Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Dang - I think he's shifty enough and he has really reliable hands (esp on PR/KR). I don't recall seeing him muff punts. All that to say, I think his draft stock could climb with another year at LU. Especially if we can get more reliable QB play.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 21st, 2022, 3:48 pm He's maybe a 5th rounder at best right now. He should stay and put up more stats before going pro
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/De ... WR-Liberty

You might be right. Maybe not even that high.

I figured he would transfer to prove he can do it against better competition. Surely a P5 somewhere would be glad to have him.
Tnobes liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
He should 100% stay. There is NO way he gets drafted. BUT, after a great year next season with more dependable QB play - who knows...
Tnobes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully he doesn’t sign with an agent and is just testing the waters. Otherwise this is a devastating life decision
By LUOrange
He's better off playing out his eligibility. He's definitely a late round pick in the best case scenario and then even getting drafted, his ability to make a roster isn't real high. That goes for most players, but especially kids from the G5 level. There's no better example than AGG, who was a better receiver albeit obviously a different type. Again, he's better off using up his eligibility in hopes to improve his draft stock but also to play as long as he can.
Last edited by LUOrange on December 22nd, 2022, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tnobes liked this
By Tnobes
He gets drafted and is cut or doesn't get drafted at all and it's going to be sad his playing career is over. Better off playing another year MINIMUM or 2. Your college years fly by and they are gone and your opportunities to play football don't last forever. I think he's making a mistake but hopefully it works out for him
LUOrange liked this
By LU 57
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:09 pm I heard from some sources that he was told not to play. He dominated the entire week of practice and coaches/scouts had seen enough that he was advised there was no reason to risk injury. This almost guarantees that he will be drafted.
Good stuff. Thanks for the update. Does seem to fit the Patriots mold of undersized shifty slot guys.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:09 pm I heard from some sources that he was told not to play. He dominated the entire week of practice and coaches/scouts had seen enough that he was advised there was no reason to risk injury. This almost guarantees that he will be drafted.
Worst advice ever.... Still will have a lot of question marks, and a good game would have pushed him up. Practice won't do enough to gamble one of a team's picks.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: February 4th, 2023, 10:34 am
Worst advice ever.... Still will have a lot of question marks, and a good game would have pushed him up. Practice won't do enough to gamble one of a team's picks.
I dunno. If I’m him I take the advice of the highly trained professionals with years of experience in his particular field of endeavor
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 4th, 2023, 1:23 pm
prototype wrote: February 4th, 2023, 10:34 am
I dunno. If I’m him I take the advice of the highly trained professionals with years of experience in his particular field of endeavor
Probably right, but we just can't believe it better to get chosen to play in a game like this and then after practice - you're like "nah - thanks for the practice and invite" I'm going to sit out because I ran great drills this week. Only scenario I sit for would be that the Falcons promised to draft him... But even with that - I would trust them.
By AATL
Yesterday was pass catcher day at the combine. Douglas posted the following:
40-Yard Dash: 4.44 (Top WR: 4.22)
10-Yard Split: 1.54 (Top WR: 1.43)
Vertical Jump: 39.5" (Top WR: 45")
Broad Jump: 11'2" (Top WR: 11'9")
20-Yard Shuttle: 4.29 (Top WR: 3.81)
Sly Fox, CCWMichael, Baybird liked this
Pop showed very well at the combine. His best bet to make a 53 man roster is going to be as a kick returner...but I think with measurables like that he can keep himself on a roster as a receiver and a kick returner
Baybird liked this
By tyndal23
BJWilliams wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:22 pm Pop showed very well at the combine. His best bet to make a 53 man roster is going to be as a kick returner...but I think with measurables like that he can keep himself on a roster as a receiver and a kick returner
Will be the best slot in the NFL if He goes to Patriots.
jmclaughlin liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]