This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Well, Jr has zero say with the school anymore and Jonathan is in a position of leadership.

Besides, it’s not about ownership of the school, it’s about ownership of the family name. Jonathan has equal claim to it. Maybe they should ask Gene. Or even @ballcoach15’s buddy TF.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Jr. is still a sad individual. In parts of this story he sounds like Jim Bakker after he crashed. He tries to take more credit for the school than his dad. He may have brought it into it's current form (construction is like art, his masterpiece :roll: ) but it took a founder to have the vision and give it a spiritual foundation. Afterall, Jr told us he had nothing to do with that. And we believe him.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It’s amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit.

This is a sad individual trying to ensure his life meant something positive, when unfortunately what he will be most remembered for are the voluntary misdeeds which removed him from authority and responsibility.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: December 1st, 2022, 11:21 am Where did you see that Auburn made him do it?
It’s the story floating around. Absolutely some accuracy to it. When he was being vetted this was a HUGE red flag. They hired a PR firm to deal with it. This is a no brainer solution.
By BlueBlood
JK37 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 11:44 am Auburn didn’t per se. But he did offer an apology when asked about it.
100% understood, but that is not what is purported above. I probably trigger too easily, but it's always a pet peeve of mine when a headline and an article don't match up.
By Whatisthetruth
BlueBlood wrote: December 1st, 2022, 11:52 am
JK37 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 11:44 am Auburn didn’t per se. But he did offer an apology when asked about it.
100% understood, but that is not what is purported above. I probably trigger too easily, but it's always a pet peeve of mine when a headline and an article don't match up.
Why didn't the LU leadership take it serious and do something about it if Auburn saw it as a red flag? Perhaps Prevo is color blind?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 1st, 2022, 12:29 pm Jr approved the Freeze hire FYI.
This is concerning Freeze's messages to the LU assault case "survivor" which occurred after he was here. On Prevo's watch I believe. That's where the truth person is coming from.
By Tnobes
Whatisthetruth wrote: December 1st, 2022, 12:00 pm
BlueBlood wrote: December 1st, 2022, 11:52 am
Why didn't the LU leadership take it serious and do something about it if Auburn saw it as a red flag? Perhaps Prevo is color blind?
Because it was a nothing burger, showing the DM is an attention seeker by the girl, nothing wrong with the DM, it wasn't threatening in any way. Now would it be better if your high profile employee ignored it and didn't do it? Absolutely, but nothing was threatening or harassment about it. I'd say "she posted something, I responded to it" this apologizing for saying stuff and apologizing for posting stuff is getting ridiculous. Never apologize

SML isn’t too far That's where the curr[…]

Game #24: @ Austin Peay

Bizarre that they played Lipscomb twice in three[…]

2023 is kicking in to high gear already. This whol[…]

FGCU

The Lady Flames have been on a roll in past co[…]