This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Trump/Scott 2024 for me at this point. DeSantis has to much establishment money behind him. Vivek Ramaswamy is very interesting as well.
By Ill flame
I could go either way between desantis and Scott. If I had to vote today I would go with Scott, desantis then trump. In other news ranked choice voting is nice, more states need to make the switch.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: May 25th, 2023, 8:59 am I could go either way between desantis and Scott. If I had to vote today I would go with Scott, desantis then trump. In other news ranked choice voting is nice, more states need to make the switch.
Ranked choice voting guarantees no one will like the person elected
By Ill flame
Polling does not back up that opinion at all. Polls show that those who have used RCV prefer it over the old system, turnout is higher and they feel like their vote mattered more. This includes a poll of Virginia Republicans that used RCV in the congressional primaries. The people that don't like it either have never used it or support establishment politicians that lost because they are deeply unpopular outside of their base like Sarah Palin.

https://fairvote.org/resources/data-on-rcv/
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: May 25th, 2023, 12:52 pm Polling does not back up that opinion at all. Polls show that those who have used RCV prefer it over the old system, turnout is higher and they feel like their vote mattered more. This includes a poll of Virginia Republicans that used RCV in the congressional primaries. The people that don't like it either have never used it or support establishment politicians that lost because they are deeply unpopular outside of their base like Sarah Palin.

https://fairvote.org/resources/data-on-rcv/
Yeah. That’s me. Mr Establishment Candidate supporter.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Former VP Mike Pence announced today that he is running for President.

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 9th, 2023, 4:17 pm Just a guess, the deep state sacrifices Joe Biden next. To justify blocking Trump's reelection with the Justice Department.
Why? They have free reign with Biden in office
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 9th, 2023, 8:09 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 9th, 2023, 4:17 pm Just a guess, the deep state sacrifices Joe Biden next. To justify blocking Trump's reelection with the Justice Department.
Why? They have free reign with Biden in office
The BIG GUY. "Where's the money". :roll:

Comer must feel like he's playing the Sparky Shuffle. Guess which LLC the corrupt, Biben family payment is under. :lol:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If the left ignored Trump, would he finally go away?

Do they continue to prop him up because they’re scared of him?
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
They continue to prop him up for 4 reasons:
1) He gives their allies in the media ratings
2) They fund raise off of him
3) You can always count on Trump to serve as a distraction for what's happening in the world
4) Now they believe they can beat him in the General, given his terrible polling with Independents
Chippy liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: June 16th, 2023, 12:52 pm They continue to prop him up for 4 reasons:
3) You can always count on Trump to serve as a distraction for what's happening in the world
4) Now they believe they can beat him in the General, given his terrible polling with Independents
Same as 2016.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Vivek Ramaswamy and Tim Scott would be interesting. Vivek is a young, smart, outsider with the right message. Tim Scott is fresh air. What do you guys think?
By rtb72
Humble_Opinion wrote: June 16th, 2023, 12:52 pm They continue to prop him up for 4 reasons:
1) It does, but I think that is starting to get played out. Folks are just getting tired of Trump all together.
2) Yes...but again. Getting played out
3) He is just a distraction at this point, but I think many Americans are simply "tuning out" from the MSM in general because it's mostly opinion and conjecture. Again....it's just plain tiring.
4) I don't think he can. His antics played well for him in 2016, but he has turned even more of the right off with this current campaign. I don't think going after Desantis and other previously supportive conservatives was a good move. They don't seem to be "taking the bait".

IMHO...if it comes down to old man Biden and old man Trump.....I don't think there will be a huge motivation on the electorate's part.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: June 21st, 2023, 11:11 pm
1) It does, but I think that is starting to get played out. Folks are just getting tired of Trump all together.
2) Yes...but again. Getting played out
3) He is just a distraction at this point, but I think many Americans are simply "tuning out" from the MSM in general because it's mostly opinion and conjecture. Again....it's just plain tiring.
4) I don't think he can. His antics played well for him in 2016, but he has turned even more of the right off with this current campaign. I don't think going after Desantis and other previously supportive conservatives was a good move. They don't seem to be "taking the bait".

IMHO...if it comes down to old man Biden and old man Trump.....I don't think there will be a huge motivation on the electorate's part.
I'll vote for anyone that will dismantle the unelected bureaucracy in Washington that picks our candidates (both parties). Then controls them while in office.

At this point it should be clear to everyone what's going on. How politicians/family/friends get rich and why all our critical manufacturing is in China. Why only 30% of our tax dollars sent to the Ukrainian military gets there.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Looks like DeSanctimonious (thank you former President Trump for that) is in a tailspin in the polls. Also, Will Hurd has announced, and his priority appears to be northern border security??? I'll pass on him.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
desantis fall is surprising. I don't know what is going on with the republican party. I feel like its about to be another 2022 and somehow biden is going to get a 2nd term.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
DeSantis has been far and away one of the most effective Republican governors. He was in the freedom fight against COVID lockdowns early on after following the COVID "guidelines" released by the CDC initially. He showed a willingness to pivot and pushback. Trump was MIA during this, mostly because he instituted them and still supports them to this day. I'm sorry, but wrong call. I can't and won't support Trump in the primary. I think the media malpractice and actions of the security and intelligence apparatus against him during his presidency were absolutely criminal. However, his inability to put the right people in the key positions needed to reform government effectively is a character flaw. The guy attracts smarmy people.

Also - I saw Vivek mentioned above. Huge red flags surrounding that guy. He's connected to Soros... at this point, I almost think the powers that be that have the money already have the strings pulled where they need them to be so every candidate is flawed, but Vivek having little to no political experience or votes makes me question him much more than I would a DeSantis whom has an actual record that I mostly agree with, aside from a few things.

https://newrepublic.com/post/172402/viv ... pedia-page
jmclaughlin liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: July 11th, 2023, 10:21 am desantis fall is surprising. I don't know what is going on with the republican party. I feel like its about to be another 2022 and somehow biden is going to get a 2nd term.
I’m not putting a lot of stock in his declining numbers right now. I’ll take notice after Labor Day. Right now Trump is making his big splashy appearances. He’s charismatic and lots of energy. If he’s the nominee for the Republican Party I’ll vote for him. But I’m not counting DeSantis out just yet
jmclaughlin liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: July 11th, 2023, 11:11 am DeSantis has been far and away one of the most effective Republican governors. He was in the freedom fight against COVID lockdowns early on after following the COVID "guidelines" released by the CDC initially. He showed a willingness to pivot and pushback. Trump was MIA during this, mostly because he instituted them and still supports them to this day. I'm sorry, but wrong call. I can't and won't support Trump in the primary. I think the media malpractice and actions of the security and intelligence apparatus against him during his presidency were absolutely criminal. However, his inability to put the right people in the key positions needed to reform government effectively is a character flaw. The guy attracts smarmy people.

Also - I saw Vivek mentioned above. Huge red flags surrounding that guy. He's connected to Soros... at this point, I almost think the powers that be that have the money already have the strings pulled where they need them to be so every candidate is flawed, but Vivek having little to no political experience or votes makes me question him much more than I would a DeSantis whom has an actual record that I mostly agree with, aside from a few things.

https://newrepublic.com/post/172402/viv ... pedia-page
Thanks for pointing out that connection. No record ... was concerning me. The devil you know is better than the one you don't know.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... ction.html
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
RubberMallet wrote: July 11th, 2023, 10:21 am desantis fall is surprising. I don't know what is going on with the republican party. I feel like its about to be another 2022 and somehow biden is going to get a 2nd term.
I’m not putting a lot of stock in his declining numbers right now. I’ll take notice after Labor Day. Right now Trump is making his big splashy appearances. He’s charismatic and lots of energy. If he’s the nominee for the Republican Party I’ll vote for him. But I’m not counting DeSantis out just yet
yeah of course. its way early. I just thought he woudl still be way more popular. i'm ok with the slow play and ultimately he's my numero uno at this point.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]