This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
#651568
It is always sad when sudden medical events happen, but what good does it do to throw this into the covid discussion so prematurely?
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#651577
thepostman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 1:11 pm It is always sad when sudden medical events happen, but what good does it do to throw this into the covid discussion so prematurely?
Because there is apparently growing anecdotal evidence that the Pfizer and Moderna shots are having long term implications on otherwise healthy folks. Does this incident rise to that level? I dunno.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#651578
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 5:18 pm
thepostman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 1:11 pm It is always sad when sudden medical events happen, but what good does it do to throw this into the covid discussion so prematurely?
Because there is apparently growing anecdotal evidence that the Pfizer and Moderna shots are having long term implications on otherwise healthy folks. Does this incident rise to that level? I dunno.
I really hope not. I shared it here because I value hearing from others. I'm concerned.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
#651579
But we have much better evidence that COVID itself can cause long-term heart damage and chronic conditions, why is the speculation only ever about the vaccine?
ATrain liked this
User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
#651580
TH Spangler wrote: February 7th, 2023, 6:22 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 5:18 pm
thepostman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 1:11 pm It is always sad when sudden medical events happen, but what good does it do to throw this into the covid discussion so prematurely?
Because there is apparently growing anecdotal evidence that the Pfizer and Moderna shots are having long term implications on otherwise healthy folks. Does this incident rise to that level? I dunno.
I really hope not. I shared it here because I value hearing from others. I'm concerned.
Do you really hope not??? From my perspective you're just simply throwing crap against the wall hoping it sticks. It's weird behavior.

I do hope you're friend is ok. That is pretty scary regardless of the reason.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#651581
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 6:25 pm But we have much better evidence that COVID itself can cause long-term heart damage and chronic conditions, why is the speculation only ever about the vaccine?
Because the vaccines were aggressively marketed as ‘safe and effective’. I don’t think COVID ever was. Further, despite a mountain of evidence young people were forced to take a vaccine against an illness that would have little if any long term effects on them.
So. Healthy 25 yo w/o vaccine but COVID would be fine. The fact that a bunch of otherwise healthy people are apparently experiencing adverse events is something that should be investigated. Drugs have been taken off the market for less.
flamehunter, rtb72 liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
#651582
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 6:25 pm But we have much better evidence that COVID itself can cause long-term heart damage and chronic conditions, why is the speculation only ever about the vaccine?
Because the vaccine could have been prevented. And it's looking more and more like it really did little good for the most part. Lots of anecdotal evidence from people I know - those who had the vaccine, those who didn't. Some of both groups have died, some of both have suffered long COVID, some of both have only had mild cases, and some of both have not had it at all.
That's why.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
#651583
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:16 pm Healthy 25 yo w/o vaccine but COVID would be fine. The fact that a bunch of otherwise healthy people are apparently experiencing adverse events is something that should be investigated.
My point is that this is very much not true. A seemingly healthy 25 year old with no vaccine gets COVID and is at risk of permanent heart damage from the infection itself. That’s an established reality well beyond anecdotal speculation about the vax. Anyone who gets COVID is at risk for permanent damage to multiple systems. Those who want to blame the vax for everything seem to ignore that.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
#651584
flamehunter wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:17 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 6:25 pm But we have much better evidence that COVID itself can cause long-term heart damage and chronic conditions, why is the speculation only ever about the vaccine?
Because the vaccine could have been prevented. And it's looking more and more like it really did little good for the most part. Lots of anecdotal evidence from people I know - those who had the vaccine, those who didn't. Some of both groups have died, some of both have suffered long COVID, some of both have only had mild cases, and some of both have not had it at all.
That's why.
There’s many studies suggesting the opposite. If we had widespread, early adoption when the vaccine was more effective (before the variants made it less effective), hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved. I don’t dispute that it’s not as effective no, the time when it would have been most effective has long since passed.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#651585
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:56 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:16 pm Healthy 25 yo w/o vaccine but COVID would be fine. The fact that a bunch of otherwise healthy people are apparently experiencing adverse events is something that should be investigated.
My point is that this is very much not true. A seemingly healthy 25 year old with no vaccine gets COVID and is at risk of permanent heart damage from the infection itself. That’s an established reality well beyond anecdotal speculation about the vax. Anyone who gets COVID is at risk for permanent damage to multiple systems. Those who want to blame the vax for everything seem to ignore that.
I’m sorry but you are wrong. While they are at risk it is no more risk than coming down with pneumonia.
You always have to weigh risk/benefit in these situations. An absolutely legitimate question can be raised about that in the younger population. Having had COVID and living with someone who had it , I have 0 desire to get another shot. I would not have gotten one to begin with other than I wanted to travel. But having gotten through COVID and having nasty SE’s with the shot, neither myself nor people in my household will be getting another. We also just hope we don’t see any long term effects or sudden fatal ones pop up from the vaccine
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#651586
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:03 pm
flamehunter wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:17 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 6:25 pm But we have much better evidence that COVID itself can cause long-term heart damage and chronic conditions, why is the speculation only ever about the vaccine?
Because the vaccine could have been prevented. And it's looking more and more like it really did little good for the most part. Lots of anecdotal evidence from people I know - those who had the vaccine, those who didn't. Some of both groups have died, some of both have suffered long COVID, some of both have only had mild cases, and some of both have not had it at all.
That's why.
There’s many studies suggesting the opposite. If we had widespread, early adoption when the vaccine was more effective (before the variants made it less effective), hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved. I don’t dispute that it’s not as effective no, the time when it would have been most effective has long since passed.
This data suggests otherwise. I don’t understand the near militant resistance into investigating these types of numbers.

https://euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps
flamehunter liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
#651587
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:04 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:56 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:16 pm Healthy 25 yo w/o vaccine but COVID would be fine. The fact that a bunch of otherwise healthy people are apparently experiencing adverse events is something that should be investigated.
My point is that this is very much not true. A seemingly healthy 25 year old with no vaccine gets COVID and is at risk of permanent heart damage from the infection itself. That’s an established reality well beyond anecdotal speculation about the vax. Anyone who gets COVID is at risk for permanent damage to multiple systems. Those who want to blame the vax for everything seem to ignore that.
I’m sorry but you are wrong. While they are at risk it is no more risk than coming down with pneumonia.
You always have to weigh risk/benefit in these situations. An absolutely legitimate question can be raised about that in the younger population. Having had COVID and living with someone who had it , I have 0 desire to get another shot. I would not have gotten one to begin with other than I wanted to travel. But having gotten through COVID and having nasty SE’s with the shot, neither myself nor people in my household will be getting another. We also just hope we don’t see any long term effects or sudden fatal ones pop up from the vaccine
Wrong about what? Does COVID not cause heart damage? And if you were to find out you had permanent heart damage, how would you know it was the vaccine and not your COVID infection? We’ve got a well established connection for one and a tenuous connection for the other.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
#651588
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:10 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:03 pm
flamehunter wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:17 pm
Because the vaccine could have been prevented. And it's looking more and more like it really did little good for the most part. Lots of anecdotal evidence from people I know - those who had the vaccine, those who didn't. Some of both groups have died, some of both have suffered long COVID, some of both have only had mild cases, and some of both have not had it at all.
That's why.
There’s many studies suggesting the opposite. If we had widespread, early adoption when the vaccine was more effective (before the variants made it less effective), hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved. I don’t dispute that it’s not as effective no, the time when it would have been most effective has long since passed.
This data suggests otherwise. I don’t understand the near militant resistance into investigating these types of numbers.

https://euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps
What am I supposed to be looking at here?
User avatar
By LU 57
Posts
#651589
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:03 pm
flamehunter wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:17 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 6:25 pm But we have much better evidence that COVID itself can cause long-term heart damage and chronic conditions, why is the speculation only ever about the vaccine?
Because the vaccine could have been prevented. And it's looking more and more like it really did little good for the most part. Lots of anecdotal evidence from people I know - those who had the vaccine, those who didn't. Some of both groups have died, some of both have suffered long COVID, some of both have only had mild cases, and some of both have not had it at all.
That's why.
There’s many studies suggesting the opposite. If we had widespread, early adoption when the vaccine was more effective (before the variants made it less effective), hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved. I don’t dispute that it’s not as effective no, the time when it would have been most effective has long since passed.
:roll: Even Bill Gates said the vaccines did not work as advertised.

It amazes me that you will not even consider that the vaxes are contributing to the massive increase in excess death.

That’s a lot of faith in a company (and an industry) with such a checkered past as Pfizer.
User avatar
By LU 57
Posts
#651591
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:54 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:04 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:56 pm

My point is that this is very much not true. A seemingly healthy 25 year old with no vaccine gets COVID and is at risk of permanent heart damage from the infection itself. That’s an established reality well beyond anecdotal speculation about the vax. Anyone who gets COVID is at risk for permanent damage to multiple systems. Those who want to blame the vax for everything seem to ignore that.
I’m sorry but you are wrong. While they are at risk it is no more risk than coming down with pneumonia.
You always have to weigh risk/benefit in these situations. An absolutely legitimate question can be raised about that in the younger population. Having had COVID and living with someone who had it , I have 0 desire to get another shot. I would not have gotten one to begin with other than I wanted to travel. But having gotten through COVID and having nasty SE’s with the shot, neither myself nor people in my household will be getting another. We also just hope we don’t see any long term effects or sudden fatal ones pop up from the vaccine
Wrong about what? Does COVID not cause heart damage? And if you were to find out you had permanent heart damage, how would you know it was the vaccine and not your COVID infection? We’ve got a well established connection for one and a tenuous connection for the other.
Do you know of even one athlete (or otherwise young and healthy person) that has either died, had a heart attack or a stroke that came out as unvaccinated? I have not heard of any.
Purple Haize liked this
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#651595
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:54 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:04 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:56 pm

My point is that this is very much not true. A seemingly healthy 25 year old with no vaccine gets COVID and is at risk of permanent heart damage from the infection itself. That’s an established reality well beyond anecdotal speculation about the vax. Anyone who gets COVID is at risk for permanent damage to multiple systems. Those who want to blame the vax for everything seem to ignore that.
I’m sorry but you are wrong. While they are at risk it is no more risk than coming down with pneumonia.
You always have to weigh risk/benefit in these situations. An absolutely legitimate question can be raised about that in the younger population. Having had COVID and living with someone who had it , I have 0 desire to get another shot. I would not have gotten one to begin with other than I wanted to travel. But having gotten through COVID and having nasty SE’s with the shot, neither myself nor people in my household will be getting another. We also just hope we don’t see any long term effects or sudden fatal ones pop up from the vaccine
Wrong about what? Does COVID not cause heart damage? And if you were to find out you had permanent heart damage, how would you know it was the vaccine and not your COVID infection? We’ve got a well established connection for one and a tenuous connection for the other.
I’ve had COVID twice. My heart is fine. COULD COVID cause heart damage? Sure. So could pneumonia.
It’s that ‘tenuous’ connection that needs to be looked at. Why? Because these vaccines were aggressively marketed as ‘safe and effective’. We already know they are not as effective as they thought. Now events are unfolding that put the safety into question.
LU 57 liked this
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#651598
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:54 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:10 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:03 pm

There’s many studies suggesting the opposite. If we had widespread, early adoption when the vaccine was more effective (before the variants made it less effective), hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved. I don’t dispute that it’s not as effective no, the time when it would have been most effective has long since passed.
This data suggests otherwise. I don’t understand the near militant resistance into investigating these types of numbers.

https://euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps
What am I supposed to be looking at here?
Highly vaccinated and early adopting countryside’s and the excess death rate post vaccine.
User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
#651601
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:39 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:54 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:04 pm

I’m sorry but you are wrong. While they are at risk it is no more risk than coming down with pneumonia.
You always have to weigh risk/benefit in these situations. An absolutely legitimate question can be raised about that in the younger population. Having had COVID and living with someone who had it , I have 0 desire to get another shot. I would not have gotten one to begin with other than I wanted to travel. But having gotten through COVID and having nasty SE’s with the shot, neither myself nor people in my household will be getting another. We also just hope we don’t see any long term effects or sudden fatal ones pop up from the vaccine
Wrong about what? Does COVID not cause heart damage? And if you were to find out you had permanent heart damage, how would you know it was the vaccine and not your COVID infection? We’ve got a well established connection for one and a tenuous connection for the other.
I’ve had COVID twice. My heart is fine. COULD COVID cause heart damage? Sure. So could pneumonia.
It’s that ‘tenuous’ connection that needs to be looked at. Why? Because these vaccines were aggressively marketed as ‘safe and effective’. We already know they are not as effective as they thought. Now events are unfolding that put the safety into question.
Wait so if I've had the vaccine and haven't dropped dead then I shokld dismiss any and all studies? Right? :D
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
#651603
LU 57 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:00 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:54 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:04 pm

I’m sorry but you are wrong. While they are at risk it is no more risk than coming down with pneumonia.
You always have to weigh risk/benefit in these situations. An absolutely legitimate question can be raised about that in the younger population. Having had COVID and living with someone who had it , I have 0 desire to get another shot. I would not have gotten one to begin with other than I wanted to travel. But having gotten through COVID and having nasty SE’s with the shot, neither myself nor people in my household will be getting another. We also just hope we don’t see any long term effects or sudden fatal ones pop up from the vaccine
Wrong about what? Does COVID not cause heart damage? And if you were to find out you had permanent heart damage, how would you know it was the vaccine and not your COVID infection? We’ve got a well established connection for one and a tenuous connection for the other.
Do you know of even one athlete (or otherwise young and healthy person) that has either died, had a heart attack or a stroke that came out as unvaccinated? I have not heard of any.
I have never seen any reports of an athlete's death that includes vaccination status either way, only speculation. I do have some stats on post-COVID heart conditions:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00403-0

Here's myocarditis rates for student athletes post-COVID, pre-vaccine:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33443537/

Heart attack and stroke deaths rose sharply in 2020, before the vaccine was available:
https://www.heart.org/en/news/2023/01/2 ... 9-pandemic


and PH, I can't make heads or tails of that Euromomo site, but here's a fun read from the good ol' US of A:
https://www.nber.org/papers/w30512
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#651609
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:22 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:39 pm I’ve had COVID twice. My heart is fine.
So you're saying you've had the vaccine and your heart is fine? 8)
Had COVID before the vaccine and again about a year later after my second shot. I did JnJ so I’m not as worried because they already pulled it once, looked at the risk and put it back out there.
Last edited by Purple Haize on February 7th, 2023, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#651610
thepostman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:25 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:39 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:54 pm

Wrong about what? Does COVID not cause heart damage? And if you were to find out you had permanent heart damage, how would you know it was the vaccine and not your COVID infection? We’ve got a well established connection for one and a tenuous connection for the other.
I’ve had COVID twice. My heart is fine. COULD COVID cause heart damage? Sure. So could pneumonia.
It’s that ‘tenuous’ connection that needs to be looked at. Why? Because these vaccines were aggressively marketed as ‘safe and effective’. We already know they are not as effective as they thought. Now events are unfolding that put the safety into question.
Wait so if I've had the vaccine and haven't dropped dead then I shokld dismiss any and all studies? Right? :D
If you remember the rhetoric of the COVID days everyone was going to die of COVID. Then everyone was going to die of COVID if they didn’t get the vaccine and medical care should only be reserved for those who did. Then you were killing your Granny and your neighbor if you did t get the shot, even though they got the shot
Now, the vaccine is supposed to ‘lessen the effects’ of COVID but that cardiovascular or pulmonary problem you might have isn’t a big deal…l.cause you got vaccinated
LU 57, flamehunter liked this
  • 1
  • 82
  • 83
  • 84
  • 85
  • 86
Shohei Ohtani

I hope he bats .050 in Los Angeles . He should h[…]

That’s cause I was THERE in Gods Cou[…]

GCU

I hate to say it, but I think this is as far […]

Bowl Prediction 23

Come on guys, don't believe the LIBERAL MEDIA when[…]