This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 9:57 pm
Purple Haize wrote: March 30th, 2023, 9:22 pm
rmiller1959 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:49 pm

Nor would she care to be. She would probably rather walk shoeless on broken glass. She's not interested in being in charge of anything - she wants to teach.
It seems she’d rather be an activist
It's probably apparent that she and I are friends, so I can confidently say that while she engages fully wherever the Lord leads her, presumably making her an activist, her greatest joy is teaching literature to students and showing them God's presence in the pages.
And as I said... her resume doesn't match for the job of president. That's not her thing. But as a voice advising? With a title? While teaching or leading a department? Yes, please. Would she ever come back? No idea.
rmiller1959, Baybird liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 31st, 2023, 9:07 am ballcoach will be announced new president. He does hold similar qualifications as the current president :)
But ballcoach has a ‘military background’
LUOrange liked this
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:59 am 1400 hours, 3rd Floor Carter Tower
Confirmed. Executive leadership and deans are invited to the 3rd Floor of Carter Tower at 2 pm for the announcement of the new president. Everything else checks out - I hope the expected candidate does, too!
Baybird liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Fantastic hire. This was the ideal candidate for LU and I think he will lead LU well.

Prevo worked his way into a retirement fund. Kind of gross since his lack of oversight got us here with Jr to begin with.

But at least we now have someone who is actually qualified leading our school now. I hope this is the start of a great new era for LU.
rtb72 liked this

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.