jmclaughlin wrote: ↑September 17th, 2023, 3:48 pm Quick thoughts through week 3 ( in comparison to ‘22 and expectations):Need Kendy back for this one...
1. Chadwell / Korn are dynamic play callers - Every game we have attacked the weakness of the opponents D. As opposed to trying to force our identity. We are getting more out of less on O.
2. Team is playing free. There seems to be a 100% buy in by the players and it shows on the sideline.
3. QB is a strength of this team again. We will go as far as KSalt is investing in the playbook.
4. Depth! We have dudes everywhere. LB and DL are still questionable but we are loaded in most other spots (in comparison to our conference). Look at our coverages on Special teams to see the wealth.
5. Adjustments. You can see each week that this staff is keying in on the right things. Building blocks to a terrific, sustained program.
6. Next week will tell us a lot. Do we have a kicker? Can our front 7 bow up? Can we consistently put drives together without the deep ball?
FIU will be the biggest challenge until WKU. IMO
Enjoy the ride!
phoenix wrote: ↑September 26th, 2023, 12:55 pm Strength of schedule is going to hurt us in any NY6 discussions. We're going to be favored the rest of the way in, nobody we are playing has a strong schedule (possible exception of Jax State, but if we lose to an FCA transitional team it won't matter how good they are).If you're looking for a storyline, I think playing Coastal in the Myrtle Beach Bowl would really make ESPN happy. Other than that, we take what we get and win it.Would b McCaw and Chadwell accept a game vs the Beach Chickens? And of course we play to win. You can't brag and grow the program by participation trophies alone.
It really seems to me that LU Football takes bowl games more seriously than other teams. Maybe its just me, but everyone seems to be there for the experience and the party, while Liberty is looking for the win.
rtb72 wrote: ↑September 27th, 2023, 4:29 pm How much would our SOS hurt us? My gut tells me that G5s with stronger SOS and a win over a P5 would get in before us even with one loss or more than us. Do we get in with a 12-0 record and CUSA championship over a G5 conference champion with a better SOS and a P5 win? I would guess we would be ranked if we went unbeaten, but may be ranked lower than a G5 who had one loss, yet "quality" wins.For sure almost any 1 loss gets in over undefeated LU. Will require 2 losses for LU to get in and will still be close. It is the CFP ranking not AP and they weigh SOS much heavier.
Huh? Biden suports the WEF. "You'll own[…]
Honestly I get why ESPN spends so much time talk[…]
I'm not against them making a rule that players ar[…]
Trying to get back on his feet. NFL worthy, event[…]