The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NMSU is tied for 2nd place with WKU at 10-5. (LU is 15-3). A liberty sweep will eliminate NMSU from regular season title race.
thesportscritic, ATrain liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a half earlier. But we'll take the 10th inning walk-off and rack it into the win column just the same.
Edit to add: Rachel Roupe with not one, but two down to the last out game tying home runs, was incredible. Let's hope this helps get the bats going.
Baybird, ballcoach15 liked this
By ECC29
Good win. However, this team is relying on one or two players with hitting to win games. Pitching is overall pretty good. If pitching should fail in a game, this team will be in trouble. They only had 8 hits in 10 innings of play.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Dot said their 1st 4 hitters, who are batting .436, .393, .379, and .374, and combined for 33 HRs "saw a lot of pitches" and she wanted them to get a new look in the circle??!! Yoder gives up a ton of HRs, so . . . Nice she came back in the 10th to secure the win.
ballcoach15 liked this
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Yoder pitched the first 2 innings then came back for the last innings. It was interesting she got pulled early but doesn't appear to be injury related as she returned to the game.

NMSU is a very good team. They have a ton of speed, power and really good hitters. It will be a tough series.
flamehunter, Baybird liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Big win, but we should have won it in 7 innings. We "ran into" a couple of outs on the base paths. A couple of really bad at-bats, and giving a NMSU hitter too good of a pitch with 2-0 count, in 7th inning, that she hit for a HR. I though we should have pitched around her.
Sidebar : when attempting to bunt, we need to square up, and lay off high pitches. In a bunting situation, set on pitch that is down, if it's high let it go by.
thesportscritic liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Final NMSU 6 Liberty 2. Pitching was good enough to win. NMS had 5 hits, but 2 were HRs. We only had 4 hits. Left bases loaded in bottom of 7th.
Too many pop-ups and ground outs. :dontgetit
I believe line-up change is needed at 3 positions.
thesportscritic, ECC29 liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Spearman single-handedly beat us. Best pitcher and hitter in NMSU lineup. I predict, as a freshman, she will be CPOY.

From NMSU website: Named MaxPreps All-American... named El Paso Times All-City Player of the Year... played at Hanks High School in El Paso, Texas, where she was named a finalist for MaxPreps' National Softball Player of the Year [/b]after leading the nation in home runs with 30... as a senior Spearman logged an eye-popping .688 batting average while recording 75 hits and 69 RBIs... additionally, she managed a 1.38 ERA through 147.2 innings of work while making 31 appearances and finishing with a record of 20-1 in her final season... in total, Spearman shined at the varsity level for Hanks for four years and finished with a 40-5 record as a pitcher and a .630 batting average at the plate.... Spearman's high school career included 203 RBIs on 218 hits, including 80 home runs in 120 games played.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We need to pitch her like NMS pitched Roupe today. Walk her. I believe one of her HRs got out of the park so quick, our outfielder didn't have time to look up. She has a good, quick swing.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 20th, 2024, 8:37 pm We need to pitch her like NMS pitched Roupe today. Walk her. I believe one of her HRs got out of the park so quick, our outfielder didn't have time to look up. She has a good, quick swing.
Cleared the netting and went on to the street, easily 300 feet.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 4 NMS 3. Roberts 2 run homer. Kersten pinch hit RBI single in bottom of 6th, following a double by Jesse. for go ahead run. Madrey making diving catch in Top of 7th in LF, and doubled runner off 1B for game ending DP. Escobar complete game win. We're now in driver's seat for regular season.
thesportscritic, ATrain, flamehunter and 1 others liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 21st, 2024, 1:32 pm Liberty 4 NMS 3. Roberts 2 run homer. Kersten pinch hit RBI single in bottom of 6th, following a double by Jesse. for go ahead run. Madrey making diving catch in Top of 7th in LF, and doubled runner off 1B for game ending DP. Escobar complete game win. We're now in driver's seat for regular season.
So, did Dot make 3 changes to the lineup?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung bats much better today. A strong wind blowing in front CF, probably cost us 3 home runs.

It was good to see President Costin at the game. He was there for all 7 innings. I never saw Prevo at a game.
Cider Jim, ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Series win is always a good thing!
By ECC29
ballcoach15 wrote: April 21st, 2024, 2:42 pm 1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung bats much better today. A strong wind blowing in front CF, probably cost us 3 home runs.

It was good to see President Costin at the game. He was there for all 7 innings. I never saw Prevo at a game.
I just watched the replay of the game. I’m sorry I disagree with you about the hitting. We only had 6 hits and a lot of weak hits from pitches in the middle of the strike zone. Pitching was good. Their strongest area. A win is a win.
thesportscritic liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

If ACC is left with 3 or 4 or completely disma[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

OK, so the latest from ASOR says that Smith is com[…]

NFL’s trading rules, salary cap, and prof[…]

Virginia Tech

The football team and basketball teams would l[…]