Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 5th, 2024, 10:15 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 5th, 2024, 10:09 pm Does this mean KS is a Christian again?

Asking for a friend
@Tnobes be losing his $hit now! And I’m here for it!! :shock:

Cmon, @Tnobes how you gonna square this circle? :lol:
I predict a Prodigal Son attempt. But that could be a stretch.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 6th, 2024, 12:06 am That Pop Tart Bowl gimmick was legit!
That and the Mayo Bowl absolutely capitalize on the gimmicky nature of their Bowls. I love it!
thepostman liked this
By jmclaughlin
BIG
It’s easy to think that a player can be replaced but retaining a QB that is highly sought that already knows the system is bigger than attracting any one else available.
Culture wins!
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Why is he hating on Pop Tarts? Brown sugar cinnamons extra toasted are one step below Manna
+1000. Lightly toasted w/ a little butter on top. Those pop tarts melt in your mouth.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 6th, 2024, 8:53 am
Purple Haize wrote:Why is he hating on Pop Tarts? Brown sugar cinnamons extra toasted are one step below Manna
+1000. Lightly toasted w/ a little butter on top. Those pop tarts melt in your mouth.
Pop tarts with butter? Just roll me into the cardiac ward while I’m eating.
Liberty22 liked this
By Baybird
OK, here's my conspiracy theoryesque take on some of what's going on LU Twitter feed. My thoughts stem from an article in The Athletic https://theathletic.com/5175508/2024/01 ... directed=1

It's an article summarizing interviews with some of the best high school football players who were at the Under Armour All-America Game. The players were given anonymity as they shared thoughts on topics like the NIL, coaches, rules they would like to see changed, as well as some other questions including, "Did you partake in any trolling of fan bases with comments on social media for your personal enjoyment?"

Here are some of their answers:
• A little bit. I’d put out photos of myself at a school I wasn’t visiting just to see what people might say. There were times I’d put out like statements — like you’d do if you were decommitting — to scare people. You just need to have fun sometimes.
• I loved messing with fan bases. I did that to the school I almost signed with.
• Me and one of my high school teammates would send out certain hashtags and emojis to get fan bases from other teams on social media riled up. It was more about being bored and wanting to do something to see how people might react.
• I dropped a top 10 when I was really only looking at four or five schools. I did it for the followers. I got like 231,000 views for it and picked up followers.
• Every day. To get my followers up? Every day. Gosh. All the emojis, all the question marks, “Is this home?” I was getting all my committed friends to send me messages just so I could reply and be like, “Should I come here?” Follow me up. Follow me up. Follow me up.

So, immediately that made me think of Brylan Green who's having a little fun on Social media, but then (here's the conspiracy part!), I got questioning how Salter going to be anything other than a dumpster fire because he and Freeze speak entirely different love languages! Salter may have some residual bitterness for Freeze, so when KSalt's roommate Daniels declares for the portal and both are shown love from Auburn, did they take the attention JUST to screw Freeze over?!?

Just a thought! :)
jmclaughlin liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That's so petty but these guys are still kids so they are going to do things like that. I mean I'm 40 and I still love saying things just to get a rise out of people :lol: (this may explain so much to you guys) 🤣

My theory is, despite what some said on here, there wasn't any tampering and KSalt wanted to test the waters to see who was interested. Then as he thought about it, he decided he wanted to stay put.

That or he was trolling all of us 🤣
Baybird liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Occam’s Razor guys. There are several QBs in the portal right now. There was certainly smoke about KSalt going to Ohio State. I think there were enough media stories quoting people familiar with the situation to believe it was legit. This week I saw some stories showing Ohio States first choice was Will Howard, followed by ours truly. Thursday this week, Will Howard announces he is transferring there. One day later KSalt withdraws from the portal. Whether or not there were any other suitors (Auburn or Miami, etc.) is unknown. But I don’t think KSalt and CJ got in just to troll Auburn.
Baybird liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 6th, 2024, 8:53 am
Butter? That’s a bridge too far!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 6th, 2024, 12:03 am Pop Tarts...Brown sugar cinnamons extra toasted are one step below Manna
You might be right: LU even sells Pop Tarts in the vending machines in the library--2 in a pack! :clapping
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 6th, 2024, 2:58 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 6th, 2024, 12:03 am Pop Tarts...Brown sugar cinnamons extra toasted are one step below Manna
You might be right: LU even sells Pop Tarts in the vending machines in the library--2 in a pack! :clapping
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Butter? That’s a bridge too far!
I’m aware it’s unhealthy and could cause a coronary if done too frequently, however, give it a try just once and let me know. With some ice cold milk it’s better than bread and honey.
Liberty22 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 6th, 2024, 2:59 pm
Purple Haize wrote:Butter? That’s a bridge too far!
I’m aware it’s unhealthy and could cause a coronary if done too frequently, however, give it a try just once and let me know. With some ice cold milk it’s better than bread and honey.
I could *maybe* see butter on a non frosted pop tart.
And coronary shmoronary. No one wants to die healthy :D :D
2024 Season Thread

The Jackson to the hot seat stuff is almost as rid[…]

As I said before, LU will win the CUSA but going t[…]

Prayers please

Best of luck to you! Life gonna change 👍🏼

NCAA Realignment Megathread

The push for a G5 playoff may be bigger th[…]