The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ECC29
Please prove to me that European players that played for LU in the past played in the WNBA. I doubt it but please prove it to me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Someone is an angry elf.
By ECC29
What people want is the TRUTH. Some people always lie or exaggerate to win an argument. Trust me, I don’t lose sleep over these nonsense. I’m just making an educated viewpoint. I’m still waiting for the proof from the one who claimed he covered LU women’s basketball for a long time and there have been European players who played at LU and made it to the WNBA.
thesportscritic liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I never covered LU basketball. I covered sports primarily in Texas in Corpus Christi for 6.5 years, Austin for six more and finally another five in Houston before sliding from television into consulting. I did also freelance for Fox Sports for several years during my early consulting work to supplement income.

While in Austin, I headed to Houston to cover the initial WNBA season because a couple of Longhorns were on the roster that ultimately proved to be the best in the league's history with Sheryl Swoopes, Cynthia Cooper & Tina Thompson. At the preseason game I covered in the old Summit that is now Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church, there was a Euro from Liberty on the team. We chatted about how intimidated she was having the best players on the planet in her lockerroom. Apparently she was cut because she does not appear on the '97 roster. I am struggling to remember her name but I suspect some of the Old Hags might recall. This would have been while Elena was still playing for the Lady Flames.

Honestly even with the Comets winning all of those titles, I didn't move to Houston until the franchise was no longer a big story. I may have gone to cover a dozen games total becuse we generally just dropped their score in the ticker after the initial buzz went away.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: June 24th, 2023, 9:10 am At the preseason game I covered in the old Summit that is now Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church, there was a Euro from Liberty on the team. We chatted about how intimidated she was having the best players on the planet in her lockerroom. Apparently she was cut because she does not appear on the '97 roster. I am struggling to remember her name but I suspect some of the Old Hags might recall. This would have been while Elena was still playing for the Lady Flames.
Sly, I'm usually pretty good at doing research, but the only other LU international player that I see on our roster from that era was a Canadian PG Christina Popoff (see the link below to research LU rosters by year).

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/womens-b ... ll/roster/
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LU has has several WNBA players. None of them from Europe who made a roster.

Sly, I’m struggling to think of who that would’ve been in ‘97.

Euro players can be quite good, and some quite athletic. I’ve coached several.

But LU has always erred towards size and acumen over athleticism.
By ECC29
At least the TRUTH comes up. I appreciate it. Please do not exaggerate or tell the untruth just to win an argument. This is what the “woke” is doing to our society.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 24th, 2023, 10:01 am LU has has several WNBA players. None of them from Europe who made a roster.

Sly, I’m struggling to think of who that would’ve been in ‘97.

Euro players can be quite good, and some quite athletic. I’ve coached several.

But LU has always erred towards size and acumen over athleticism.
AGNE JASINSKAITE

Stone cold shooter. Thought she had a cup of coffee in the WNBA. I think her husband was her trainer as well.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I stand here humiliated and humbled. Clearly no Euro player has the potential to be good enough to compete in the almighty CUSA. What was I thinking? Clearly I am having senior moments far too frequently and have no clue what I am talking about on any subject. I'll go stand in the corner and be quiet henceforth.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: June 24th, 2023, 10:04 am At least the TRUTH comes up. I appreciate it. Please do not exaggerate or tell the untruth just to win an argument. This is what the “woke” is doing to our society.
If you are such a TRUTH warrior you should have named this thread "Carey's Gotta Go". That would have been much more honest, don't you think?
And do not question Sly's integrity. He's proven over the years to be more than honest and forthright in the information he provides. If he errs on something, he'll let you know. You, as a newbie on here, have a long way to go to meet up to his standard. Not sure you're getting off on the right foot so far, IMHO.
By ECC29
The only standard is the Truth. He exaggerate himself on one point. He knows it. Two other people made statements and proved him wrong.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: June 24th, 2023, 1:58 pm
ECC29 wrote: June 24th, 2023, 10:04 am At least the TRUTH comes up. I appreciate it. Please do not exaggerate or tell the untruth just to win an argument. This is what the “woke” is doing to our society.
If you are such a TRUTH warrior you should have named this thread "Carey's Gotta Go". That would have been much more honest, don't you think?
And do not question Sly's integrity. He's proven over the years to be more than honest and forthright in the information he provides. If he errs on something, he'll let you know. You, as a newbie on here, have a long way to go to meet up to his standard. Not sure you're getting off on the right foot so far, IMHO.
Yeah. The title of this thread belies what’s actually on the thread
By ECC29
Sly Fox wrote: June 24th, 2023, 1:53 pm I stand here humiliated and humbled. Clearly no Euro player has the potential to be good enough to compete in the almighty CUSA. What was I thinking? Clearly I am having senior moments far too frequently and have no clue what I am talking about on any subject. I'll go stand in the corner and be quiet henceforth.
You are taking things out of context. My argument was and agreed by a few people, that LU need a coach that can attract better athlete to help compete against top level competition. May it be Americans, Europeans, Latin American’s, etc. LU needs a coach that can bring in better athletes. That is my point. Don’t take things personally. I know you are old but chill dude.
By swem
Registration Days
ECC29 wrote:At least the TRUTH comes up. I appreciate it. Please do not exaggerate or tell the untruth just to win an argument. This is what the “woke” is doing to our society.
I hate it when people exaggerate the truth. I was reading this one post where someone said Carey Green is in his 70's.

I also saw someone talk about how LU hasn't come "close" to being in the top 25 in the last three years, even though they were regularly 27-29th the last 5 weeks of the 22 season in the coaches poll. (https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... asontype/2) How is that "not close"?

I also saw someone say " Every game LU plays FGCU in the last 3-4 years they get blown away." We just beat them this past year. The year before we lost by 4 when we were leading going into the 4th (certainly not blown away) and then lost by 8 the second time (game was tied with under 3 to go, FGCU hit 6 free throws in the final minute to put it away--again, not blown away).

Like you, ECC, I hate it when "woke" people exaggerate to win an argument.

I'd recommend people just quit replying to him, he has already made up his mind.
flamehunter, JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
swem wrote: July 7th, 2023, 10:37 am
ECC29 wrote:At least the TRUTH comes up. I appreciate it. Please do not exaggerate or tell the untruth just to win an argument. This is what the “woke” is doing to our society.
I hate it when people exaggerate the truth. I was reading this one post where someone said Carey Green is in his 70's.

I also saw someone talk about how LU hasn't come "close" to being in the top 25 in the last three years, even though they were regularly 27-29th the last 5 weeks of the 22 season in the coaches poll. (https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... asontype/2) How is that "not close"?

I also saw someone say " Every game LU plays FGCU in the last 3-4 years they get blown away." We just beat them this past year. The year before we lost by 4 when we were leading going into the 4th (certainly not blown away) and then lost by 8 the second time (game was tied with under 3 to go, FGCU hit 6 free throws in the final minute to put it away--again, not blown away).

I'd recommend people just quit replying to him, he has already made up his mind.
Oh snap. Shots fired!
flamehunter, JK37 liked this
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I'm taking a guess...Is the person Sly was thinking about Rima Margeviciute? I think she played professionally overseas. She was on the 2005 Sweet 16 team.
By ECC29

You are what is called “ Selective Argument”. Fact is FGCU is 9-1 against Liberty historically. You only picked the few games that was single digit differences but most of their matches were double digit wins by FGCU. Like the “ woke” you are made Selective Argument.
By ECC29
Purple Haize wrote: July 7th, 2023, 10:51 am

Oh snap. Shots fired!
You are a spectator that knows very little about sports.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: June 24th, 2023, 8:47 am What people want is the TRUTH. Some people always lie or exaggerate to win an argument. Trust me, I don’t lose sleep over these nonsense. I’m just making an educated viewpoint. I’m still waiting for the proof from the one who claimed he covered LU women’s basketball for a long time and there have been European players who played at LU and made it to the WNBA.
Look at our political cesspool and tell me "people want the TRUTH". 8)
By cruzan_flame13
Just John wrote: July 7th, 2023, 7:23 pm
ECC29 wrote: June 24th, 2023, 8:47 am What people want is the TRUTH. Some people always lie or exaggerate to win an argument. Trust me, I don’t lose sleep over these nonsense. I’m just making an educated viewpoint. I’m still waiting for the proof from the one who claimed he covered LU women’s basketball for a long time and there have been European players who played at LU and made it to the WNBA.
Look at our political cesspool and tell me "people want the TRUTH". 8)
People love a noble lie :lol: . It's easy to fool a person or society than to convince them that they've been fooled. Not much people will humbly admit that, hence the confused society that we live in. One side believes they have it all together than the other side, even though both sides are control by the same order. Nothing new under the sun.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: July 7th, 2023, 7:18 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 7th, 2023, 10:51 am

Oh snap. Shots fired!
You are a spectator that knows very little about sports.
:rofl :rofl :rofl
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
You ignored Liberty's more recent better showings against FGCU which is a better indicator of our program's direction. You selected to use all-time history with them to support your argument. You are hypocritical at best.
Athens Regional

Ha ur gonna fit right in 😂

Election 2022 and 2024

My money's on Tim Scott. He and Trump in a landsli[…]

That’s overrated. As long as you look good i[…]

Volleyball Coach

Looks like Nolan Albrecht will be acting head coac[…]