If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Anyone from UCLA to UCONN or from St Mary’s to Kennedy’s St could win this year. Absolute chaos with huge early upsets!

Which means the FF will be chalk :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I only was able to watch the two games that mattered in our house: UT and A&M. But the upsets were rampant on day one. Can't wait to see what goes down today.
By LUOrange
I was disappointed that the Snake-Handling-Head-Slapping-Healers from Tulsa got beat by the Dookies last night. Tonight I'll be rooting for that online diploma mill fake school from Phoenix and maybe that public school in Richmond. Oh, and I'll be hoping that Kenny State gets steamrolled. Like the ASUCk, I'll reseed for the Round of 32.
JK37 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 18th, 2022, 10:26 am Now, Purdue being Purdue will look great…..and then loose to The Archbishop of Canterbury Tech in the Elite 8 because for some reason they are cursed never to make another Final Four let alone Championship Game :lol: 8)
From the college basketball thread earlier in the year. Off by a couple of rounds, but the idea was there.
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 18th, 2023, 9:46 am But UVA will always be the first #1 seed to lose to a 16.
OLD news. LIke Ballcoach OLD. What did VT do at the tournament 5 years ago? They had 10 fewers wins than the Hoos and also LOST in the FIRST Round. :fineprint

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%8 ... tball_team
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Remember when I said UConn looked like the best team in the country?

Through three games, their average margin of victory is over 20 points
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 9:39 pm Remember when I said UConn looked like the best team in the country?

I was trying to remember who said that. You are certainly being proven right so far
Tennessee makes me sore after watching them. They bump and push and hold……and get away with it. It’s like watching New York Knick basketball in the 90’s
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 9:39 pm Remember when I said UConn looked like the best team in the country?

I knew you’d be back. :roll:

I put them in my final four. It’s still Bama’s tourney to lose.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 11:07 pm Tennessee makes me sore after watching them. They bump and push and hold……and get away with it. It’s like watching New York Knick basketball in the 90’s
Apparently while bumping and pushing and holding they forgot they also need to be able to shoot the ball. Glad to see them go down.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 1:08 am

Remind me what happened when they played head to head this year
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: March 24th, 2023, 7:24 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 11:07 pm Tennessee makes me sore after watching them. They bump and push and hold……and get away with it. It’s like watching New York Knick basketball in the 90’s
Apparently while bumping and pushing and holding they forgot they also need to be able to shoot the ball. Glad to see them go down.
:D :D Much like the Knicks of the 90’s
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 24th, 2023, 8:26 am Unabashed Rick Barnes fan checking in. But I agree that was ugly basketball.
He’s the perfect basketball coach for a football team
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Should have worried about the actual shooter as opposed to firing a cheap shot

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 1:08 am

And they quickly show themselves the door..
Last edited by flamehunter on March 24th, 2023, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stokesjokes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
When was the last Final Four with no #1 seeds?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:00 pm never been an elite eight without 1 seeds
I’m curious about this too. We are quickly headed in that direction.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I like Jim Calhoun. I like Kemba Walker. I picked UConn in my final four this year. I like Geno and Diana. They’re in my final four there too.

But every UConn fan I’ve ever known is a complete tool. We get it: they play great basketball in the Nutmeg State. What is this inferiority complex all of them seem to have? :dontgetit
Last edited by JK37 on March 24th, 2023, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:02 pm
Purple Haize wrote: March 24th, 2023, 8:59 pm When was the last Final Four with no #1 seeds?
2011. Guess who won, I bet @JK37 knows the answer
You said there has never been an Elite 8 without #1 seeds. So that would mean never a Final Four without one
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]