Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Here's another thing that I want to bring up. Recruiting. I heard someone say they aren't sure if he can recruit. First of all, he can win, so I think that's an indicator, but I had little knowledge of how well he recruits outside of his team's performance.

Coastal may have the advantage in recruiting over Liberty on location, but I think Liberty shows better in the facilities and resources category. Obviously Coastal doesn't have the religious aspect and have been the media darling, but Freeze is known as a great recruiter.

I pulled the last three years of 247 recruiting rankings just because I'm lazy and don't feel like doing any more research than that:

2021 - LU 115 vs CCU 81
2022 - LU 98 vs CCU 69
2023 - LU 108 vs CCU 90

that's an average of over 25 teams ahead of us. I guess my question is, do we think Chadwell is a great recruiter or did he just have a benefit of the beach?
Liberty22, Cider Jim liked this
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 8:58 am
Logic wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 8:45 am More so - who Jesus Jukes on a football forum?
Precisely. :twisted: :evil:
Yet you are the one doing it and "Jesus juke" is about the "happiest" thing I've ever heard. A term made up by a fake Christian to attack Christians. Nice one acuff. Now if you can possibly stay on subject that would be nice
Last edited by Tnobes on December 3rd, 2022, 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 10:40 am Here's another thing that I want to bring up. Recruiting. I heard someone say they aren't sure if he can recruit. First of all, he can win, so I think that's an indicator, but I had little knowledge of how well he recruits outside of his team's performance.

Coastal may have the advantage in recruiting over Liberty on location, but I think Liberty shows better in the facilities and resources category. Obviously Coastal doesn't have the religious aspect and have been the media darling, but Freeze is known as a great recruiter.

I pulled the last three years of 247 recruiting rankings just because I'm lazy and don't feel like doing any more research than that:

2021 - LU 115 vs CCU 81
2022 - LU 98 vs CCU 69
2023 - LU 108 vs CCU 90

that's an average of over 25 teams ahead of us. I guess my question is, do we think Chadwell is a great recruiter or did he just have a benefit of the beach?
Former player I coached went to Coastal. He said there is no ball at the beach. They don’t have time. Beach is not the draw that makes a difference.
JK37 liked this
By willflop
Not sure that JC is worth 4 million, but I think there is something to be said about the publicity it brings to claiming we are the top resourced G5, which requires we continue the precedent post freeze.
By Touchdownmaker
Not sure any football coach is worth 4 million, but that’s what the going rate is. With our resources we certainly don’t want to lose him due to money.
We have catapulted the last 4 years and we don’t want to go backwards.
Great to see our coaching position ranked so high.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Coastal fans on their message board aren't taking potential rejection well. One called their coach "Judas Chadwell" and another said this:

I am ok with it if Chadwell does not coach today. If he wants to leave, then leave. No one breaks up with a girl and then still takes her to the prom. I don't want him to get credit for our win today.
https://www.coastalfans.com/forum/index ... =60714.825
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 12:30 pm Coastal fans on their message board aren't taking potential rejection well. One called their coach "Judas Chadwell" and another said this:

No one breaks up with a girl and then still takes her to the prom.
I did. True story.
Purple Haize, Baybird, flamehunter and 1 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 1:27 pm
Cider Jim wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 12:30 pm Coastal fans on their message board aren't taking potential rejection well. One called their coach "Judas Chadwell" and another said this:

No one breaks up with a girl and then still takes her to the prom.
I did. True story.
Cause you’re a Playa
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
That Coastal message board has some great one liners. :lol:

McCall transferring to Liberty would be the biggest heel turn since Hulk Hogan went Hollywood.
Ill flame, LUOrange liked this
By Ill flame
Cider Jim wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 1:52 pm That Coastal message board has some great one liners. :lol:

McCall transferring to Liberty would be the biggest heel turn since Hulk Hogan went Hollywood.
I guess it depends on how good McCall is with an air guitar.
By rjhenz
Registration Days Posts
Well if it is Chadwell, Costal is laying an egg just like we did against NMST. 2nd quarter 24-0 Troy.

NCAA needs to push the portal and recruiting dates back and make a rule like the NFL that coaches can’t be contacted during regular season. Permission is needed by school during bowl or playoff. This is crazy seeing these teams season getting completely wrecked at the end of the year because of these distractions. Not fair to the players. Players should handle it better, but they aren’t pro either. Many are still maturing.
Kricket, JK37, Wvflame2013 and 5 others liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
rjhenz wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 5:39 pm Well if it is Chadwell, Costal is laying an egg just like we did against NMST. 2nd quarter 24-0 Troy.

NCAA needs to push the portal and recruiting dates back and make a rule like the NFL that coaches can’t be contacted during regular season. Permission is needed by school during bowl or playoff. This is crazy seeing these teams season getting completely wrecked at the end of the year because of these distractions. Not fair to the players. Players should handle it better, but they aren’t pro either. Many are still maturing.
Funny, my wife was just saying this of all people. Move the transfer portal and the signing period should be moved back. It seems like a no brainer.
rjhenz, Wvflame2013 liked this
By Wvflame2013
rjhenz wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 5:39 pm Well if it is Chadwell, Costal is laying an egg just like we did against NMST. 2nd quarter 24-0 Troy.

Coaching Portal. Let the chaos ensue
JK37, LCA&LU Mom liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
That cracked me up!

Free agency for coaches and players shouldn’t start until after CFP Title Game and we should do away with early signing day. Problem solved.

Baseball does it, I think other pro sports do too. College football isn’t amateur anymore. Adapt or die.
Wvflame2013, LCA&LU Mom, AATL and 1 others liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]