Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Chippy wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:24 pm
Liberty_2023 wrote: December 7th, 2022, 7:50 pm Does anyone know who is calling the offense for the bowl game?
FWIW Coach K is the only one I'm aware of who has OC in his background.
I thought he retired? Although I’m sure he will be at some games in Cameron this year
Based on some tweets I've seen from recruits, it looks like Austen and Harris are still around and helping Chadwell with recruiting. My guess is there is an agreement with HF for them to stay here til after the bowl game before joining him at Auburn, which would answer the question about who will call the plays.
flamehunter, Cider Jim liked this
rtb72 wrote: December 7th, 2022, 1:35 pm
Cider Jim wrote: December 7th, 2022, 12:59 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2022, 11:27 am I can drive down, spend 2 nights in hotel, go to Flame Club pre game meal, stop at Burger King a couple of times, and return for approximately $375.00.
Ballcoach, my sources say a decent hotel in that area runs $400 to $500 a night. Have you found something much cheaper than that?
We got what looks like a nice room at the Hyatt for $207. It's right by Mizner Park and close to restaurants, etc. Fairly close to FAU as well. Looks like easy travel to and from stadium.
Great location. Plenty of places to dine and shop within walking distance. Beach is right at the end of Palmetto Park. You could walk to the stadium but that would take 30-40 minutes. For those driving directly to the stadium off of I95. You might consider the Spanish River Road exit instead of Glades Rd. Alot of construction at Glades/95, they are redoing the exits. Watch out for the crazy drivers- there's been a large influx of new residents
plus you've got the traditional snowbirds that visit for the Winter. I've been to most of the Boca Raton Bowls , put kids through FAU, and lived in the area for a long time. Got any pertinent questions I'll try to answer them for you. :football
flamehunter, Liberty22, LU 57 and 1 others liked this
I have never seen a player so thoroughly disrespected for no reason as I have in JB. It’s absolutely a travesty he’s not starting this game. Then comes in with 8 seconds left. Good riddance to this coaching staff
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 10:01 pm Bennett may start 2nd half. 30 yards passing in a half is pitiful, no matter who is at QB.
Salter is doing fine. No fumbles, no interceptions, and LU is leading. His passes are high percentage short passes, and Salter has even done okay running the ball. Keep Salter in for the second half. Our defense is keeping us in the game.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 9:45 pm Thoughts so far? 7-3 flames lead.
Yawn fest. The fact that we’re struggling with Toledo tells all you need to know about the state of affairs of our program. Can’t wait for next year
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 10:33 pm There’s the Salter we all remember.
Seems like someone in the coaching staff would’ve mentioned to him it’s bad to fumble.
Liberty22 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 20th, 2022, 9:57 pm I have never seen a player so thoroughly disrespected for no reason as I have in JB. It’s absolutely a travesty he’s not starting this game. Then comes in with 8 seconds left. Good riddance to this coaching staff
Putting him in to take the knee was really WEIRD!
Liberty22 liked this
Cider Jim wrote: December 20th, 2022, 10:11 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 10:01 pm Bennett may start 2nd half. 30 yards passing in a half is pitiful, no matter who is at QB.
Salter is doing fine. No fumbles, no interceptions, and LU is leading. His passes are high percentage short passes, and Salter has even done okay running the ball. Keep Salter in for the second half. Our defense is keeping us in the game.
This hasn’t aged well

According to the announcers he hasn’t completed a pass since the 1st quarter.

Putting JB in for 8 seconds was just insulting. This kid has done EVERYTHING asked and succeeded. Salter continues his failure
JK37 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 10:35 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 20th, 2022, 9:57 pm I have never seen a player so thoroughly disrespected for no reason as I have in JB. It’s absolutely a travesty he’s not starting this game. Then comes in with 8 seconds left. Good riddance to this coaching staff
Putting him in to take the knee was really WEIRD!
It was a slap in the face and very unprofessional
jmclaughlin wrote: December 20th, 2022, 10:39 pm Salter is hard to watch. You see potential while also watching what failed potential looks like
Meanwhile you’ve got a proven entity taking a knee to close out the half.
jmclaughlin liked this

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]