If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 28th, 2022, 10:38 am Current FBS openings as of Monday morning:

Cincinnati
Colorado
FAU
Georgia Tech
Liberty
Stanford
Texas State
Tulsa
UAB
UNLV
USF
Western Michigan
Ranking these openings

Stanford
Cincinnati
Liberty
Ga Tech
Rest
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Colorado is a sleeping giant. In a watered down Pac-12 the right coach can turn things around relatively quickly if he can bring in talent. That's why Coach Prime to Boulder is more intruiguing than you would expect at first glance.
AATL liked this
By LUDad
Liberty22 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 8:03 pm
Sly Fox wrote: November 28th, 2022, 10:38 am Current FBS openings as of Monday morning:

Cincinnati
Colorado
FAU
Georgia Tech
Liberty
Stanford
Texas State
Tulsa
UAB
UNLV
USF
Western Michigan
Ranking these openings

Stanford
Cincinnati
Liberty
Ga Tech
Rest
Don't know that I would want the Cincinnati job if I were an up and coming coach. Expectations might be a bit too unrealistic after past few years, even after considering the move up.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
They’ve got some experience on staff that might allow to promote from within. Or maybe go out and get a Fickell type with extensive experience in Big10/Midwest. No idea, my contacts aren’t as good it there. I only know two assistants on that staff, and neither is pursuing HC job. One or both going w/ Fickell.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Moving to the Big XII is what makes Cincy attractive.

The USC/UCLA exit is what makes the Pac-12 watered down. And the potential that UDub & the Ducks could potentially be exiting as well give folks in Boulder hope for the future. I am hearing that Bienemy is likely headed home since he keeps getting stonewalled for NFL head gigs.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
That makes more sense, I didn't consider the re-alignment angle. I may be viewing this with homer glasses, but I don't see Colorado as much more attractive than here. They've had one winning season the last 17 years and the last time they had more than two winning seasons in a row they were in the Big 8.

We've got:
1. Recent Success
2. Truckloads of money
3. An easier path to conference championships and playoff bids
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 7:52 pm FAU must desperate to hire Herman.
Maybe. Taggert has been brutal through multiple stops.

Meanwhile, Herman is renowned for offensive success. Across six seasons at Houston (2015-16) and Texas (2017-20), he has accumulated a career record of 54-22 and has five bowl victories. Yeah, what a loser!

FAU got a good one.
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 7:52 pm I expect Cicny to struggle in B12.
I disagree. Cinci already recruits east coast and Midwest. With move to Big XII, they have a pathway to recruit all the way to the Rockies if not nationally. If they get this hire right, they are a sleeping giant.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 7:52 pm I expect Cicny to struggle in B12.
Not if they hire Deion Sanders. :shock:
By cruzan_flame13
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 8:13 am If I were Deion, I’d go to Cincy before Boulder. Just me though.

And I would negotiate a lifetime supply of skyline chili somehow into my contract.
I'm pretty sure Deion wouldn't ask for that, but if it's free, why not :lol: . I had Skyline's chili (in Cindy btw) and it's not all that as the rave promotions it. Just my opinion btw; don't want folks flipping out :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:58 am
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 8:13 am If I were Deion, I’d go to Cincy before Boulder. Just me though.

And I would negotiate a lifetime supply of skyline chili somehow into my contract.
I had Skyline's chili (in Cindy btw) and it's not all that as the rave promotions it. Just my opinion btw; don't want folks flipping out :D
It’s ok. Not all of us have refined mature adult palates. Stick to your chicken nuggets from the kiddie menu! I think it comes with a free juice box! :D

Honestly it is a bit of an acquired taste. It’s not like anything you’ll ever eat so I get that. I enjoy it with some nice pepper sauce Im not sure how I feel about it on a hot dog It’s not my favorite but it’s not horrible
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am going to ignore the heresy in regard to Cincy chili (Skyline & Gold Star). Obviously Coach Prime already has developed a taste for the stuff during his days with the Reds.
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:29 pm I am going to ignore the heresy in regard to Cincy chili (Skyline & Gold Star). Obviously Coach Prime already has developed a taste for the stuff during his days with the Reds.
Even on a hot dog? I’m more of a traditional Midwest (Detroit style) coney guy
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 2:42 pm I am a fan of the Pete Rose Special: 3-way with a cheese coney on the side. That's who I am.
I can live with that.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:06 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:58 am

I had Skyline's chili (in Cindy btw) and it's not all that as the rave promotions it. Just my opinion btw; don't want folks flipping out :D
It’s ok. Not all of us have refined mature adult palates. Stick to your chicken nuggets from the kiddie menu! I think it comes with a free juice box! :D

Honestly it is a bit of an acquired taste. It’s not like anything you’ll ever eat so I get that. I enjoy it with some nice pepper sauce Im not sure how I feel about it on a hot dog It’s not my favorite but it’s not horrible
I eat food that actually have true seasonings and spices growing up in a West Indian household, so please don't explain to me about taste :lol: . You can stick with with the based foods if you'd like. If you think that is "acquired" taste, then you'll believe you are in true paradise eating actual chili and other foods from the Caribbean. This guy :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Cincy chili is derived from Greek seasonings particularly with the cinnamon. Again, it is not for everyone. But "based foods"?

Now back to the carousel which will likely returning to spinning tomorrow night and certainly on Sunday it will be a light speed.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 3:59 pm Danny Rocco headed to VMI to replace his former assistant. I hope he does well there.
That’s a very head scratching move
Cider Jim liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]