Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:It is a massive assumption that Auburn leaked the info to Thamel. I covered P5 athletics for two decades and the primary source of info was agents 80-90% of the time. Occassionally I would get someone on the inside of the Athletic Department to leak info. But typically that was only if they had a grudge.

My guess is Ole Jimmy strikes again. And for the record, I used to get info from him back in the day. He's a shrewd operator.

Small world, the guy who was the football SID at Auburn for decades is an old media buddy of mine. But he switched departments this past year.
I heard that too... Sexton apparently is a dirty guy. Hopefully the next coach we sign doesn't work with him if it indeed is his MO. I read his bio and that guy has CINO (Christian in Name Only) written all over him. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of CINOs and I don't want one here at any level of leadership.

All that said, seeing the backlash at Auburn and the vitriolic reactions from some makes me think this easily could have been an effort to tank Freeze and that some young buck activist could have done this to stir it all up before things were finalized. Either way - we'll probably never know.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:02 pm It is a massive assumption that Auburn leaked the info to Thamel. I covered P5 athletics for two decades and the primary source of info was agents 80-90% of the time. Occassionally I would get someone on the inside of the Athletic Department to leak info. But typically that was only if they had a grudge.

My guess is Ole Jimmy strikes again. And for the record, I used to get info from him back in the day. He's a shrewd operator.

Small world, the guy who was the football SID at Auburn for decades is an old media buddy of mine. But he switched departments this past year.
Auburn being Auburn 😀

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I heard that as well, TH Spangler. I just know this all works. And there was little upside for Auburn to leak that info.

Now the agent for both Coach Freeze & Kiffin had plenty of reasons.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
It seemed from the interview that Ian knew weeks ago that Auburn was courting Freeze or at least he knew HCHF was Auburn's #2 choice. If this was the case and Freeze told Ian then why would he not tell his players before Saturday morning when they approached him? Furthermore, would Freeze have said anything if none of the players approached him before the game? Questions that I guess will never be answered and are irrelevant at this time. I just really feel like the players got shafted in this situation. They deserved better.
Tnobes liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Freeze said in his press conference that he has not given up access to his social media. He also said he hasn't been managing them for the last 3 weeks.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I watched entire press conference. The thing that stood out to me was in the past 2 or 3 weeks, Freeze apparently spent more time watching Auburn, than he did preparing game plans for LU's final 3 games. He was more busy scouting Auburn than he was UConn, VT and NMSU.
LU 57 liked this
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 9:54 pm I watched entire press conference. The thing that stood out to me was in the past 2 or 3 weeks, Freeze apparently spent more time watching Auburn, than he did preparing game plans for LU's final 3 games. He was more busy scouting Auburn than he was UConn, VT and NMSU.
I picked up on that too. Frustrating. Oh well, water under the bridge now. Really interested to see who ADIM lands.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 9:54 pm I watched entire press conference. The thing that stood out to me was in the past 2 or 3 weeks, Freeze apparently spent more time watching Auburn, than he did preparing game plans for LU's final 3 games. He was more busy scouting Auburn than he was UConn, VT and NMSU.
Most likely the same thing with Chadwell. JMU 47 CCU 7. Rule needs to be no negotiations until entire season is complete.
rjhenz liked this
By LUOrange
TH Spangler wrote: November 30th, 2022, 8:02 am
Most likely the same thing with Chadwell. JMU 47 CCU 7. Rule needs to be no negotiations until entire season is complete.
I agree. However, the main problem lies with the Transfer Portal deadline and the Early Signing Period both being in December. But this frustration applies to the players as well with those who abruptly enter the Portal and those who choose not to play in Bowl games.
LU 57, rjhenz, JK37 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
The most fascinating one of all might be Kent Austin. HF was able to land Malik Willis, but it was Kent who groomed him & taught him how to elevate his game. KA situation remains an enigma.
By Ill flame
I think Kent Austin is gonna be one of the guys that goes to Auburn. I would be suprised if more than 2 or 3 guys follow hugh freeze though. At the end of the day he needs a P5 staff to win and he knows that very well.
By AATL
Freeze lets go of everyone except Cadillac (RBs), Robinson (LBs/Defensive Run Game Coord.), and Etheridge (DBs).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: November 30th, 2022, 9:38 pm Freeze lets go of everyone except Cadillac (RBs), Robinson (LBs/Defensive Run Game Coord.), and Etheridge (DBs).
To be expected
By AATL
Garrett was probably a given. If Freeze is keeping the DB and LB coaches and pursuing P5 coordinators, we could end up with not much more damage on the defensive side.

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.