlin liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 27th, 2024, 2:10 pm
TH Spangler wrote: April 27th, 2024, 1:37 pm If there is a debate, it probably should be between Trump and Harris. Or Trump and whomever is in charge now. The easter bunny maybe? :lol:
Obama would crush Trump in a debate. Be careful what you wish for
:lol: Was that Obama in the bunny costume?

With all the whistle blowers coming out, I don't think the democrats have anyone willing to replace Biden. A lot of rinos retiring for the same reason.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: April 27th, 2024, 10:25 am Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.
I’m a Reagan guy, but you and I both know that had as much to do or more with his opponent.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 27th, 2024, 1:01 pm
ATrain wrote: April 26th, 2024, 10:29 pm A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hockey-sticks than Trump does of flipping New York. HOWEVER, IF (note the big if) Biden is only leading up there by 10 points, then a whole lot of states are going to flip red in November. I don't think it'll be a big landslide, but if the election were held today, I do think Trump flips Georgia, Wisconsin, and Michigan to win the presidency.
The last 2 elections were decided by very small margins in a few States. I suspect we will see that again
I agree. I just don’t think NY will be one of them.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 27th, 2024, 8:12 pm
New York will still go Blue but that margin will be smaller than the historical norm. Same thing with Texas for Republicans
ATrain, thepostman liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 27th, 2024, 9:34 pm
JK37 wrote: April 27th, 2024, 8:12 pm

New York will still go Blue but that margin will be smaller than the historical norm. Same thing with Texas for Republicans
Texas maybe smaller margins, but I think Donald Trump will win by a wider margin than Ted Cruz.
thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The swing states will decide the election just like they always do. Polling is favorable for Trump in nearly all of them. Democrats could end up kicking themselves for not forcing Biden's hand a bit more so a younger, stronger candidate could be the nominee. Or it's April and none of the polling really matters at this stage.

Trump isn't a strong candidate either but recency bias is hurting Biden.

Personally I can't wait until 2028 and a Biden/Trump free election cycle.
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 28th, 2024, 10:15 am The swing states will decide the election just like they always do. Polling is favorable for Trump in nearly all of them. Democrats could end up kicking themselves for not forcing Biden's hand a bit more so a younger, stronger candidate could be the nominee. Or it's April and none of the polling really matters at this stage.

I'm just hoping to be able to vote for someone who is actually worthy of representing VA's 5th district in 2026.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: April 28th, 2024, 10:47 am
thepostman wrote: April 28th, 2024, 10:15 am The swing states will decide the election just like they always do. Polling is favorable for Trump in nearly all of them. Democrats could end up kicking themselves for not forcing Biden's hand a bit more so a younger, stronger candidate could be the nominee. Or it's April and none of the polling really matters at this stage.

I'm just hoping to be able to vote for someone who is actually worthy of representing VA's 5th district in 2026.
I will again vote for whoever is running against our current Representative.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

That’s where I am at. I was hoping that we’d have another candidate in the Republican column but here we are. I still believe that he’s unfortunately better then the other candidate so again….here we are
jmclaughlin liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 28th, 2024, 12:10 pm
ATrain wrote: April 28th, 2024, 10:47 am

I will again vote for whoever is running against our current Representative.
I plan to do so on June 18, and again in November if necessary.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 30th, 2022, 11:01 am I'm hoping Tim Scott gets the VP call. A solid conservative black American that loves America. He has vision, did a great job on creating enterprise zones and working on sensible police reform.
Tim Scott for VP might happen. He's in Trumps final 4.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Yeah Reese Smith I think? There was another guy wh[…]

LSU

Just win 1

NMSU

Steenbergen was slated to be a starter was out all[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

No other demcrates with name recognition are tough[…]