Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Liberty more that half through first round and is only 2 strokes out of first place. Afternoon rotation that comprises the top 15 seeds is about to tee off off. Edit: LU records two double bogies just after posting.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Tied for 11th at plus 10 after day 1, And only 2 strokes out of 8th, which is the match play cut line. Kieran Vincent is just one stroke out of the lead for individual medalist.
UNF, who won the ASUN championship on what is essentially their home course, is dead last at plus 26. 8)
By LUDad
I noticed in the pictures team posted on twitter that all the guys are wearing long sleeve tees under their shirts. These must be special uv fiber to keep them cooler and keep their arms being burned in the 100+ desert weather. I'm sure the training team is doing their thing to keep the guys hydrated and fit to play their best over these 4-6 days.
By LUDad
olldflame wrote: May 28th, 2022, 12:56 pm We have moved into a tie for 8th and have not teed off yet.
LU also tends score better in latter rounds. But they do have to deal with wind this afternoon.
By LUDad
Ouch! Still have a chance to make tomorrow's cut as long as they go out in the morning wave and play well. Wind must have been brutal.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: May 28th, 2022, 9:53 pm Ouch! Still have a chance to make tomorrow's cut as long as they go out in the morning wave and play well. Wind must have been brutal.
You're more optimistic than me.

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Weather is nice today and not too hot. That helps us. The morning groups are likely to have some low scores and create separation. If you looked at the individual scores yesterday, Austin Duncan, our #1 golfer started his back nine (holes 1-3) with. +5, +2, +2. 9 strokes over par in a few holes is not something you normally see on his scorecard, but it happened. I think we play loose today and shoot a score that gives us a chance to reach the top 15. IF that happens, we will need to go low and get a lot of help to jump in the top 8 tomorrow to qualify for match play.
By LUDad
Problem is, they reseeded so we did not flip back to morning wave. It will be extremely difficult to overcome the gap playing in the stronger afternoon wind. We would have had a decent chance if we had gone out this morning. I wonder if we went at too many of the risk/reward holes in the stronger wind yesterday.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We end up 26th and do not advance. I think the success our guys have had is tending to make expectations a bit too high. They have a lot to be proud of. My biggest disappointment is that after being 23 strokes up on them on day one, we ended up behind UNF. :banghead
Baybird liked this
By LUDad
olldflame wrote: May 30th, 2022, 8:40 am We end up 26th and do not advance. I think the success our guys have had is tending to make expectations a bit too high. They have a lot to be proud of. My biggest disappointment is that after being 23 strokes up on them on day one, we ended up behind UNF. :banghead
Your right. We are who the rankings say we are. Look at the rakings vs. finish position for each team. Very little difference. Looks like Brigham Young got to log an early morning round. Their final round was posted early Sunday morning. They must have played both rounds Sat. to be able not to go go out Sunday. If so, note how low they scored (10 over) in that round. Those morning rounds scores were like gold.
By jmclaughlin
The Robert Trent Jones golf trail has been a long time bucket list of mine to play, but the Flames have just burnt down one leg of it. Magnolia Grove Crossings Golf Course was the host for the ASUN golf championship and must have been set up for First Tee participants. The tournament scoring was unbelievable. The Flames finished the 3 round event at 53 under par! That was four strokes better than 42nd ranked UNF.

3 Flames finished top 5 with Jonathan Yaun as the individual medalist at -18 and most impressively only had 1 bogey recorded in 3 rounds. That is incredible golf!

Now on to the NCAA regionals.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
In case you all missed it, Isaac Simmons qualified for the U.S. Open yesterday, along with Wake's Michael Brennan (also from Virginia). We're pretty sure it's the first time in about 25 years that any VSGA member has made it to the U.S. Open. Very cool to have two make it.
jmclaughlin, flamehunter, PAmedic and 2 others liked this
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LANG what’s ur take on LIV/PGA 🤔
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Listened to the most recent No Laying Up to get a better feel for it ... sure sounds to me that the PGA Tour was afraid of prolonged litigation against the PIF with an unlimited war chest and tried to cut its losses. I've long stopped worrying about the Saudi stuff, because their money is everywhere in golf, soccer, racing, etc. You can't escape it at this point.
PAmedic liked this
By Baybird
While previous years' teams have spoiled us, and this Fall's results have been "okay," the golf team showed some spark in Hawaii yesterday. In a remarkable first round Liberty University has surged ahead to first place outplaying several nationally ranked teams. Notably, LU has positioned itself ahead of the #9 ranked East Tennessee, #16 Oklahoma, and #29 Georgia. This achievement underscores that our golf program is pretty solid. Love that the team's dedication and hard work are paying off and that we have ANOTHER formidable team playing at a high level!
By Baybird
After leading the first two rounds, the golf team concluded their fall tournament schedule with a commendable third-place finish. They finished with the second-best 54 hole score in Liberty Flames' history. It sits just under last years score at the ASUN Men's Golf Championship title.

In this event, only two teams managed to surpass Liberty out of the total 20: No. 9 ETSU and No. 14 Oklahoma. Josh Ryan, a sophomore was first on the team finishing fourth individually with Brett Reid not far behind, finishing 8th. In relation to the wider context of the tournament, it was played close to the site of the Lahaina fires that occurred in August.

There are promising prospects for the teams as they gear up for the spring segment and continue the strong legacy LU has had in golf in the last decade in the NCAA.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]