Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

User avatar
By CCWMichael
Posts
#648631
Sly Fox wrote: November 30th, 2022, 10:31 am


Just sayin'.

Still a massive longshot.
Not so sure we start out near 5 mil or 4 mil unless the draw is Neon Deion like and maybe not even then. I see incentive based ... you WIN we can pay. Many will want to come because we can pay and offer a great environment but we need wins.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#648633
jimflamesfan wrote: November 30th, 2022, 4:52 pm They are saying Moglia will make a donation to Coastal to pay Chadwell more to keep him.
This has kinda been in the back of my mind as well. Joe Big Bucks is basically funding that program I thought. If he wants to keep Chadwell he will
By LUDad
Posts
#648635
Purple Haize wrote: November 30th, 2022, 6:16 pm
jimflamesfan wrote: November 30th, 2022, 4:52 pm They are saying Moglia will make a donation to Coastal to pay Chadwell more to keep him.
This has kinda been in the back of my mind as well. Joe Big Bucks is basically funding that program I thought. If he wants to keep Chadwell he will
True, but perhaps he is healthy again and wouldn't mind taking back the reins...
User avatar
By Ill flame
Posts
#648636
CCWMichael wrote: November 30th, 2022, 4:59 pm
Sly Fox wrote: November 30th, 2022, 10:31 am


Just sayin'.

Still a massive longshot.
Not so sure we start out near 5 mil or 4 mil unless the draw is Neon Deion like and maybe not even then. I see incentive based ... you WIN we can pay. Many will want to come because we can pay and offer a great environment but we need wins.
We were about to give HF a $5 million base pay. I wouldn't have an issue offering a coach a $2 or 3 million base pay with massive multi million dollar incentives for making it to a NY6/ CFP. I also wouldn't mind outbidding USF but I wouldn't want to play that game with a P5 like Colorado.
User avatar
By sstaedtler
Posts
#648637
The Colton Coastal news was something else, not a raise for Chadwell. Chadwell is my top candidate. After hearing some of his Sports Spectrum interview on his faith and its role, I think he'd 100% fit perfectly at Liberty. He's a good recruiter with not overwhelming resources to work with. I like the South Alabama coach a bit, Kane Wommack, and he has LU connections.
Can live with Patterson or Chizik, just not a fan of coaches that old.

Do not hire Allen, the Indiana coach. Not a big fan of any in house hire.
OneHope, LUFanPortal liked this
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#648638
Chadwell has probably had easier admission requirements than he’d have at LU
By OneHope
Posts
#648639
sstaedtler wrote: November 30th, 2022, 8:10 pm The Colton Coastal news was something else, not a raise for Chadwell. Chadwell is my top candidate. After hearing some of his Sports Spectrum interview on his faith and its role, I think he'd 100% fit perfectly at Liberty. He's a good recruiter with not overwhelming resources to work with. I like the South Alabama coach a bit, Kane Wommack, and he has LU connections.
Can live with Patterson or Chizik, just not a fan of coaches that old.

Do not hire Allen, the Indiana coach. Not a big fan of any in house hire.
I’m with you I really hope Allen is Not in consideration. The more I read about the IU football program the more we need to run from that dumpster fire.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
#648643
It seems like everything is pointing to Caldwell. If we do hire him, I hope he keeps Aldridge because Caldwell defenses have been trash.

For me, Helton is my favorite. I’m down for an up and coming P5 coordinator too.
User avatar
By Ill flame
Posts
#648645
OneHope wrote: November 30th, 2022, 9:20 pm
sstaedtler wrote: November 30th, 2022, 8:10 pm The Colton Coastal news was something else, not a raise for Chadwell. Chadwell is my top candidate. After hearing some of his Sports Spectrum interview on his faith and its role, I think he'd 100% fit perfectly at Liberty. He's a good recruiter with not overwhelming resources to work with. I like the South Alabama coach a bit, Kane Wommack, and he has LU connections.
Can live with Patterson or Chizik, just not a fan of coaches that old.

Do not hire Allen, the Indiana coach. Not a big fan of any in house hire.
I’m with you I really hope Allen is Not in consideration. The more I read about the IU football program the more we need to run from that dumpster fire.
I'm not really sure how it's a dumpster fire. He had a lot of success, his rockstar coordinators got poached and then had to deal with a lot of injuries at key positions while trying to reload. He wouldn't be my first pick but I have no doubt he would win here if given the opportunity.
Tnobes liked this
By Tnobes
Posts
#648648
jinxy wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:47 pm Frost was recently kicked off a golf course for public intox and supposedly also got a student pregnant according to husker fans.
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/ ... ch.287925/

The writer fails to mention in the frost hiding in the closet while Lawrence Phillips beats up a woman and drags her down the stairs by her hair story is that Lawrence Phillips beat up the woman because Scott frost slept with her..... While she was dating Lawrence Phillips. Scott Frost is a terrible person
Last edited by Tnobes on December 1st, 2022, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
OneHope liked this
By Tnobes
Posts
#648649
Ill flame wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:44 pm
OneHope wrote: November 30th, 2022, 9:20 pm
sstaedtler wrote: November 30th, 2022, 8:10 pm The Colton Coastal news was something else, not a raise for Chadwell. Chadwell is my top candidate. After hearing some of his Sports Spectrum interview on his faith and its role, I think he'd 100% fit perfectly at Liberty. He's a good recruiter with not overwhelming resources to work with. I like the South Alabama coach a bit, Kane Wommack, and he has LU connections.
Can live with Patterson or Chizik, just not a fan of coaches that old.

Do not hire Allen, the Indiana coach. Not a big fan of any in house hire.
I’m with you I really hope Allen is Not in consideration. The more I read about the IU football program the more we need to run from that dumpster fire.
I'm not really sure how it's a dumpster fire. He had a lot of success, his rockstar coordinators got poached and then had to deal with a lot of injuries at key positions while trying to reload. He wouldn't be my first pick but I have no doubt he would win here if given the opportunity.

Tom Allen had very good success when he had a healthy Michael Pinnix jr (Salter) and good coordinators like wommack and deboer (Aldridge and Austin). Tom Allen did well considering he plays Michigan, Penn State and Ohio State in his division

And Tom Allen isn't even my first choice, he's my 3rd or 4th but he'd be a good hire, only question would be would he get content or would he have the fire in belly to win and prove himself more than he did at Indiana, sometimes wanting to use something as a stepping stone is a good thing
By LUDad
Posts
#648656
LUDad wrote: November 30th, 2022, 6:42 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 30th, 2022, 6:16 pm
jimflamesfan wrote: November 30th, 2022, 4:52 pm They are saying Moglia will make a donation to Coastal to pay Chadwell more to keep him.
This has kinda been in the back of my mind as well. Joe Big Bucks is basically funding that program I thought. If he wants to keep Chadwell he will
True, but perhaps he is healthy again and wouldn't mind taking back the reins...
More I think about it, Moglia's real passion is coaching. Why else would a wealthy man intern and put in 60-80 hour weeks to learn a trade from the inside and out. He had to backoff to heal his lung condition. If he is now healthy again, he many figure he's has at least 5 good years left to coach. Chadwell leaves and cleans house giving Moglia free reign to start over fresh. He packs the place with good hires, sets up a foundation for NILS to be able buy some key recruits. He's proven he's a good coach and he now has a path to quickly get his team in the playoffs. He would be living his dream. How's that for a conspiracy theory?
Purple Haize, Baybird liked this
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#648657
LUDad wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:29 am
LUDad wrote: November 30th, 2022, 6:42 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 30th, 2022, 6:16 pm

This has kinda been in the back of my mind as well. Joe Big Bucks is basically funding that program I thought. If he wants to keep Chadwell he will
True, but perhaps he is healthy again and wouldn't mind taking back the reins...
More I think about it, Moglia's real passion is coaching. Why else would a wealthy man intern and put in 60-80 hour weeks to learn a trade from the inside and out. He had to backoff to heal his lung condition. If he is now healthy again, he many figure he's has at least 5 good years left to coach. Chadwell leaves and cleans house giving Moglia free reign to start over fresh. He packs the place with good hires, sets up a foundation for NILS to be able buy some key recruits. He's proven he's a good coach and he now has a path to quickly get his team in the playoffs. He would be living his dream. How's that for a conspiracy theory?
That actually makes a lot of sense
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
#648660
I wouldn’t be disappointed with Streeter per se, but I feel like a lot would have to go wrong for an offer to fall to him.

The article misses the mark for me. Coastal a better program? No. In a better conference? Yes.

If Chadwell decides to come to LU, it’s because he sees it for what it will be in the future. Along with better resources and facilities than where he is now or USF. And a bigger paycheck.
OneHope, ballcoach15, LCA&LU Mom and 4 others liked this
User avatar
By rjhenz
Registration Days Posts
#648675
Yea, I hope it would be Todd Monken he is referring to. Hasn't been an HC much. Only 3 years at Southern Miss, and took them from last place to 1st place and bowl game. The offense at Georgia has been humming for the last few years. Has some NFL experience as well. Interesting name to come up.
Last edited by rjhenz on December 1st, 2022, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 13

Corrected! I am not going to sugarcoat it. This re[…]

Quick Notes: Executive Board Average Age i[…]

Snaps Coming Back in 2023

Hopefully this season, "Auburn will not be on[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

It is always sad when sudden medical events happen[…]