Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
Posts
#649384
Humble_Opinion wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:20 pm From an impact standpoint, losing Walker is pretty big. I just can't figure out why he would leave. It can't be because of playing time. The D played different when he was on the field.
NIL - Symons - SMU offered immediately - he is P5 caliber but wouldn’t be shocked if SMU reached out with NIL teaser to get him in portal. He should hold out for a bit, may get an Auburn offer as well. Big loss for LU. The rest really aren’t a big deal.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
#649388
tyndal23 wrote: December 8th, 2022, 12:47 am
Humble_Opinion wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:20 pm From an impact standpoint, losing Walker is pretty big. I just can't figure out why he would leave. It can't be because of playing time. The D played different when he was on the field.
NIL - Symons - SMU offered immediately - he is P5 caliber but wouldn’t be shocked if SMU reached out with NIL teaser to get him in portal. He should hold out for a bit, may get an Auburn offer as well. Big loss for LU. The rest really aren’t a big deal.
Pretty much agree, although Butler had developed into a pretty solid rotational player in the interior DL, and we are not deep there. Hopefully we will pick someone up.
User avatar
By LUOrange
Posts
#649672
Sings was one of my favorite defensive players, so losing him stinks. Hopefully, he'll change his mind. Fortunately, if he does in fact go we still have some studs from the 22 Class that red-shirted that can step up. The concern will be with our depth.
AATL liked this
By Tnobes
Posts
#649699
With durell graduating and sings transferring, it's time for Khristian Zachery to step up Big time to his 4 star ranking and live up to what nick Saban saw in him
By tyndal23
Posts
#649702
Sings is a starter in PAC 12, Big 12 and a rotational player SEC type talent. Crazy how high level and deep our D Line was vs rest of our groups. We nailed it every year on inside LB with transfer portal, did a good job in secondary - but our D Line under Freeze was crazy good. Very hard in most P5 much less G5 level - watching them destroy ( at the time ) # 1 rated O Line of Arkansas was pure bliss.
LUOrange liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
#649706
tyndal23 wrote:Sings is a starter in PAC 12, Big 12 and a rotational player SEC type talent. Crazy how high level and deep our D Line was vs rest of our groups. We nailed it every year on inside LB with transfer portal, did a good job in secondary - but our D Line under Freeze was crazy good. Very hard in most P5 much less G5 level - watching them destroy ( at the time ) # 1 rated O Line of Arkansas was pure bliss.
Those guys were recruited/coached by Aldridge. Going to suck to lose him. We won a lot of games this year because of our domination up front.
By Tnobes
Posts
#649973
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 20th, 2022, 11:59 pm I love how you call it a sinking ship when you have zero ideas how the next season will go. It is one loss and yes we lost 4 straight seasons but that in no way defines Liberty Football as a sinking ship.
What have you seen in the last 4 games that makes you think we are in good shape for the CFP in the coming years? Name some positives we can hang our hat on? QB play? Passion? Effort? It wasn't 1 game, it was 4 and it's been a bad pattern and bowl games should be viewed as game 1 of the next season, they set the tone for the off season.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#649987
Liberty22 wrote: December 21st, 2022, 12:17 am He’s all in his feels. He’s ranting like a troll in multiple threads.
He’s bitter he didn’t get a call to be on staff. He knows how to coach and everything
Liberty22 liked this
By Tnobes
Posts
#649990
Purple Haize wrote: December 21st, 2022, 12:45 am
Liberty22 wrote: December 21st, 2022, 12:17 am He’s all in his feels. He’s ranting like a troll in multiple threads.
He’s bitter he didn’t get a call to be on staff. He knows how to coach and everything
Hilarious coming from the guy who claims he coached D1. But if you are satisfied with the last 4 games of the season good for you. I happen to not like turning a gimme 12 win season after BYU and Arkansas wins into an 8 win season . We ticked the season down our legs
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8

But what if LU paid for a top tier P5 to com[…]

Game #26: Bellarmine

This is an important pair of home games this week […]

How long will we be in C-USA?

You make a valid point about the issues commuter s[…]

Next President of Liberty University

Before Haize can reference it, LU has had a guy […]