This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tyndal23
JK37 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 7:57 am Hit it’s lowest point since …. December 2020. :lol:

It’s the very definition of a volatile investment. It always will be. Ebbs and flows will always occur with it just like other volatile but more traditional investments. It can be appropriate for an investor’s portfolio if balanced with other less volatile assets and in alignment with the investor’s risk profile.
If u believe in it, Buy it at around 13k - 12k will be the bottom. A little birdie told me...
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 8:27 pm
tyndal23 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 4:36 pm If u believe in it…
It’s not a religion.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 4:36 pm
JK37 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 7:57 am Hit it’s lowest point since …. December 2020. :lol:

It’s the very definition of a volatile investment. It always will be. Ebbs and flows will always occur with it just like other volatile but more traditional investments. It can be appropriate for an investor’s portfolio if balanced with other less volatile assets and in alignment with the investor’s risk profile.
If u believe in it, Buy it at around 13k - 12k will be the bottom. A little birdie told me...
tulipmania
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
If you haven't done so already, it might be a good idea to learn how to buy some bitcoin and take ownership of it with your own keys.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:31 pm If you haven't done so already, it might be a good idea to learn how to buy some bitcoin and take ownership of it with your own keys.
Still all Greek to me
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Honestly, unless you’re prepping for the End Times™️, bitcoin is just another stock. You buy it with real money, it goes up or down in value, and you cash it out for real money.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
The dollar's days are numbered. The realignment happening globally under Biden's watch is the most underreported, but important news of our day. In using the dollar as a weapon (diplomatically speaking), the US is pushing many countries to find an alternative currency to settle trade/commodity swaps in. In addition to what's going on with Ukraine, Russia/China joining hands and expanding the BRICS to include Saudi Arabia is scary. The rhetoric coming out of the most recent meetings between Xi and Putin is telling.

I don't know that Bitcoin really matters all that much. It's not a real store of value... but it has done the job of introducing the world to digital currencies, which makes the prospect of a one-world currency that much easier to accomplish.
TH Spangler liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 28th, 2023, 8:21 am Honestly, unless you’re prepping for the End Times™️, bitcoin is just another stock. You buy it with real money, it goes up or down in value, and you cash it out for real money.
Bitcoin is money. There is no need to cash it out. Spend it.

Real money? What is that?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 28th, 2023, 6:31 pm Spend it? You think Subway is gonna accept my bitcoin?
This is where I am at. I can’t head down to Best Buy and get a new TV using bitcoin. How would you even price goods and services with it?

Now about 15 years ago I used a music download site that used bitcoin…..wish I wouldn’t have used it to download 80’s rock awesomeness
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
The mining part makes no sense to me.

Can't blame the rest of the world for breaking away from the US dollar though. The shining city on the hill isn't so shiny anymore. Leaders have misplaced the moral compass. Dosen't surprise me, matches prophecy.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
there isn't enough BTC to go around and won't be for it to be a viable monetary source. 95% of currency traders (crypto included) are absolutely destroyed by the markets.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 29th, 2023, 6:52 am The mining part makes no sense to me.

Can't blame the rest of the world for breaking away from the US dollar though. The shining city on the hill isn't so shiny anymore. Leaders have misplaced the moral compass. Dosen't surprise me, matches prophecy.
Yeah. I don’t get that AT ALL
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
HMO was the first person that I encountered who got in early. He was mining before it was cool.

On a related note, I miss his presence around here.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
RubberMallet wrote: March 29th, 2023, 1:37 pm there isn't enough BTC to go around and won't be for it to be a viable monetary source.
How much would be enough?
probably more than 21 million.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: March 30th, 2023, 2:57 pm
SumItUp wrote:
RubberMallet wrote: March 29th, 2023, 1:37 pm there isn't enough BTC to go around and won't be for it to be a viable monetary source.
Total bitcoin supply is 21 trillion units (actually, it will just below that number). Each bitcoin includes 100 million smaller units (satoshis). At the time of its creation in 2009, 21 trillion units was roughly equivalent to the worldwide money supply.

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Bitcoin mining is the process of creating new bitcoins by solving extremely complicated math problems that verify transactions in the currency. When a bitcoin is successfully mined, the miner receives a predetermined amount of bitcoin.

https://www.bankrate.com/investing/what-is-bitcoin-mining/

:dontgetit
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
RubberMallet wrote: March 30th, 2023, 2:57 pm
SumItUp wrote: How much would be enough?
Total bitcoin supply is 21 trillion units (actually, it will just below that number). Each bitcoin includes 100 million smaller units (satoshis). At the time of its creation in 2009, 21 trillion units was roughly equivalent to the worldwide money supply.

yeah we can also create any denominator we'd like...... winkywonks! 100 million winkywonks = 1 satoshi. It doesn't matter. well over a fifth of BTC has been permanently lost. Blockchain tech is not what we had hoped. digital currency likely has a place. I would be willing to bet its not BTC that is the ultimate winner here. I hold small amounts of currency including 2 digital coins.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Meh, it doesn't really matter. The end is near! Repent sinners!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So solving story problems is worth Bitcoins ? Or Sushi’s? How do you lose them? If you have it then how do you misplace it?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:30 pm So solving story problems is worth Bitcoins ? Or Sushi’s? How do you lose them? If you have it then how do you misplace it?
You can't reset your password if you forget it

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.