If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: June 5th, 2023, 5:49 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: June 5th, 2023, 10:51 am
Purple Haize wrote: June 5th, 2023, 8:13 am

Name it and claim it Brother! Jesus wants you to be wealthy and healthy! All you need is mustard seed size Faith!
Amen. Sell the prayer towels for $19.99 +S&H
Or send in a Faith Offering along with a prayer request that will be taken and sprinkled with Holy Water from the James River.
It worked for ORU s 8)
Or better yet, just have some thanks for the recent fruits and ask blessing and guidance on how to best spend your significant cash flow moving forward. If you don’t have confidence to buy in 1 school share of a major P5 for all sports - or to scared to even make a pitch to beat out the mighty power house football Program known as UConn ( who could be able still take a hoops only deal ) - then you probably should go full Cannonball in the James River then fret that God let you get wet....
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 6th, 2023, 5:50 am I worried at the time LUs NASCAR #24 Byron investment was questionable. Return has been unbelievable. A carefully constructed P5 buy in might be wise.
That was a solid investment. Especially getting in early. The fact he’s had success makes it a home run! Had he not, it would be easy to pull the sponsorship
Now LU needs to set its sight on Global Outreach……..F1 baby!
JK37 liked this
By AATL
Purple Haize wrote: June 6th, 2023, 9:42 am
TH Spangler wrote: June 6th, 2023, 5:50 am I worried at the time LUs NASCAR #24 Byron investment was questionable. Return has been unbelievable. A carefully constructed P5 buy in might be wise.
That was a solid investment. Especially getting in early. The fact he’s had success makes it a home run! Had he not, it would be easy to pull the sponsorship
I can hear it now. Congratulations, Liberty University Online student Max Verstappen, you are F1 world champion!
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: June 6th, 2023, 10:01 am
Purple Haize wrote: June 6th, 2023, 9:42 am
I can hear it now. Congratulations, Liberty University Online student Max Verstappen, you are F1 world champion!
I mean Lewis Hamiltons contract runs out in 23….and I am not a Max Fan. Checko would be good.
I’m naming it and claiming it!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sources confirmed that the Big 12’s new television contract with ESPN and Fox accounts for expansion, automatically increasing the total payout to keep the payout-per-school the same if the new member is from a Power Five conference.
https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/spo ... 289562007/

In other words, adding Pac-12 schools would not reduce the size of Big 12 members’ piece of the pie. But non-P5 additions could mean less money for the current members.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
So if San Diego State were to accept aninvitation from Pac12 and then turnaround and do the same from the Big XII, would they eligible for the P5 contracts specs? Things that may you go hmmmmm.
JK37 liked this
By tyndal23
TH Spangler wrote: June 6th, 2023, 11:31 am
Sources confirmed that the Big 12’s new television contract with ESPN and Fox accounts for expansion, automatically increasing the total payout to keep the payout-per-school the same if the new member is from a Power Five conference.
https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/spo ... 289562007/

In other words, adding Pac-12 schools would not reduce the size of Big 12 members’ piece of the pie. But non-P5 additions could mean less money for the current members.
The pie still gets reduced on post season $ when you have more teams to split up the loot which in current Big 12 years was around an additional 25% of the base tv package. $44 million split 10 ways.

As for ESPN/Fox stance on G5 - That has been known for awhile - however some rumors have stated that SDSU and UConn have been authorized a full share by networks ( I am skeptical ). Another article today about there being pushback from Big 12 Presidents on non P5 even in hoops ( I think BY gets his Gonzaga and UConn MBB only ) but he may not get the votes necessary for UConn all sports ( still can’t believe this is even a discussion after the “for sure 4 corner schools coming” ) They don’t really want to chop up the pie any more without significant value ad ( hence why LU ( or any school) buying in and deferring revenue for a decade would leapfrog them to pole position - certainly over any G5 and maybe even a WSU or OSU. The odds of PAC 12 staying together and Big 12 not having their pick of 4-6 schools to choose from are getting slimmer by the day. Note : LU should offer a full share of the base tv rev deal ( 32 million or so annually if I recall ) and take a split of additional post season, bowls, special event revenue ( based on individual team performance ). Wouldn’t be a good look for softball to win Natty and make zero...The only way a G5 gets all sports is if CO is only team coming and they need an even number ( or only 3 PAC schools come and they need 1 more ). Is Prevo already back in Alaska? Who is minding the store until 7/1 ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 7th, 2023, 7:01 am @tyndal23 how do you know that Liberty has $32M a year for THIS?

If you assume LU has bottomless bags of cash, you’re wrong.
The LORD will provide!
By tyndal23
JK37 wrote: June 7th, 2023, 7:01 am @tyndal23 how do you know that Liberty has $32M a year for THIS?

Lay it out all the financials for us, online revenue, residential, endowment,debt, cash on hand etc...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:59 am
Purple Haize wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:26 am

The LORD will provide!
PH I remember when you were saying we'd never see FBS. :lol:
Since I never said it…..no
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 7th, 2023, 10:31 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:26 am

The LORD will provide!
My apologies. I went back and look. Your take was we couldn't succeed at FBS.

I'm hearing the B12 has set a deadline for Pac12 school to join. July 1st.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The July 1st deadline is for San Diego State to declare they are leaving the Mountain West or they will have to wait an extra year to join or pay $13M exit fee.

The Pac-12 Commish is trying to stretch things out as long as ge can hoping for a solution to to his media contract woes to drop into this lap.

It appears that both Memphis & UConn have had site visits by Yormark and his fellow Big XII officials. They are doing their due diligence. But remember that adding any non-P5 members will cut into the revenue for existing members. That's why I see Memphis or UConn as unlikely at this stage. If the Four Corners 4 were to bolt to the Big XII, I could see SD State also being added in spite of their G5 status to snare a piece of SoCal. But SDSU obviosuly would prefer an intact Pac12 add them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 8th, 2023, 3:50 pm

Not necessarily my take but you keep doing you

You know you can delete your post as easily as you can ‘Like’ it
TH Spangler, ATrain liked this
By tyndal23
BY just visited Memphis, pretty certain a complete smoke screen, but I will be really disappointed if another G5 gets a Big 12 berth and LU didn’t make a financial pitch ( and yes I am aware of the poor timing with no President on campus this month, Board Meeting Approval/ feasibility studies etc ). We could absolutely beat out Memphis,UConn,USF, and probably SDSU with a cash offer( just depends on how bad they want the San Diego market - which isn’t very good from a local fan standpoint - but still - it is Southern CA ). Our location for an east coast travel loop with Cinci/WVU isn’t horrible from that aspect.
“ Hi future Mr. LU President - I am Ian McCaw, and wanted to introduce myself, I know your official first day isn’t until /7/1 but do you have a sec ? - I need to borrow $ 320 million over 10 years and a commitment for another $250 million in facility expansion upgrades in the next 2, and we need to know by June 20th even though your official start date isn’t until 7/1 - I convinced Big 12 to placeholder any final decisions on SDSU vs LU with a LOI - board can meet and approve before then, just needed a verbal approval from you first so you don’t feel “ambushed” on your first day. Cool, thanks - see you in July. “
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 8th, 2023, 7:35 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 8th, 2023, 3:50 pm

Not necessarily my take but you keep doing you

You know you can delete your post as easily as you can ‘Like’ it
I was just messing with you. 👍 :D
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I believe the great and powerful Potentate of the Dark Side aka Purple Haize believed, like many of us, we should have some success at the FCS level before making the jump to FBS. Fortunately the football program defied our expectations and has done well so far.

As far as realignment, the athletics department should start a campaign. "P5 Ready," should do it :P :wink:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: June 13th, 2023, 1:26 pm I believe the great and powerful Potentate of the Dark Side aka Purple Haize believed, like many of us, we should have some success at the FCS level before making the jump to FBS. Fortunately the football program defied our expectations and has done well so far.

As far as realignment, the athletics department should start a campaign. "P5 Ready," should do it :P :wink:
LU also changed course and spent an inordinate amount of money on the FB program and the Athletic Department as a whole. Back then did anyone think LU would pony up $4 million for a football coach? Let alone the increase in facilities etc. Unprecedented in LU history
Now if the fan base would start behaving like FBS fans and the concession and apparel people would start acting like it as well things could work out :wink:
ATrain, rtb72, LU 57 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote: June 13th, 2023, 1:59 pm
ATrain wrote: June 13th, 2023, 1:26 pm I believe the great and powerful Potentate of the Dark Side aka Purple Haize believed, like many of us, we should have some success at the FCS level before making the jump to FBS. Fortunately the football program defied our expectations and has done well so far.

LU also changed course and spent an inordinate amount of money on the FB program and the Athletic Department as a whole. Back then did anyone think LU would pony up $4 million for a football coach? Let alone the increase in facilities etc. Unprecedented in LU history
Now if the fan base would start behaving like FBS fans and the concession and apparel people would start acting like it as well things could work out :wink:
If you ever go back, you should look at my comments and your responses to those comments. I believe it was around 2018 when I started making messages here on this forum.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]