If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
Ill flame wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 12:08 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 7:45 pm
Ill flame wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 7:24 pm

The P5 is officially dead. Welcome to the P4 era.
More steps to leave the G5 behind. Oh well.
How does the death of a conference on the west coast create more steps for us?
I'm referring to the P4, specifically the P2. It doesn't create more steps for us , hence the "oh well."
By tyndal23
If ACC is left with 3 or 4 or completely dismantled and WF,Syracuse,BC are left in the cold...would create some interesting scenarios.

I could see Cuse as football only. Add UConn as football only ( Big 12 takes both their hoops )

ECU, USF, Memphis,

LU/JMU based on budgets - recent success, geography for travel

GA State, Charlotte, ( tv markets if networks still cling to that notion )

Maybe a UAB, App St. for numbers.

Anyway, seems like could create a Conference better than American currently has with a smaller geographical footprint. Would probably be a streaming deal that pays more than any G5 but less than P3.

Wonder if any AD’s are talking about “ what if” scenarios along these lines yet. Man I would hate to be an AD for bottom half of ACC right now...if Ian were to spearhead talks, might give LU better shot at a seat.

Probably been discussed on here, but too lazy to search it. Of course would have to be included in G5 /6 playoff berth ( legal wrangling and current G5 would probably fight it ).
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: May 1st, 2024, 3:33 pm If ACC is left with 3 or 4 or completely dismantled and WF,Syracuse,BC are left in the cold...would create some interesting scenarios.

I could see Cuse as football only. Add UConn as football only ( Big 12 takes both their hoops )

ECU, USF, Memphis,

Anyway, seems like could create a Conference better than American currently has with a smaller geographical footprint. Would probably be a streaming deal that pays more than any G5 but less than P3.

Wonder if any AD’s are talking about “ what if” scenarios along these lines yet. Man I would hate to be an AD for bottom half of ACC right now...if Ian were to spearhead talks, might give LU better shot at a seat.

Probably been discussed on here, but too lazy to search it. Of course would have to be included in G5 /6 playoff berth ( legal wrangling and current G5 would probably fight it ).
I'm not sure there'll be a P3. Its going to be the P2 (SEC + B1G) > Big 12 > The rest. Maybe the ACC and another conference can find a niche between the Big 12 and The Rest, but this is the way its going right now.
By tyndal23
ATrain wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 9:01 am
tyndal23 wrote: May 1st, 2024, 3:33 pm If ACC is left with 3 or 4 or completely dismantled and WF,Syracuse,BC are left in the cold...would create some interesting scenarios.

ECU, USF, Memphis,

I'm not sure there'll be a P3. Its going to be the P2 (SEC + B1G) > Big 12 > The rest. Maybe the ACC and another conference can find a niche between the Big 12 and The Rest, but this is the way its going right now.
There will be the top 2 and as long as they get their share of playoff teams and $ - they won’t care what anyone else calls themselves. Nor will they care how many playoff teams are allowed if they get first round byes for their top seeds and home playoff games for their lower tier - the question will be can the Rest get to a guaranty conference champ playoff spot and what does that mean in terms of $ - right now it doesn’t mean much other than exposure. 16 team playoff minimum gets that model. With opt outs making bowls pretty much worthless - I see the playoff expansion happening soon with each conference champ getting a token first round spot OR G5 does its own classification and playoff ( the new FCS ). I really don’t care which way it goes - just that LU puts the commitment in to either have a shot at winning a playoff game OR being in title hunt if G5 reclassifies. ( the first option probably costs a lot more than the last ).
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 12:04 pm I really don’t care which way it goes - just that LU puts the commitment in to either have a shot at winning a playoff game OR being in title hunt if G5 reclassifies. ( the first option probably costs a lot more than the last ).
And don't let a potential future match up with ND slip out of reach.
By Ill flame

Things are about to get very expensive for big time college sports and schools are about to cut teams left and right. A sliver of good news in all of this is the expansion of scholarships could be huge for college baseball.
Election 2022 and 2024

The reported Final 4 list of candidates for VP h[…]

I think the online strategy has proven to ha[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

After a rough 0-3 start I’ve battled back to[…]

Liberty Campus "protest"

Now this is what a college experience should be.