This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Great win over a very strong ODU team on the road last night. Our strength of schedule has been good enough so that even with our 9-11 record we are 74th in the RPI.

Next up is Austin Peay. They are 2-1 in the ASUN.
Baybird, AATL liked this
By AATL
Jaylen Guy is raking, amplified by the fact that he's fast enough to stretch so many balls in the outfield into doubles. It was good to see Trey Carter get so much time on the mound last night. His stuff looked really good.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We are hitting the ball all over the yard and Horn is shoving. We’re kicking butt here in game 1.
AATL, Baybird liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I said this last week too but we are gunna win a lot of baseball games on Friday with Horn….Saturday and Sunday on the other hand will be absolute crap shoots. We put an 8 spot in the first but it’s currently 8-6 top 4 AP has the bases loaded an no one out. Jackson left Gainey in there too long.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
11-8 AP going to the bottom of the 4th. There was a good bit of drama with 3 guys from AP being thrown out (pitcher, catcher, head coach) and it has there team all kinds of fired up and ready to play now. And unless I’m mistaken from everything I can gather the drama started with Keeter, a .150 hitter with 1 homerun chirping to the AP bench after a homerun….make it make sense.
LU 57 liked this
By AATL
Credit to Austin Peay.. even with some bad defensive gaffes, a sudden pitching change due to injury, and a sudden pitching AND catching change due to ejection, their arms have come in cold and held the Flames to five hits.
By LU 57
aredd33 wrote: March 25th, 2023, 3:53 pm 11-8 AP going to the bottom of the 4th. There was a good bit of drama with 3 guys from AP being thrown out (pitcher, catcher, head coach) and it has there team all kinds of fired up and ready to play now. And unless I’m mistaken from everything I can gather the drama started with Keeter, a .150 hitter with 1 homerun chirping to the AP bench after a homerun….make it make sense.
I was thinking the same thing. I would have taken him out. Ridiculous response. Act like you have done it before.

I always like watching those teams that hit a lot of home runs and act like it’s no big deal.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I can’t believe Keeter just did that. Grand slam bottom 8. Tied 15-15
By LU 57
aredd33 wrote: March 25th, 2023, 5:26 pm I can’t believe Keeter just did that. Grand slam bottom 8. Tied 15-15
1 of 1,000 reasons I am not the manager. Haha.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Really bad call to give anyone an IBB in such a high scoring game. Terrible decision.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: March 25th, 2023, 5:49 pm Really bad call to give anyone an IBB in such a high scoring game. Terrible decision.
I really like Jackson a lot but bunting and IBBs actively hurt the team and lower win expectancy but he sticks with it…horrible decision.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Pathetic performance. 18-15 is never a sign of a well played game.
ballcoach15 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
One of the most entertaining, intense college games I've ever seen. 3 ejections for intentionally hitting a batter. Umps had their hands full all day.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We win the series…I’ll take it. Great comeback win today.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 25th, 2023, 9:03 pm One of the most entertaining, intense college games I've ever seen. 3 ejections for intentionally hitting a batter. Umps had their hands full all day.
AP manager is my hero. Arguing with the ump while chugging a 2-liter of Mountain Dew. #WhackJob
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]