Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Tnobes
I'm not too sold on one hit wonders like frost or jamey chadwell, who knows if they can have sustainable success or not, but I realize you need to take a chance sometimes. I'm intrigued by a Gene Chizik or Tom Allen but maybe they are probably long shots to wanting it. I kinda like a big name in a small G5 sea for recruiting purposes
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Is there anyone on staff currently that has the chops to be hired/promoted into the HC spot? Cignetti at JMU is on the older side (61). Streeter has good credentials and ties to LU, but he's never been a HC. I've seen Chizik's name mentioned, but just wonder if he really wants to climb the ladder, or is he waiting for Mack Brown (currently 71) to retire and get the UNC job?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:New coach wil be a former P5 Head Coach or current P5 head coach.
You've already been wrong once today.
rtb72, Purple Haize liked this
By jmclaughlin
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:27 pm Who will be interim coach
This will be interesting. Good thing is Auburn is not in a bowl game. If HF pulls all of his staff with him, they won’t need to go right away.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 7:18 pm New coach wil be a former P5 Head Coach or current P5 head coach.
After Turner Gill was not renewed, does anybody remember when Ballcoach predicted Dabo would be LU's next head coach? :shock: :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:09 pm I'm not too sold on one hit wonders like frost or jamey chadwell, who knows if they can have sustainable success or not, but I realize you need to take a chance sometimes. I'm intrigued by a Gene Chizik or Tom Allen but maybe they are probably long shots to wanting it. I kinda like a big name in a small G5 sea for recruiting purposes
I’m not sold on Frost, either.

Chadwell is not a one-hit wonder.
By AATL
via ASOR
The transfer portal opens Dec. 5, allowing FBS players to officially enter the portal at that time, and the early signing period begins Dec. 21. McCaw and Liberty will hope to have a new head coach in place in approximately one week.
We've seen the positive aspects of the portal under Freeze -- hopefully we don't have to learn too much about the negative over the next couple weeks. We won't have to wait long to find out what we're losing, but I hope we name an interim immediately and can wrap up the search quickly. With Hugh's name coming up for vacancies every year, it's hard to imagine that ADIM doesn't have a somewhat short list already formed.
Liberty22 liked this
By Tnobes
Phone calls were probably made to gauge interest right when Auburn fired their coach, Ian had to know that was a school of interest to freeze. Ian couldn't have been blindsided
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 8:00 pm
Tnobes wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:09 pm I'm not too sold on one hit wonders like frost or jamey chadwell, who knows if they can have sustainable success or not, but I realize you need to take a chance sometimes. I'm intrigued by a Gene Chizik or Tom Allen but maybe they are probably long shots to wanting it. I kinda like a big name in a small G5 sea for recruiting purposes

He's done well at coastal, Delta and those other tiny programs are glorified high school football and hardly count for anything
By Tothehoopyall1
I don’t think it will be Cignetti. I’m a no on Streeter as HC. Patterson is interesting but don’t know much about him personally. I am in agreement that our next coach could/should have some P5 experience. Why would we not go for that again? Mike London- Please no. He was awful at UVa. Tom Allen-hard to get excited about him. Would Gus Malzahn leave UCF for LU? That would be interesting. Deion- He would bring in the talent but is he a fit at LU?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:53 pm

He's done well at coastal, Delta and those other tiny programs are glorified high school football and hardly count for anything
You have no idea what you’re talking about. Again.

You’re like a good ol’ Baptist preacher: not always right, but never in doubt.

I’m not pushing for Jamie. Thing is, I’m not sure LU could convince him to come; he’s on P5 short lists right now.
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 11:46 pm

I’m not pushing for Jamie. Thing is, I’m not sure LU could convince him to come; he’s on P5 short lists right now.
I think coaching at delta should put you in line to be the next Head coach at Alabama. From one national powerhouse to the next!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:02 am

I think coaching at delta should put you in line to be the next Head coach at Alabama. From one national powerhouse to the next!
There you go again, running from one extreme to the other. Seriously, dude, the emotional crash is gonna get ya. Relax.
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:08 am
Tnobes wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:02 am

There you go again, running from one extreme to the other. Seriously, dude, the emotional crash is gonna get ya. Relax.
I go to extremes to show you the ridiculousness of the things you say like coaching at Delta is a feather in your cap. And I go to extremes because you and purple Haze are like "I've coached division 1 blah blah blah" "elite level blah blah blah" if you haven't coached at the power 5 level you've hardly coached division 1, it's like owning 5 hardware stores and thinking you are Home Depot or thinking a minor league baseball player is a "professional athlete"
Last edited by Tnobes on November 29th, 2022, 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
You said he was a one-hit wonder. I simply proved he’s not.

Don’t disrespect what you’ve never done.

For kicks, let’s play a game. What do you think is hardest to do: Win at North Greenville, a small CHRISTIAN university? Win at Charleston Southern, another small, CHRISTIAN university? Win at Delta? Or win at Coastal Carolina?

Trick question: the hardest thing is to do ALL of them in the same career. And that’s what Chadwell has done.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fromt ... -brent-key

“Chadwell has been a head coach for almost all of the last 13 years in the southeast. He’s compiled a 22- 14 record in three years at D-II North Greenville, a 35-14 record in four years at FCS Charleston Southern, and a 39-20 record (so far) in his last four years as full-time head coach at Coastal Carolina.

“Chadwell has won everywhere he’s been for any meaningful amount of time, even when you consider the tough first year his programs have had to endure. The level of consistent success that he’s built over the last three years in a very competitive Sun Belt is not something to be ignored – the Chanticleers are 31-4 (20-3), set to play for their second Sun Belt Championship, and on pace for their second ranked finish during that span. Chadwell also won multiple National Coach of the Year awards after the Chanticleers’ 2020 season.

“While it’s fair to think that winning at the G5 level doesn’t necessarily mean it will translate to winning in the ACC, winning consistently across different levels of football does seem to be something that translates to the Power-5 – just look at what Lance Leipold (who won 6 – yes, SIX – Division III National Championships at Wisconsin-Whitewater) has been able to accomplish in six years at Buffalo and in only two years at a previously hapless Kansas program.”

@Tnobes Chadwell is a man of faith. And he might not be LU’s next coach. LU might not be able to get him at this point. He’s on P5 short lists. I’m not pushing him. But you’re dead-wrong calling him a one-hit wonder.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]