This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 25th, 2023, 9:15 pm Emily is still in Lynchburg and it would be amazing to get her back into our administration at some point soon.

Nothing is written in stone. Just had two individuals bring up Costin's name to me in the past 48 hours. But let the record show that he would be a home run hire from my perspective. Which is why I am nervous about the announcement. :pray
It must be a Liberty thing. I heard his name from a source presumably independent of the ones here, and as much as I heartily concur that it would be a "home run hire," it's for that reason alone that I fear it won't happen. The mantra, "This is Liberty" keeps going through my head! :lol:

He would be unlike any other president we've had - rising to the rank of major general and serving on the Air Staff at the Pentagon is no small feat, even it if was as a chaplain. This is a leader, and he has the potential, if given the opportunity, to bring professionalism and gravitas to the executive suite unlike any we've seen before.
By Honest Abe
Costin has been my hope since the announced search. The man is a leader, has the academic and organizational credentials needed to do rhe job the way it needs to be done. Military background is a huge bonus. I've heard the students at CSU love him. I'm cautiously optimistic. He fits with what I heard a couple of months ago.

Board met with their preferred candidate.
Meeting happened in South Carolina.
He is not a household name.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
47/5-2 wrote: March 29th, 2023, 2:53 pm While I don't think the role of "President" fits her resume... KSP just became available, and I certainly think she could be a good fit on a leadership team. She is exactly the type of person we should have never let go (probably not the right phrase for what happened).
I believe we are going to need some board turnover before she would be brought in at the level she deserves. She made no secret that her issues were with the JLFJR and the Trump fixation our leadership had at the time.

I could certainly in a fellow role if we ever looked to change how our board and current leaders view think tanks.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 29th, 2023, 9:07 pm If KSP is leaving SEBTS because she’s unhappy being associated with the SBC, there’s no way she’s coming back here
It's more accurate to say that she's unhappy with a specific element of the SBC that has made her an avatar for everything they think is wrong with the current SBC leadership and direction and chase her wherever she goes.
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:
stokesjokes wrote: March 29th, 2023, 9:07 pm If KSP is leaving SEBTS because she’s unhappy being associated with the SBC, there’s no way she’s coming back here
It's more accurate to say that she's unhappy with a specific element of the SBC that has made her an avatar for everything they think is wrong with the current SBC leadership and direction and chase her wherever she goes.
47/5-2 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 9:00 am This is the correct take.
ECUnited liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
The only thing that bothers me about Costin is that our former AD, Jeff Barber is still employed at CSU. I believe that anyone with an ounce of discernment, should be able to see the major flaws with this guy. IMHO.
Maybe he has changed, put on a tight leash, etc. I don't know anything specific about his tenure at CSU, but I do know about his time at LU.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I don't believe anyone seriously believes she would be a candidate.

Costin inherited his AD. And CSU doesn't exactly have budget to buy out contracts. I wouldn't knock him on that point.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 30th, 2023, 6:46 pm I don't believe anyone seriously believes she would be a candidate.
Nor would she care to be. She would probably rather walk shoeless on broken glass. She's not interested in being in charge of anything - she wants to teach.
Baybird liked this
rmiller1959 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:49 pm
Sly Fox wrote: March 30th, 2023, 6:46 pm I don't believe anyone seriously believes she would be a candidate.
Nor would she care to be. She would probably rather walk shoeless on broken glass. She's not interested in being in charge of anything - she wants to teach.
It seems she’d rather be an activist
ECUnited liked this
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 30th, 2023, 9:22 pm
rmiller1959 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:49 pm
It seems she’d rather be an activist
It's probably apparent that she and I are friends, so I can confidently say that while she engages fully wherever the Lord leads her, presumably making her an activist, her greatest joy is teaching literature to students and showing them God's presence in the pages.

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.