Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Hope I'm not opening a can of worms here, but I would covet a Church recommendation for Sundays when I come to Lynchburg for Saturday games. The wife and I used to love going to Sunday services at the Vine Center before that practice changed and we would like to find a casual dress, great worship, Bible teaching service to attend before our trek home on those Sundays. We attend an awesome Church led by several Liberty Alums in Raleigh and thought perhaps some of the astute on this board may be able to help. Thanks in advance.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Pastor Pillow has some incredibly moving sermons at Bedside Baptist. It’s right there on Sheets lane
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 28th, 2023, 2:04 pm Pastor Pillow has some incredibly moving sermons at Bedside Baptist. It’s right there on Sheets lane
Except there is too much of an emphasis on St. Mattress of the Springs!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: January 28th, 2023, 2:07 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 28th, 2023, 2:04 pm Pastor Pillow has some incredibly moving sermons at Bedside Baptist. It’s right there on Sheets lane
It’s better when he focuses on the Book of Sleep Numbers
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 28th, 2023, 2:26 pm
Chippy wrote: January 28th, 2023, 2:07 pm
It’s better when he focuses on the Book of Sleep Numbers
Definitely! By the way would this be Pastor M.Y. Pillow? I'm only asking because I may know him personally.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Racenut wrote: January 28th, 2023, 5:27 pm Just as I expected, intellectually AND spiritually vacant responses!
We aim to please!
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’ll plug my church community- https://bedrocklynchburg.com/

We are currently meeting at Linkhorne Middle while we renovate the building by the Y express. Casual dress, good worship that’s not very showy, and we preach through the Bible a book at a time. Current series is 1 Corinthians. It skews younger, but I think most churches in Lynchburg probably do, especially when the students are in town.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Gospel Community Rivermont: historic red brick church building that resembles a castle located near downtown with pastors in their 30s who are LU alumni. Most of the congregation are either LU alumni or LU students with a few old guys like myself mixed in. I'd even invite you to my Sunday school class (and my tailgate before the game).

https://gospelcc.org/locations
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:36 pm No mentions of Celtic candlelight services, CJ? Your game is slipping.
Sadly, no. Crybaby When the two churches merged four years ago, we lost our Soul Cafe coffee bar (now called Cafe and Connect), our choir robes and hymnals, and even our Celtic Christian service (and our Celtic Christmas Eve service).
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Sly Fox wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:36 pm No mentions of Celtic candlelight services, CJ? Your game is slipping.
Sadly, no. Crybaby When the two churches merged four years ago, we lost our Soul Cafe coffee bar (now called Cafe and Connect), our choir robes and hymnals, and even our Celtic Christian service (and our Celtic Christmas Eve service).
Cider - I was married in that church almost 23 years ago. The thing that hooked us on that church when we visited was the Celtic Christian service (and Pastor Jim at the time). The Christmas Eve service was awesome. We were very close to Pastor Jeff... unfortunately, we moved out of town around the same time as Jim (and before Jeff passed). You must have been there at that time.
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
47/5-2 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 8:21 pm
Cider - I was married in that church almost 23 years ago. The thing that hooked us on that church when we visited was the Celtic Christian service (and Pastor Jim at the time). The Christmas Eve service was awesome. We were very close to Pastor Jeff... unfortunately, we moved out of town around the same time as Jim (and before Jeff passed). You must have been there at that time.
Just sent you a PM about Jeff and Rivermont.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Hyland Heights Baptist. Take 29 south, it's on the left after you leave the city limits.
JK37 liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
We used to go to TRBC but moved to Waymaker church a few years ago. We love it and love the teaching, community, worship, etc. Our kids love it as well! https://waymaker.church/

Honestly, if you're just looking at a church to stop by every now and again for a home game and not for long-term membership, there are a lot of good options. Where do you stay when you're in town for games?
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]