If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 27th, 2023, 7:40 am How do you feel about Miami being in the ACC?
You are asking him for consistency and intellectual honesty? Man you crazy!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There's nothing wrong with Miami being in ACC. (They are a "southern school) Hurricanes are a better fit for ACC than Louisville, Pittsburgh , Syracuse, Boston College and Notre Dame. Those 5 schools should not be in ACC.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Big East is not a Power 5 Conference. I think they were back during BCS days, but the ACC raided the Big East, thus destroying both conferences to a degree.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Research what? He's right. The Big East is a power conference in basketball. Maybe take a look in the mirror.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Where are LUConn & aLUmnus? They both pop by from time to time. Stokesjokes needs some support.

I may try to check out some of the activities this weekend. Plenty of Longhorn fans are suddenly dropping tickets onto the marketplace for some reason. I'd love to see Darius in the 3-point contest.
Cider Jim, flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Let’s give a nod to the Women’s Final Four. Both really great games. But Iowa pulls the HUGE upset. Caitlin Clark drops 41 and has nerves of steel. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Iowas defense. It was clever, quirky and right up my alley!
Cider Jim, Baybird liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I watched most of both games last night and absolutely loved the outcomes of both games! :clapping Play Basketball :clapping
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Bluder and Jenson coached circles around SC. As inventive as Iowa’s defensive game plan was, I’m not sure SC had one. SC’s posts hung around the arc and were baffled in POB’s all night and never adjusted.

Clark played inspired, Boston didn’t. Cooke and Cardoso were SC’s leaders. If Raven Johnson hadn’t stepped up, Iowa would’ve won going away.

Clark compares most to Ionescu, but with way better deep shooting and finishing abilities. Ionescu is still the great player in POB’s I’ve ever seen, but Clark is close. Plenty of players are heavily impactful due a lot to their size in WBB, and SC has had two long generations of incredible size AND mobility AND skill. But I don’t think we’ve seen a guard who was this impactful since Diana Taurasi - the greatest Women’s player ever. Maybe Maya Moore.

Women’s game is as good as it’s ever been right now. Best game I’ve seen since Miss State took down UConn on 2017 - also in Dallas, and I was there for that one.

I wanted to see Iowa vs. VT. If LSU learns from SC mistakes and actually comes up with a gameplan, might hang with Iowa for awhile. But I think Sunday’s final is Iowa’s to lose.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Have to give props to VT for a great season. Remember, they are only 1 year removed from being beaten badly here in Lynchburg by the Lady Flames. If only we could improve that much in a year...
JK37, ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 8:43 am Bluder and Jenson coached circles around SC. As inventive as Iowa’s defensive game plan was, I’m not sure SC had one. SC’s posts hung around the arc and were baffled in POB’s all night and never adjusted.

Clark played inspired, Boston didn’t. Cooke and Cardoso were SC’s leaders. If Raven Johnson hadn’t stepped up, Iowa would’ve won going away.

Clark compares most to Ionescu, but with way better deep shooting and finishing abilities. Ionescu is still the great player in POB’s I’ve ever seen, but Clark is close. Plenty of players are heavily impactful due a lot to their size in WBB, and SC has had two long generations of incredible size AND mobility AND skill. But I don’t think we’ve seen a guard who was this impactful since Diana Taurasi - the greatest Women’s player ever. Maybe Maya Moore.

Women’s game is as good as it’s ever been right now. Best game I’ve seen since Miss State took down UConn on 2017 - also in Dallas, and I was there for that one.

I wanted to see Iowa vs. VT. If LSU learns from SC mistakes and actually comes up with a gameplan, might hang with Iowa for awhile. But I think Sunday’s final is Iowa’s to lose.
Clark may be the best WBB player I’ve seen since Della-Donne. Maybe even better. Drop 40 AND a Triple Double? Child please.
Can’t remember the post player for Iowas name but she has the best stat EVER. Dribbles Taken in Tournament- 1. Incredible.
Bluder’s game plan Defensively was bold and perfect. But don’t sleep on her offensive strategy either. They had countless ways to get Clark the ball. And she has tireless energy.
Tech going to zone was a great move and really negated LSU’s athleticism. But only having 6 players in your rotation finally caught up to them. I mean that might get you to Semi State in HS but not the FF

I’m pulling for Iowa. LSU has more talent and ‘fashion’ but I want to see a coach who does something creative rewarded
Cider Jim, Baybird liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Delle-Donne is the greatest offensive player I’ve ever seen. Aided by her 6’4” frame, one of the best women’s basketball players ever. But she NEVER played defense.

Taurasi is the greatest ever.

Clark is way up there on offense, but her size is her Achilles’ heel.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 4:37 pm Delle-Donne is the greatest offensive player I’ve ever seen. Aided by her 6’4” frame, one of the best women’s basketball players ever. But she NEVER played defense.

Taurasi is the greatest ever.

Clark is way up there on offense, but her size is her Achilles’ heel.
Dude, she’s 6’ tall and has crazy long arms. I used to think she was kinda frail but home girl has some guns on her. She’s a lot stronger than she looks.
I’d put her ahead of Taurasi simply because of the State of the women’s game compared to back then.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: April 1st, 2023, 6:12 pm Nancy Lieberman (I'm really old)
Ann Meyers! Bring my Geritol
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Well that was fun
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]