If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
How is it that a country of less than four million squeezed in between the Adriatic and the Alps can manage to get into the final four of the largest sporting event on the planet? Oh yeah, they produce a ton of great basketball talent as well. There must be something in that air. It has been on my personal bucket list for years but now I am even more intrigued.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
It's not even like it's a fluke, they've been consistently good for a long time. They were 3rd in 98.
By Ill flame
It kind of reminds me how Aruba and curacao which has a combined population of about 300,000 has single handedly helped the Netherlands to a top 4 finish in the last two world baseball classics. Some countries are just really good at certain sports which is always fun to see.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I haven’t posted much since the beginning but this has been an absolutely incredible World Cup Never seen anything like it. The Argentina game was heated and exciting! Croatia and Brazil was shocking but boring. Croatia just seems to play for Shoot outs.
Grudge matches tomorrow so they should be fun!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
We see you Morocco! Love their coach. He so fired up!

France just looks unbeatable
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I was thinking the opposite re:France. Lots of boneheaded stuff on defense. I don’t think Morocco will challenge their defense nearly as much as England though.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 18th, 2022, 11:26 am Another boneheaded play in the back from France gives Argentina the early lead
That second goal was a thing of beauty from start to finish.
Brilliant move starting DiMaria this game. Putting experience on the field first paid off. First with the penalty then with putting the second goal in the back of the net. A less experienced player might have panicked and blew that shot
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Argentina has looked incredible and France looks shook. I worry that Argentina is taking their foot off the gas too early.
Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 18th, 2022, 12:19 pm Argentina has looked incredible and France looks shook. I worry that Argentina is taking their foot off the gas too early.
Well, that may have been the case. At least it's exciting now.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Obviously momentum is on the side of France. But...it's soccer... Anything can happen.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
My wife jinxed it. She said ‘looks like Argentina is going to win’.
Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 18th, 2022, 1:10 pm My wife jinxed it. She said ‘looks like Argentina is going to win’.
My son did the same but he wanted France to win so his was intentional.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 18th, 2022, 1:48 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 18th, 2022, 1:10 pm My wife jinxed it. She said ‘looks like Argentina is going to win’.
My son did the same but he wanted France to win so his was intentional.
I guess we unjinxed it. Hate to see either team lose that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Best. World Cup Final Ever. I’m exhausted! Argentina just could never shut the door. Penalty Kicks are an absolutely phenomenal way to settle a game. So tense. The drama is amazing
I just wish we had UK announcers doing the game. Those guys are awesome
stokesjokes liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I think even YOU could’ve found excitement in this soccer match, BC. Six goals + PK’s!
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]