This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: March 31st, 2023, 11:14 am
stokesjokes wrote: March 31st, 2023, 9:57 am
thepostman wrote: March 31st, 2023, 7:38 am It isn't. Not even worth addressing. You won't find me defending Biden, that's for sure.

I don't know if there is merit for these charges or not, but out of all of the possible charges looming for Trump these are the weakest. The cases in GA and DC are much stronger. However, at the end of the day it just isn't worth it. I am not a huge DeSantis fan but I was excited that there was finally someone that looked to be ending this Trump love affair with the republican party but this just brings them right back. Which is really strange but I'm done trying to figure that out.
I don't think anyone should be making the calculation of if its "worth it" or not. If I bought a sports car for $130,000 and falsely claimed it as a business expense, I'd go to jail. If Trump did that here, he should face the same kind of charges and treatment that I would. Power, wealth, and position shouldn't entitle you to a different set of rules.
A 130K sports car can be a legitimate business expense. No one has gone to jail for claiming a vehicle business expense.
I wish my company gave me a 130k sports car! Instead all they give me is a Ford Explorer Limited :wink:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 31st, 2023, 7:38 am It isn't. Not even worth addressing. You won't find me defending Biden, that's for sure.

I don't know if there is merit for these charges or not, but out of all of the possible charges looming for Trump these are the weakest. The cases in GA and DC are much stronger. However, at the end of the day it just isn't worth it. I am not a huge DeSantis fan but I was excited that there was finally someone that looked to be ending this Trump love affair with the republican party but this just brings them right back. Which is really strange but I'm done trying to figure that out.
I don't think anyone should be making the calculation of if its "worth it" or not. If I bought a sports car for $130,000 and falsely claimed it as a business expense, I'd go to jail. If Trump did that here, he should face the same kind of charges and treatment that I would. Power, wealth, and position shouldn't entitle you to a different set of rules.
A 130K sports car can be a legitimate business expense. No one has gone to jail for claiming a vehicle business expense.
Is bleachbit or a hammer for crushing cell phones a business expense? :lol:
jmclaughlin liked this
By jmclaughlin
We are all being played. This is exactly what Trump wanted and needed (for his Ego). This is also exactly why the left is doing it. Make Trump the headline and hide the Biden Administrations complete ineptitude. The leftist who are in control of all levers of power also want to poke the right into another "insurrection" and many will fall for it. When they do, more rights will be stripped away and more surveillance ensues. The left wants Trump to run because they know how to needle his fragile manhood.
Anyone with a processing frontal lobe knows that Desantis is a far better candidate, including the left. Don't sway, If you are a believer, Trump should not ever be your first choice. He is a better alternative than a lot of Republicans but he is not the answer to any leadership void we have as a nation.
Just my 2 cents
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: March 31st, 2023, 11:47 am We are all being played. This is exactly what Trump wanted and needed (for his Ego). This is also exactly why the left is doing it. Make Trump the headline and hide the Biden Administrations complete ineptitude. The leftist who are in control of all levers of power also want to poke the right into another "insurrection" and many will fall for it. When they do, more rights will be stripped away and more surveillance ensues. The left wants Trump to run because they know how to needle his fragile manhood.
Anyone with a processing frontal lobe knows that DeSantis is a far better candidate, including the left. Don't sway, If you are a believer, Trump should not ever be your first choice. He is a better alternative than a lot of Republicans but he is not the answer to any leadership void we have as a nation.
Just my 2 cents
Mostly agree. Just not sure DeSantis is mad enough to get the job done. If he surrounded himself with the right people, maybe.
By jmclaughlin
TH Spangler wrote: March 31st, 2023, 1:17 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: March 31st, 2023, 11:47 am We are all being played. This is exactly what Trump wanted and needed (for his Ego). This is also exactly why the left is doing it. Make Trump the headline and hide the Biden Administrations complete ineptitude. The leftist who are in control of all levers of power also want to poke the right into another "insurrection" and many will fall for it. When they do, more rights will be stripped away and more surveillance ensues. The left wants Trump to run because they know how to needle his fragile manhood.
Anyone with a processing frontal lobe knows that DeSantis is a far better candidate, including the left. Don't sway, If you are a believer, Trump should not ever be your first choice. He is a better alternative than a lot of Republicans but he is not the answer to any leadership void we have as a nation.
Just my 2 cents
Mostly agree. Just not sure DeSantis is mad enough to get the job done. If he surrounded himself with the right people, maybe.
Not about level of mad for me but about the effectiveness of displacing leftist ideology. DeSantis did it in Florida by draining the swamp, with increased popularity. Trump brought a swamp with him into office. As an example… We don’t have Fauci without Trumps ineptitude.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: March 31st, 2023, 1:51 pm
TH Spangler wrote: March 31st, 2023, 1:17 pm
Just my 2 cents
Not about level of mad for me but about the effectiveness of displacing leftist ideology. DeSantis did it in Florida by draining the swamp, with increased popularity. Trump brought a swamp with him into office. As an example… We don’t have Fauci without Trumps ineptitude.
I’d say naïvety. That’s something he’s fixing for his 24 run.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 30th, 2023, 7:04 pm https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... tid=Nif5oz

Franklin Graham

We need to pray for our country and where it is headed. The left in Washington and across the country just can’t get their fill of attacking Donald Trump. They are so paranoid of him. The onslaught against him is continual. There’s no question, the media and the left manipulated the last election, and they are scared to death of Donald Trump’s possible return. So, night after night, the media runs negative stories about former President Trump. Now they're talking about the possibility of arresting him in the hopes that this would prevent him from running for president again—this would be a huge mistake. The charges against him are definitely politically motivated.

I would like to ask Christians across this country to pray specifically for former President Donald J. Trump, that God’s hand would be upon him, protect him, and direct him in every step he takes—and that God’s will be done. We need to work together to strengthen this nation—not divide and destroy it.
skewered Americans for succumbing to the notion that "what a person does in private has little bearing on his public actions or job performance, even if he is the president of the United States.”
- Franklin Graham, 1998

“Day after day, children hear adults saying that it doesn’t matter if the President lied.” Character, he preached, “is destiny.”
- Gary Bauer, Family Research Council, 1998

"...you can’t run a family, let alone a country, without [character]. How foolish to believe that a person who lacks honesty and moral integrity is qualified to lead a nation and the world!”

“...alarmed” at “the willingness of my fellow citizens to rationalize the President’s behavior even after they suspected, and later knew, that he was lying.”
- James Dobson, 1998
jmclaughlin liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: March 31st, 2023, 5:57 pm
TH Spangler wrote: March 30th, 2023, 7:04 pm https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... tid=Nif5oz

Franklin Graham

We need to pray for our country and where it is headed. The left in Washington and across the country just can’t get their fill of attacking Donald Trump. They are so paranoid of him. The onslaught against him is continual. There’s no question, the media and the left manipulated the last election, and they are scared to death of Donald Trump’s possible return. So, night after night, the media runs negative stories about former President Trump. Now they're talking about the possibility of arresting him in the hopes that this would prevent him from running for president again—this would be a huge mistake. The charges against him are definitely politically motivated.

I would like to ask Christians across this country to pray specifically for former President Donald J. Trump, that God’s hand would be upon him, protect him, and direct him in every step he takes—and that God’s will be done. We need to work together to strengthen this nation—not divide and destroy it.
skewered Americans for succumbing to the notion that "what a person does in private has little bearing on his public actions or job performance, even if he is the president of the United States.”
- Franklin Graham, 1998

“Day after day, children hear adults saying that it doesn’t matter if the President lied.” Character, he preached, “is destiny.”

"...you can’t run a family, let alone a country, without [character]. How foolish to believe that a person who lacks honesty and moral integrity is qualified to lead a nation and the world!”

“...alarmed” at “the willingness of my fellow citizens to rationalize the President’s behavior even after they suspected, and later knew, that he was lying.”
- James Dobson, 1998
For me this is not about Trump. It's about the FBI setting on a lap top since 2019 with multiple crimes by our current president on it. A former president keeping a server in the bathroom with top secret on it. Destroying evidence. I could list many more and nothing is being done about it. Only the elected outsider gets harassed. 7 years of it.
Chippy liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Just pointing out some hypocrisies made relevant by your post. I have nothing to say about Trump's legal issues as I'm apparently one of the few who hasn't already seen the indictment. Doubt I'll have much to say when I catch up with everyone else next week until it's adjudicated.
Last edited by Just John on March 31st, 2023, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts

What I’m describing is a textbook example of tax fraud. Or are you purposely missing my point?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: March 31st, 2023, 5:57 pm

Franklin Graham

- Franklin Graham, 1998

- James Dobson, 1998
The problem for this comparison is who/what are you comparing it too? You can go down the line of Presidents who fall under this umbrella. The current occupant is no better and probably worse.
So this very idealistic approach ends up costing those who cling to it.
TH Spangler liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
This is just situational ethics. What you are willing to put up with "your guy" that you won't from their guy...while ignoring your "values" all the while. And when it's done in the name of God, especially on a mass scale, it cheapens Him (and us) to the world we claim we want to win. I get that politics (policies) is compromise and they should be. But don't preach "values" and "morals" then try to gaslight when they become a inconvenient.
JK37, thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 1:38 am This is just situational ethics. What you are willing to put up with "your guy" that you won't from their guy...while ignoring your "values" all the while. And when it's done in the name of God, especially on a mass scale, it cheapens Him (and us) to the world we claim we want to win. I get that politics (policies) is compromise and they should be. But don't preach "values" and "morals" then try to gaslight when they become a inconvenient.
I absolutely agree that it’s sickening when folks want to anoint or condemn a Politician in the name of God. In the case of Trump he is neither the new Messiah nor the Anti Christ as he’s been labeled by both sides.
I do disagree about the situational ethics. All humans are flawed. There is no perfect and ideal Candidate. When it comes to politics you are voting for someone whose policies you find most in lion with your own. Jimmy Carter is/was a kind and gentle man of tremendous faith, horrible policies. But if you think situational ethics are at play you’d have to vote for him because of his personal attributes not his policies.
As a Christian who I vote for doesn’t diminish my advocating for Personal Values or Morals. It will if you try to Codeify them into law maybe. And that brings us back to using God as your standard on a Political Crusade
47/5-2 liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:Biden doesn't stand a chance with Robert Kennedy Jr in the race now.
That's a joke right? Robert Kennedy is more of a classic liberal... your core Democrat party voter has nothing in common with him. COVID vaccine mania killed any last vestiges of classic liberalism in that party. It's why people like Manchin are being pushed out, albeit slowly.

Biden is a nursing home patient practically. But if they can find a way to cover it up and get him through the debates they will find the votes they need for him to win. They're so far ahead of the Rs in the new game of ballot harvesting that there's almost 0 chance any Republican wins.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 8th, 2023, 9:23 pm It's so gross Biden and Trump are it.

Again.
At least you have the opportunity to Compare and Contrast. I’d still take Trump any day over Biden.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
If I could pick a president it would be the governor of Florida. But as things stand now, I would also pick Mickey Mouse over Joey Brandon. He is the worst president we have ever had by far.

"Stand up Chuck"
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: April 9th, 2023, 1:20 pm If I could pick a president it would be the governor of Florida. But as things stand now, I would also pick Mickey Mouse over Joey Brandon. He is the worst president we have ever had by far.

"Stand up Chuck"
If we had Trump in there now i don't think we would be staring WWIII in the eye.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 10th, 2023, 3:23 am
flameshaw wrote: April 9th, 2023, 1:20 pm If I could pick a president it would be the governor of Florida. But as things stand now, I would also pick Mickey Mouse over Joey Brandon. He is the worst president we have ever had by far.

"Stand up Chuck"
If we had Trump in there now i don't think we would be staring WWIII in the eye.
You’re probably right. Just rest easy in the knowledge that this is still better because the Democrats and Never Trumpers told us so!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 10th, 2023, 7:17 am
TH Spangler wrote: April 10th, 2023, 3:23 am

"Stand up Chuck"
You’re probably right. Just rest easy in the knowledge that this is still better because the Democrats and Never Trumpers told us so!
Our woke state dept wrapping LGBTQ+ into every policy, trade deal and sanctioning turns off 2/3's of the worlds population. Can't blame them for wanting to topple the dollar and move away from us.

Please, this is another version of Kyle Rodes but […]

Virginia

sorry, I meant you cannot generate bat speed with […]

2024 Commit: PG Brett Decker

At the very least, he'll be a noticeable upgrade t[…]

2024 NCAA Tournament

I believe Mark has accepted the Vanderbilt job. […]