Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By sstaedtler
The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could not be more different, and that makes it a great rivalry.

JMU is a party school that has most students come from in state. It's a public university. Liberty is a private university, not at all a party school, and most students come from out of state. Ideologically, both schools are quite different. Makes for a bitter, good rivalry.
badger74, Sly Fox, LUOrange and 1 others liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Agree with all but one thing: the rivalry would be stronger if most LU students were from in state… but JMU makes the strongest case for a natural, organic rival..
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 9:31 pm Agree with all but one thing: the rivalry would be stronger if most LU students were from in state… but JMU makes the strongest case for a natural, organic rival..
Need to play it week 13. Rivalry weekend.
LUOrange, alabama24 liked this
By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: April 5th, 2024, 10:53 am Sounds like you are all in on NM State.
They were in the making to be a great conference rival, then Jerry Kill left and took Peeing Pavia with him. I guess it'll have to be the WKU Red Gum Drops in CUSA.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 5th, 2024, 10:27 am If we need a rival, we need to look farther than JMU.
I may be missing something, but it looks to me like you are out there on an island all by yourself on this one.

Just in case I'm wrong................... anyone agree with ballcoach that we should not play JMU? If so, please explain why.
LUOrange, ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: April 5th, 2024, 10:53 am Sounds like you are all in on NM State.
Truth be known, NM State is probably our biggest ( and only rival) since moving to FBS.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I do. (That also goes for UVA, Notre Dame and Ohio State football). I wish all 4 would go a combined 0-48 each season.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]