Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LU 57
ALAFlamesFan wrote: November 29th, 2022, 10:06 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 9:49 pm Who is Wommack ? Never heard of him
That is because he is young. Look up South Alabama's record. Also, was up for the top Assistant Coach award a couple years back in the Big Ten.
His dad was one of Freeze’s DC at Ole Miss.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 30th, 2022, 1:00 am Here is an observation. LU played incredibly flat on Saturday as did Coastal with both losing lop-sided games. Hugh had already been in talks with Auburn. Has Chadwell been in talks with us as well as others that took his mind off of game-planning???
No, his future NFL QB didn't play .
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Both are legitimate factors. And Chadwell's interest is no secret. Nor is Cignetti's. But it would seem to be a safer bet that we go with an offensive guy more than an old school D guy.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I resisted as long as I could but it is time to add Coach Prime to the list. Several media reports now reference contact with LU. I am also now hearing that a number of P5 schools have reluctant to move forward after vetting process brought up concerns from Prime Prep Academy. Those schools seem to be concerned about how he would handle the academics side of the college experience. Well, there are two years of track record to observe at Jackson State. Supposedly that is what scared off Auburn and some other major programs. Essentially he needs to either take a lower FBS program to prove he can be ready for a major one. Sound familiar?

Bottom line, I still think its is highly unlikely he come to the Mountain. But apparently it is not as crazy as I had assumed over the weekend.

For the record, I covered him for years as a Cowboy. He clearly has matured beyond those days. But I can tell you that he was never even in his most outlandish high-steppin' days.
LCA&LU Mom liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 30th, 2022, 10:09 am I resisted as long as I could but it is time to add Coach Prime to the list. Several media reports now reference contact with LU. I am also now hearing that a number of P5 schools have reluctant to move forward after vetting process brought up concerns from Prime Prep Academy. Those schools seem to be concerned about how he would handle the academics side of the college experience. Well, there are two years of track record to observe at Jackson State. Supposedly that is what scared off Auburn and some other major programs. Essentially he needs to either take a lower FBS program to prove he can be ready for a major one. Sound familiar?

Bottom line, I still think its is highly unlikely he come to the Mountain. But apparently it is not as crazy as I had assumed over the weekend.

For the record, I covered him for years as a Cowboy. He clearly has matured beyond those days. But I can tell you that he was never even in his most outlandish high-steppin' days.
I would be ecstatic to get Sanders. He would be able to get players here that normally would never consider us.
LCA&LU Mom, CCWMichael liked this
By LUFanPortal
Recent Twitter said Sanders is down to three (Cinn/ Colorado/ USF) .. could be a smoke screen

He also confirmed Chadwell's interest in LU. I would be concerned about his P5 eyes keeping open, and we keep a watch on him every year (which just got old).
By aj7
Tom Allen doesn't really excite me. Seems like a guy that will be good enough not to get fired, but not good enough to get hired away. We should be so good that we become a coaching cradle feeding top 15 programs. If Allen comes to LU we'd have to question his ambition to win at the highest level.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
LUFanPortal - He's now on there.

All indications are that Chadwell is on our short list. I think it has been clear to many of us that he has long sought this job even when competing against us.
LUFanPortal liked this
By AATL
Sly Fox wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:13 am All indications are that Chadwell is on our short list.
Awesome. Kindly ask him to leave his defense in Conway and I love it. That offense is a machine and has been well before he was at Coastal with McCall.
JK37 liked this
By Tnobes
I'm warming up to clay helton. Good coaching contacts and he had some success at USC, obviously not enough for USC's expectations but he didn't suck. Chadwell would be nice, prime would be nice but a big longshot. Frost heck no. I understand another posters comment about Tom Allen maybe being only good enough not to fire but not good enough to be poached but I wouldn't be disappointed in a tom Allen hire.
JK37 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For those curious about the upcoming schedule for some of the candidates:

Aldridge & Austin - Bowl TBA

Tom Allen - Done for Year

Mike Brown - Bowl TBA

Jamey Chadwell - 3:30 pm Saturday vs Troy in Sun Belt Championship Game on ESPN

Gene Chizik - 8pm Saturday vs. Clemson in ACC Championship

Curt Cignetti - Done for Year

Chris Creighton - Bowl TBA

Tony Dews - Sunday @ Eagles

Scott Frost - Free Agent

Clay Helton - Bowl TBA

Mike London - 3pm Saturday vs. Gardner-Webb in FCS Playoffs

Jeff Grimes - Bowl TBA

G.J. Kinne - 1pm Saturday vs. Furman in FCS Playoffs

Mike Minter - Done for Year

Barry Odom - Bowl TBA

Anthony Poindexter - Bowl TBA

Deion Sanders - 3pm Saturday vs. Southern in SWAC Championship

Brandon Streeter - 8pm Saturday vs. North Carolina in ACC Championship

Cadillac Anderson - Done for Year

Kane Wommack - Bowl TBA
LCA&LU Mom, rjhenz liked this
By Tnobes
Maybe Mike Brown? He'd have that Cadillac williams love/pride for the school and hope that Jim harbaugh and Luke fickell rubbed off on him? But maybe we are above the take a chance on a no head coaching experience candidate
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 30th, 2022, 11:36 am For those curious about the upcoming schedule for some of the candidates:

Aldridge & Austin - Bowl TBA

Tom Allen - Done for Year

Mike Brown - Bowl TBA

Jamey Chadwell - 3:30 pm Saturday vs Troy in Sun Belt Championship Game on ESPN

Gene Chizik - 8pm Saturday vs. Clemson in ACC Championship

Curt Cignetti - Done for Year

Chris Creighton - Bowl TBA

Tony Dews - Sunday @ Eagles

Scott Frost - Free Agent

Clay Helton - Bowl TBA

Mike London - 3pm Saturday vs. Gardner-Webb in FCS Playoffs

Jeff Grimes - Bowl TBA

G.J. Kinne - 1pm Saturday vs. Furman in FCS Playoffs

Mike Minter - Done for Year

Barry Odom - Bowl TBA

Deion Sanders - 3pm Saturday vs. Southern in SWAC Championship

Brandon Streeter - 8pm Saturday vs. North Carolina in ACC Championship

Cadillac Anderson - Done for Year

Kane Wommack - Bowl TBA
Based on the ‘respect for teams playing this weekend’ in combination with everything else Ian has said one name pops out to me

Gene Chizik
By LUalum12
Registration Days Posts
I think its Chadwell's job to turn down. Mike Brown would be a good hire but the zero head coach experience looms large for him and Streeter. I am on the fence when it comes to Frost but we could do worse I suppose. Tom Allen knows how to build culture and would be a good fit. No matter who it is, I will support them.
aj7 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I hope it’s not Chizik. He has a ring because of Cam Newton and Cam Newton alone. Without that one magical season relying on Newton he’s 24-38…38-38 with the Heisman winner.
aj7 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]