If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
ESPN reporter and LU grad Sam Ponder has taken a stand to support Riley Gaines in her battle to not allow biological men to compete in women’s sports. Naturally she has taken some heat from other members of the media. She needs our prayers as I’m sure this will not go away anytime soon.
JK37, Chippy, flamehunter and 6 others liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
People with Y chromosomes do not belong in athletic competitions for those without a Y chromosome.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
There needs to be a flood of sports people - athletes, coaches, media, etc. - to join Sam and Ms. Gaines in this fight. MEN! and ladies. No time for them to be timid about standing up for what's right and common sense.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It’s so interesting how Sam gets labeled a transPHOBE. Why is it that when we disagree with them, the world issues terminology to make it seem as if we fear or hate them?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What frustrates me about this whole debate is that some of the loudest voices seem to be the mean spirited ones. I know that is the world we live in with the social media world but it makes it near impossible to have real discussion.

With that said Sam Ponder isn't the only female voice at ESPN having these thoughts. Seems to be a pretty common belief among women in sports.

I do not think the government should play any role in determining who people love. I don't care if an adult searches out gender affirming care. You're an adult. You should be free to live your life as you feel fit as long as you arent harming others in the process. However, it shouldn't be controversial to say (as ATrain put it) "People with Y chromosomes do not belong in athletic competitions for those without a Y chromosome."

In fact, I don't think it is as controversial as many may think. Poll after poll shows that the majority of Americans are against trans women playing in women sports. This is one of the few things that poll well for Republicans nationally. Of course they also tend to be the loudest in their campaign against the LGBTQ community so its hard for many to take them seriously.
ATrain liked this
By rhezick
thepostman wrote: June 1st, 2023, 6:11 am What frustrates me about this whole debate is that some of the loudest voices seem to be the mean spirited ones. I know that is the world we live in with the social media world but it makes it near impossible to have real discussion.

With that said Sam Ponder isn't the only female voice at ESPN having these thoughts. Seems to be a pretty common belief among women in sports.

I do not think the government should play any role in determining who people love. I don't care if an adult searches out gender affirming care. You're an adult. You should be free to live your life as you feel fit as long as you arent harming others in the process. However, it shouldn't be controversial to say (as ATrain put it) "People with Y chromosomes do not belong in athletic competitions for those without a Y chromosome."

In fact, I don't think it is as controversial as many may think. Poll after poll shows that the majority of Americans are against trans women playing in women sports. This is one of the few things that poll well for Republicans nationally. Of course they also tend to be the loudest in their campaign against the LGBTQ community so its hard for many to take them seriously.
Such a great take right here. Couldn't have said it better. Of all the social issues Republicans should be leaning into, it's this. It's logical, makes sense, polls well.
ATrain liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 1st, 2023, 6:11 am I do not think the government should play any role in determining who people love.
From a secular stand point, we agree.

"Who people love"... But It troubles me when I hear Christians say the church/bible should play no roll or should embrace same sex sex.

I've been playing around with AI lately. Thought I'd plug it in to see what it has to say on the subject.

AI " The Christian faith teaches us to love everyone as God loves us. However, love does not mean approval of everything that people do. We have the freedom to choose who we love, but we also have the responsibility to follow God's word. The Bible clearly states that homosexual intercourse is a sin against God and His design for human sexuality. Therefore, as Christians, we cannot condone or participate in such acts, but we can still show compassion and respect to those who struggle with this temptation.
Last edited by TH Spangler on June 1st, 2023, 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 31st, 2023, 11:59 pm It’s so interesting how Sam gets labeled a transPHOBE. Why is it that when we disagree with them, the world issues terminology to make it seem as if we fear or hate them?
Transphobe. A phobia is an irrational fear of something. My hunch is that Sam Ponder is not fearful of someone who is a biological male that identifies as a female, when biology (science) says otherwise. What's irrational about that point of view? Aren't we to follow the science? By voicing, what I believe is a rational point of view, Sam Ponder does not have a phobia (a psychological disorder) but a point of view on transgender individuals in women's sports and is not the irrational one in this debate.
TH Spangler liked this
By cruzan_flame13
The first century church dealt with this and Paul wrote about this. The thing is that we can cry about it but the change will come and it will get worse. The civilisation is collapsing and everyone wants to protest after a long time of being comfortable in a particular way of life. What the Church can do is continue to serve, love and share the Good News of Yehoshua Hamashiach in all that we do. "Fighting back" and being political about this situation will just cause more tension and division which give the powers that be more of an excuse to declare laws and waste more money. This is something society as a whole can't and won't accept but that's just reality. Seems like we have forgotten that we are temporary residents here. Nothing new under the sun.
Baybird, rmiller1959 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 1st, 2023, 2:23 pm
thepostman wrote: June 1st, 2023, 6:11 am I do not think the government should play any role in determining who people love.

"Who people love"... But It troubles me when I hear Christians say the church/bible should play no roll or should embrace same sex sex.

I've been playing around with AI lately. Thought I'd plug it in to see what it has to say on the subject.

AI " The Christian faith teaches us to love everyone as God loves us. However, love does not mean approval of everything that people do. We have the freedom to choose who we love, but we also have the responsibility to follow God's word. The Bible clearly states that homosexual intercourse is a sin against God and His design for human sexuality. Therefore, as Christians, we cannot condone or participate in such acts, but we can still show compassion and respect to those who struggle with this temptation.
*how one confronts sin with fellow believers is significantly different than with unbelievers. Just because I think the government should stay out of adults business doesn't mean I do or don't condone the behavior.
Purple Haize, Just John liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Chippy is right.

NCAA needs to join the name game that the left loves so much. No more men's sports and women's sports. From now on it will be 2 X chromosomes athletes. And 1 X and 1 Y chromosome athletics.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:25 am
TH Spangler wrote: June 1st, 2023, 2:23 pm

*how one confronts sin with fellow believers is significantly different than with unbelievers. Just because I think the government should stay out of adults business doesn't mean I do or don't condone the behavior.
I hate it when you make sense and we agree. It hurts my soul. :D :D
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I've always said, we probably agree on more than we disagree....

Ok...maybe I've just thought that. I have an image around here to uphold!

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.