Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Tnobes
SumItUp wrote: November 29th, 2022, 1:03 am I'm beginning to think Ballcoach has an a burner account and paid someone 40 bucks at Fiverr to write content.
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 1:04 am You said he was a one-hit wonder. I simply proved he’s not.

Don’t disrespect what you’ve never done.

For kicks, let’s play a game. What do you think is hardest to do: Win at North Greenville, a small CHRISTIAN university? Win at Charleston Southern, another small, CHRISTIAN university? Win at Delta? Or win at Coastal Carolina?

Trick question: the hardest thing is to do ALL of them in the same career. And that’s what Chadwell has done.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fromt ... -brent-key

“Chadwell has been a head coach for almost all of the last 13 years in the southeast. He’s compiled a 22- 14 record in three years at D-II North Greenville, a 35-14 record in four years at FCS Charleston Southern, and a 39-20 record (so far) in his last four years as full-time head coach at Coastal Carolina.

“Chadwell has won everywhere he’s been for any meaningful amount of time, even when you consider the tough first year his programs have had to endure. The level of consistent success that he’s built over the last three years in a very competitive Sun Belt is not something to be ignored – the Chanticleers are 31-4 (20-3), set to play for their second Sun Belt Championship, and on pace for their second ranked finish during that span. Chadwell also won multiple National Coach of the Year awards after the Chanticleers’ 2020 season.

“While it’s fair to think that winning at the G5 level doesn’t necessarily mean it will translate to winning in the ACC, winning consistently across different levels of football does seem to be something that translates to the Power-5 – just look at what Lance Leipold (who won 6 – yes, SIX – Division III National Championships at Wisconsin-Whitewater) has been able to accomplish in six years at Buffalo and in only two years at a previously hapless Kansas program.”

@Tnobes Chadwell is a man of faith. And he might not be LU’s next coach. LU might not be able to get him at this point. He’s on P5 short lists. I’m not pushing him. But you’re dead-wrong calling him a one-hit wonder.
It's not a trick question, winning at low levels is easy, winning at coastal is harder because the talent level increases so I give him credit for having 2 great seasons (11 wins) and one good season (9 wins).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:40 am
JK37 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:08 am
Tnobes wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:02 am

I think coaching at delta should put you in line to be the next Head coach at Alabama. From one national powerhouse to the next!
There you go again, running from one extreme to the other. Seriously, dude, the emotional crash is gonna get ya. Relax.
I go to extremes to show you the ridiculousness of the things you say like coaching at Delta is a feather in your cap. And I go to extremes because you and purple Haze are like "I've coached division 1 blah blah blah" "elite level blah blah blah" if you haven't coached at the power 5 level you've hardly coached division 1, it's like owning 5 hardware stores and thinking you are Home Depot or thinking a minor league baseball player is a "professional athlete"
Well I guess we know who always got picked last in gym class
Cider Jim liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:01 am
Tnobes wrote: November 29th, 2022, 1:18 am winning at low levels is easy
That’s my cue.
This is where Teddy Roosevelt’s ‘Man In The Arena” quote comes in handy
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote: November 29th, 2022, 3:33 am Y’all can count me as a no for chadwell. After hearing what his demands are at his next stop he already has been taken off the candidate list at a certain P5.
Can you elaborate? Just curious…
By AATL
TH Spangler wrote: November 29th, 2022, 9:01 am Chadwell wins. He'll win where ever he is. Like it or not.
His offenses are fun to watch. His defenses, less so. That could pair nicely if Aldridge and some of the defensive staff stick around, which I hope they do.
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:06 am
JK37 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:01 am
Tnobes wrote: November 29th, 2022, 1:18 am winning at low levels is easy
That’s my cue.
This is where Teddy Roosevelt’s ‘Man In The Arena” quote comes in handy
Yup. Vince Lombardi would have a super hard time winning high school football games. :roll:
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: November 29th, 2022, 1:52 am
Tnobes wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:40 am
JK37 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:08 am

There you go again, running from one extreme to the other. Seriously, dude, the emotional crash is gonna get ya. Relax.
I go to extremes to show you the ridiculousness of the things you say like coaching at Delta is a feather in your cap. And I go to extremes because you and purple Haze are like "I've coached division 1 blah blah blah" "elite level blah blah blah" if you haven't coached at the power 5 level you've hardly coached division 1, it's like owning 5 hardware stores and thinking you are Home Depot or thinking a minor league baseball player is a "professional athlete"
Well I guess we know who always got picked last in gym class
A low level division 1 "coach" who thinks winning in the MAC is as hard as winning the SEC west?"
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Someone might want to consider

By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Like I said in the other thread, unbiased outside view, I'd give Aldridge a shot. He can maintain what Hugh built there, knows the culture, etc.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:27 pm Like I said in the other thread, unbiased outside view, I'd give Aldridge a shot. He can maintain what Hugh built there, knows the culture, etc.
No thanks. He might be a great coach one day, but recruiting would be tough with him in that position.

...I have heard about a good coach in Carolina... ;)
ballcoach15 liked this
By LUOrange
Joe Jauch mentioned Streeter, Chadwell, Allen, and Reich as potential candidates on the Flames Central Podcast yesterday. McCaw also stated that he wanted be respectful of programs playing this weekend. So of the names mentioned by several sources, Chadwell, Streeter, and Chizick are all coaching this weekend. The Athletic also mentioned Nick Bolovich and Symons as potential candidates.

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.